- The Bside "Tombigbee" by Tori Amos begins with almost these exact words. It most likely refers to the plight of Native Americans under the early expansionist American government.
- To you it's another dayTo me it's a grim reapingJust another shooting starHanging on your wire
- The extended version of Rob Cantor's "Shia LaBeouf" (which, as the name suggests tells the story of an unnamed protagonist's conflict with Shia LaBeouf, who in the song is a cannibalistic serial killer) features the lines:
- Legendary fight with Shia LaBeouf
Normal Tuesday night for Shia LaBeouf
- Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" inverts this, in that the singer, the one wronged, recognizes that the person to whom he is singing may not remember the incident that he can't forget:
- I've seen your face before my friend,
But I don't know if you know who I am ...
- "Just Another Day" by Lisa Dames is a story of a woman who was raised by a single mother, who herself dies in a car accident soon afterward. She uses the chorus to show that her loss isn't that big in the grand scheme of things, and that she will be okay no matter what happens:
- No one called from the White House to say
The president's making this a holiday
People still ridin' in the subway alone
It didn't stop anybody's big league game
Or sinners from fallin' on their knees to pray
Traffic's still movin' real slow all over LA
For the rest of the world, oh yeah
It was just another day
- "The Entertainer" by Billy Joel is a non-villainous (probably) example from the point of view of the one doing the deeds:
- I am the entertainer; I've been all around the worldI've played all kinds of palaces, laid all kinds of girlsI can't remember faces, don't remember namesAh, but what the hell, y'know it's just as well'Cause after a while and a thousand milesIt all becomes the same
- The Jack of Hearts from Bob Dylan's Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts apparently has a very interesting love life, according to the lost verse (which appears in many cover versions of the song, most notably that of Joan Baez):
- Lily's arms were locked around the man that she dearly loved to touch,
She forgot all about the man she couldn't stand who hounded her so much.
"I've missed you so," she said to him, and he felt she was sincere,
But just beyond the door he felt jealousy and fear.
Just another night in the life of the Jack of Hearts.
But For Me It Was Tuesday / Music