- 3-2-1 Penguins!:
- The heat on Planet Wait-Your-Turn is intense! Its like... like...Fidgel: Like a sauna.
Midgel: Like a barbecue.
Zidgel: Like someones barbecuing in a sauna!
(Cut to an image of two guys doing just that.)
- The falling moon of Planet Tell-A-Lie could lead to a disaster:Fidgel: A flood!
Midgel: A fire!
Fidgel: A flood on fire!
Kevin: Their cable could go out.
- The heat on Planet Wait-Your-Turn is intense! Its like... like...
- The Simpsons:
- Episode "Burns' Heir":Mr Burns: I suggest you leave immediately.
Homer: Or what? You'll release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?
- This one from the episode "Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie":Homer: If you've been good, pizza. If you've been bad... uh... let's see... poison.
Lisa: What if one of us has been good and one of us has been bad?
Bart: Poison pizza.
Homer: Oh no, I'm not making two stops.
- After Homer's driver's license gets suspended.Homer: I am so screwed. I can't drive to work, I can't drive to the store, and I certainly can't drive to the store at work.
- "Horseplay! Roughhousing! Horse-housing!!"
- While flying first-class on an airplane, Homer is given the choice of ordering one steak or two steaks for dinner. He asks if he can order three steaks, and the stewardess cheerfully says "yes".
- In the episode "The Color Yellow" while making a family tree for school, Lisa is horrified that she can't find a single good ancestor, and that she comes from "a long line of horse thieves, deadbeats, horse beats, dead thieves."
- In "HOMЯ", research scientists discover Homer has a crayon lodged in his brain, and offer to remove it.Scientist: Removing could increase your thinking power. Or kill you.
Homer: Increase my killing power, eh?
- In the Treehouse of Horror episode spoofing The Shining, Homer refers to television's "warm, glowing, warming glow".
- In the "Bartman Begins" segment of "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times", when Apu's news-stand gets robbed he mentions that the thief stole his Heralds, Tribunes, and Herald-Tribunes.
- From "Pygmoelian":Moe: I've been called ugly, pug ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly.
- "Hurricane Neddy" combines this with Curse Cut Short during a tape showing Ned Flanders as a hyperactive Bratty Half-Pint.Flanders: Whee, I'm Dick Tracy! Bam! Take that Prune Face! Now I'm Prune Face! Take that Dick Tracy! Now I'm Prune Tracy! Take that Dick-Dr. Foster: Ned, stop it at once!
- Episode "Burns' Heir":
- The Amazing World of Gumball: When Nicole is trying to explain to Yuki why she was always jealous of her.Nicole: You always had the best hair and house and car and butler and ponies and pony butlers.
- "Do you eat beans? Would you like to see a new movie starring George Wendt? Do you eat beans with George Wendt?" Thus begins a survey that goes on to add a few more unique questions and combine them all in every conceivable way.
- Parodied in "Cookies for Einstein".Yakko: Don't worry, siblings. We'll sell that nice man a box of cookies, or die trying! Or try dying! Or do some tie-dying!
- In a clearly fabricated report on murder statistics for Moonbeam City, Detective Dazzle Novak describes how many people are stabbed, how many are shot, how many fall into a bucket of knives and guns that stab and shoot them, and how many are "shabbed" (stabbed with a knife shot out of a gun).
- Tiny Toon Adventures:
- This line from Buster in the short, "Buffed Bunny" (part of "The Buster Bunny Bunch"), when he pretends to fish:Buster: Whoa, it's a salmon! It's as big as a moose! Hey, maybe it's a salmon moose!
- In the episode, "Hare Raising Night", Buster tricks Babs, Plucky, and Hamton into saving captive animals from Dr. Gene Splicer by telling them they're going to the Emmy awards. Plucky continues to believe this for the rest of the episode, and wonders which award he'll get; comedy, drama, or a combination of the two, "dramedy".
- This line from Buster in the short, "Buffed Bunny" (part of "The Buster Bunny Bunch"), when he pretends to fish:
- Garfield and Friends:
- Garfield comes up with a Top Ten List of things he hates to find on the dinner table. Raisins are the Running Gag of the list, including serving as #3, #2 is Nermal, and #1 is "Nermal with raisins".
- In "Wade, You're Afraid", while thinking that the bull is loose, Wade says "Oh, terror! Oh, danger! Oh, terror and danger!"
- In "The Perils of Penelope", Garfield lists reasons why Penelope shouldn't date him: "I snore, I eat, I snore while I eat..."
- In "Yojumbo", a thug berates Jon Arbuckle as being a wimp, a shrimp and a wimp shrimp.
- In the pilot, Fry tells Bender that making one's own decisions is "what separates people and robots from animals... and animal robots."
- While trying to get dirt on another presidential candidate:Richard Nixon's Head: Is he a draft dodger? Sex offender? Sex dodger!?
- In "The Six Million Dollar Mon" when Scruffy describes his job:Scruffy: Toilets 'n boilers, boilers 'n toilets, plus that one boilin' toilet.
- "Free Will Hunting":Bender: Goodbye, sweet meatbags! ...Sweetbags!
- Family Guy: In the episode where Peter owes the Mafia a favor:Peter: What are you gonna make me do, whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? 'Cause I'm married.
- T.U.F.F. Puppy:
- Kitty tries to convince people not to eat the muffins the Big Bad has offered.Kitty: They could be poisoned! Or bombs! Or... Or poisonous bombs!
- In "Dog Daze", Keswick, who falls for the hypnotism e-mails that Dudley fell for, ends up playing them all at once:Keswick: I'm a pretty pirate princess who's late for the woodpecker ball, HA-GI-GI!
- Kitty tries to convince people not to eat the muffins the Big Bad has offered.
- Invader Zim:
- In the first episode GIR says he wants to disguise himself as a mongoose, but Zim opts to make him a dog. "Can I be a mongoose-dog?"
- This bit:Officer Squid: Please! I have a house, and children, and pets, and a toilet, and toilet children...
- When GIR is denied taquitos and a clown with no head, he asks for clown taquitos.
- Dave the Barbarian:
- What is it!? A monstrous ogre!? An ogreous monster!?
- "What is it? A spider? Is something burning? Is it on me? I don't see it! Is it invisible? Are invisible spiders crawling on me and burning!?"
- King of the Hill:
- When Dale tries to figure out the new persona Bill adopts for his job at a hair salon.Dale: Pirate! Waiter! Pirate waiter!
- Also from Dale:Dale: Objection! Conjecture! ... Objecture!
- When Dale tries to figure out the new persona Bill adopts for his job at a hair salon.
- Lilo & Stitch: The Series:Nani: I think I'm overdue for a raise, or a promotion, or maybe a raise and a promotion.
Nani: My blowdryer! My hair! My blowdryer and my hair!
- Milo Murphy's Law:
- In "The Doctor Zone Files", after the Murphy siblings have Zack and Melissa binge-watch all of The Doctor Zone Files, Melissa and Zack comment they're confused, but excited.Melissa: I'm...ex-fused.
Zack: And I'm... con-cited?
- In "Murphy's Lard", Dakota and Cavendish badger a pistachio cart vendor at Lard World if he's met all the safety standards, asking if it could withstand fire, or a pig attack, or a flaming pig. Three guesses as to how the cart is destroyed.
- In "The Doctor Zone Files", after the Murphy siblings have Zack and Melissa binge-watch all of The Doctor Zone Files, Melissa and Zack comment they're confused, but excited.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic loves using this trope:
- In the episode "A Bird in the Hoof", Twilight freaks out and wildly speculates about what could happen to Fluttershy if Princess Celestia finds out she took her royal pet. Apparentlynote she could be banished from Equestria, thrown into a dungeon, or banished, and then thrown into a dungeon inside the place she's been banished to.
- In "A Dog and Pony Show", Rarity objects to the Diamond Dogs addressing her as "pony" all the time:Rarity: I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such. So you may call me "Miss", or "Rarity", or "Miss Rarity".
- In "Party of One", when Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash engage in some Stereo Fibbing.Pinkie Pie: [referring to a made-up bear that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash have said that they're house sitting for] He's vacationing at the beach?
Rainbow Dash: Yep! He loves to...
Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy: Play beach volleyball!/Collect seashells! [beat]
Collect seashells/Play beach volleyball! [beat]
Play seashells!/Collect volleyballs!
- Applejack provides one in the season two premiere in her attempts to wrap her head around the fact that it's raining chocolate milk:Applejack: Rainbow Dash, what's going on with this rain? I mean, chocolate milk? I mean, chocolate milk rain?
- During the musical number in "May the Best Pet Win":Rainbow Dash: The bat would be awesome, but the wasp I'm digging too. Do you have something in a yellow-striped bat?
- In Hot Topic's "Hot Minute with Twilight Sparkle" promo video, Twilight's favorite subject is "Magic. And reading. And reading about magic."
- In "On Your Marks", the Cutie Mark Crusaders are making plans on what to do for the day, and consider square dancing (Sweetie Belle), mountain climbing (Scootaloo), and square dancing atop a mountain they'd climbed (Apple Bloom).
- In "Between Dark and Dawn", Princess Celestia describes her usual day as "meeting and decrees, and meetings about decrees, and decrees about the meetings".
- Histeria! Samuel Johnson is pitching his dictionary to a book publisher, who thinks a book full of words and their definitions would be incredibly boring. "People want swordfights! They want giants! They want horses! They want... giant horses having swordfights!"
- In an episode of Almost Naked Animals, Octo says that he's never seen hotel owner Howie check in a guest, clean the hotel, or clean a guest who was checking in.
- In the Looney Tunes short Transylvania 6-5000, when Bugs sees that Count Bloodcount turns into a bat when he hears the word "abracadabra" and back to a vampire when he hears or says "hocus pocus", he messes around by saying "abraca-pocus", giving the count a vampire body with a bat for a head. Then he says "hocus-cadabra", turning him into a vampire head with wings.
- In The Looney Tunes Show when Bugs finds his personal items destroyed.Bugs: AHH! My glamour shot! AHH! My tennis trophy! AHH! My glamour shot of my tennis trophy! NOOOO!
- Phineas and Ferb:
- Doofenshmirtz's invention of the week in "The Chronicles of Meap" was a static electricity generator that could steal balloons. His targets were children, clowns, and clown children.
- Another from Doof, regarding his solar-powered Evaporator-inator in "De Plane! De Plane!": "It's green and evil! I call it 'greevil'."
- Candace says there's been a lot of talk about diving, snakes, and diving with snakes.
- In "Excaliferb", Malifishmirtz says that he's not scared of anything except unicorns, whales, squids, and pegasi. Down comes the pegawhalesquidicorn girl.
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law:
- Phil has just been killed, and Harvey wants to avoid telling his daughter Judy. He looks out the window for an excuse and sees a billboard about taking a vacation. Which partially peels away to reveal one about going on honeymoon. So Harvey tells Judy her father is on a Vacaneymoon.
- In "Sebben & Sebben Employee Orientation", Sebben & Sebben affiliates make, among other things, "flavored breastmilk, LSD, breastmilk-flavored LSD [...] textiles, tiles, text."
- Phil becomes President of the United States with no memory how and launches a missile into space that will eventually crash back into the White House but can be stopped mid-flight. For whatever reason, he can't stop the missile himself and needs to be impeached so someone else can take office and stop it. Since he was also never officially inaugurated, he declares that he will have an "inaugurpeachment" to be inaugurated and impeached at the same time.
- In a first season episode of Code Lyoko, Jeremie is angry at Odd for dropping candy on his computer, until he finds out the candy has rebooted and somehow fixed the materialization program:Jeremie: Odd, you're a genius!
Odd: So what am I, a genius or a creep?
Jeremie: You're a creepy genius!
- From the Pound Puppies episode "Dog on a Wire":McLeish: I hate conventions, and I hate the circus, but most of all, I hate conventions where they take you to the circus.
- Happens twice in "When Wishes Come True":Lil: [about Angelica] She should turn into mashed peas!
Phil: Or bat drool!
Both: Or mashed peas and bat drool!
- And when the babies think twice about making a wish that may end up turning someone they know into a rock:Lil: Or eyeballs!
Phil: Or worm guts!
Both: Or eyeballs and worm guts!
- From "The Blizzard", when the babies take shelter in an igloo:Lil: I'm cold!
Chuckie: I'm hungry!
Phil: I'm cold and hungry, and I think I need a new diaper!
- In "The Box", when Phil and Lil find Stu's empty box, Phil wants to pretend the box is a house, while Lil wants to pretend the box is a cave. The twins argue with each other for a while, until they settle on pretending the box is a house and a cave.
- From "Club Fred", when the babies observe the "Kid Fred" club:Phil: This really is the bestest place in the whole wide world!
Lil: Betterer than a mud puddle!
Phil: Or under the couch!
Phil and Lil: Or a mud puddle under the couch!
- In "Party Animals", the babies are trying to sleep when the noise from the costume party downstairs wakes them up. When they hear Stu's Tarzan yell (as Stu himself is dressed as Tarzan), this exchange occurs:Phil: Maybe it's a elephant.
Chuckie: Maybe it's just the TV.
Lil: Maybe it's a elephant watching TV!
- Happens twice in "When Wishes Come True":
- SpongeBob SquarePants:
- As Squidward is justifying quitting his job...Squidward: I can be anything I set my mind to! I can be a football player! Or a king! Or a spaceman!
Spongebob: Or a football playing king in space! ...With a mustache!
- In "Bubble Buddy Returns", SpongeBob is looking for Shiny (Bubble Buddy's son) in Squidward's kitchen, all while trying to avoid objects that are sharp or pointed. Going through Squidward's kitchen cabinets, he sees one full of cactuses, followed by barbed wire, followed by cactuses that are protected with barbed wire.
- In "Tunnel of Glove", SpongeBob is trapped in a tunnel ride with Pearl. After the power goes out he lists scary things that could be found in the dark. Among the things are clowns, crawly things, and crawly clowns.
- As Squidward is justifying quitting his job...
- In a Sheep in the Big City commercial about a literal family restaurant:Waitress: You never call! You never write! You never call saying that you're gonna write about calling.
- Ron in Kim Possible: "This is beyond Sick and Wrong! It's wrong-sick!"
- American Dad!:
- Done indirectly in an episode where Stan is afraid that the terrorists are in league with another group, possibly the vampires or gays. He then tells Hayley to plug her butt with a clove of garlic.
- A visual version happens in another episode. Francine imagines an enraged Stan coming after her with a succession of deadly implements: first a chainsaw, then a leopard, then finally holding the leopard while it holds the chainsaw.
- In "Dungeons and Wagons", the gravestone for Steve's dead MMORPG character reads "Here lies Agathor — Warrior, Friend, Warrior-Friend"
- In "Cock of the Sleepwalk", Roger sees a dark stain on Stan's shirt and asks if it is poo. Stan notes that it's actually cake, and Roger then questions if it is poo-cake.
- Played for Laughs in "Love, American Dad Style". Roger wants to talk to Hayley about AIDS or a baseball thrown by Randy Johnson. Klaus suggests that they talk about an AIDS-ball thrown by Randy Johnson.
- In "Stanny Slickers 2: The Legend of Ollie's Gold," Stan goes on a hunt for the titular gold while Greg and Terry document his descent into madness. When Stan actually does find the gold, Terry says they're sure to win an Oscar if there's no documentary about penguins or genocide, to which Greg adds "or penguin genocide."
- Another visual example in "First, Do No Farm". Hayley takes pity on a rabbit that Stan wanted to kill and sees that one of its legs is broken, then she sees the potential threats to it: an owl, a hunter, two wolves, and an owl holding a rifle and riding a wolf.
- Johnny Test
- In "Johnny Test: Party Monster", when the girls' newest invention that previously made Johnny handsome backfires and leaves him disfigured and smelly, he worries that kids at school will call him Gross Boy, Stinky Boy, or Gross, Stinky Boy. Dukey doesn't help, pointing out that since he's also now bald, they might call him Bald, Stinky, Gross Boy.
- In "Return of Johnnymon" when Hugh gets trapped in Johnny's Tinymon game, he says "I blame Johnny! No, the sisters! No, Johnny and the sisters!"
- In Codename: Kids Next Door, Numbuh 2 accuses Tommy, his younger brother, of stealing candy and soda from his room and demands an explanation:Tommy: I was thirsty! No, no, I was hungry! No, no, I was thirsty! No, I was hungry!
Numbuh Two: I want the truth!
Tommy: I was hungry! (slap from Two) I was thirsty! (slap from Two) I was hungry AND thirsty!
- An episode of Johnny Bravo has him walking to the store repeating "loaf of bread, stick of butter, carton of milk...". Little Suzy tries to talk to Johnny, causing him to switch them up ("loaf of butter, stick of milk, carton of bread" etc.); eventually he declares that he's going to buy "a loaf of buttermilk."
- In the Dexter's Laboratory episode "D&DD":Dee Dee: So, you're walking through the forest...
Dexter: Dungeon! [the backdrop changes to a dungeon with gray stone walls and a chained-up skeleton]
Dee Dee: OK, dungeon-forest, whatever. [trees spontaneously appear in the dungeon]
- In an episode of Archer:Malory: You don't look like a whore. An idiot, maybe. Or both. Yes. A whorediot.
- In The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!, when the Avengers hold a pizza party to celebrate the induction of Carol Danvers:
- From Daria:
- On South Park, the boys are doing the school news and want to give it higher viewership. They realize they need to add lots of sex and lots of action, and wind up renaming it Sexy Action News.
- In Duck Dodgers, during a discussion of the title characters favorite activities:I.Q. High: Playing video games, eating onion rings, playing video games while eating onion rings...
- The Fairly OddParents:
- From "A Wish Too Far!", after Timmy wishes to look popular and a friend asks him where he got his clothes:Timmy: Internet? ...Inheritance? ...I inherited the Internet!
- From "Dog's Day Afternoon", when Vicky takes Doidle to get fixed:Vicky: [observing Dr. Snipowitz's devices] What's this thing?
Dr. Snipowitz: Well, we call that the Pushy Thingy, and this is the Pully-Lifty Thingy, and this is the Pushy-Pully-Lifty Thingy.
- From "Presto Change-O", when Francis comes across Mr. Crocker in Timmy's body;Francis: Turner, I remember a beating, and I remember you, but I don't remember beating you, so better safe than sorry.
- From "A Wish Too Far!", after Timmy wishes to look popular and a friend asks him where he got his clothes:
- Robot Chicken:
- In The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack holiday episode, during K'nuckles flashback of Low Tides Day, three kids receive a clock, a toy, and a toy clock.
- Megas XLR:
- In the episode "All I Wanted Was A Slushie":Coop: Nobody. No robot, no alien, no alien-robot does that to me and gets away with it.
- In "Bad Guy":Coop: Piece of cake. Ooh, I could go for some cake. Or some ice cream. Or some ice cream cake!
- In the episode "All I Wanted Was A Slushie":
- Inverted in Aqua Teen Hunger Force when Master Shake neglected to pay the bills and the house's water and cable were shut off:Shake: Look on the bright side. We've got electricity and we've got each other. (The lights go off) We've got each other...
- Dilbert: In one episode, Wally (after realising that engineers are actually in demand) negotiates for a well-paid job at a competing company. As part of his compensation package he asks for "a personal jet... And a llama... And a personal jet for my llama..."
- When his potential employers ask if Wally would consider sharing a jet with a llama, he gets offended. Negotiations finally break down when he realises he would be expected to do actual work in return.
- The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie had this line when Foxxy learned that they were no longer being censored:Foxxy: I said 'fuck!' And they didn't beep it! Fuck! Fuckfuckfuckfuck! (gasp) What about 'shit?' What about 'cunt?' What about 'shit-cunt?'
- In an episode of the Beetlejuice cartoon, BJ and Lydia must escape from the Vanishing Village of Brinkadoom by answering the Riddle of the Stinx: "What's black and white and red all over?" Beetlejuice and Lydia argue for a bit over whether the answer is supposed to be "a newspaper" or "an embarrassed zebra", and when the Stinx presses for them to settle on an answer, Beetlejuice blurts out "an embarrassed newspaper", which turns out to be correct.
- Bob's Burgers:
- From the episode "Lobsterfest", Gene goes over his sister Tina's list of people she wants to "repopulate the Earth" with.Gene: Gay... gay... mythical creature... gay mythical creature...
- In "Tina-Rannosaurus Wrecks", Tina is freaking out over lying to an insurance agent. "This is all wrong, I'm going to jail! Or hell! Or hell-jail!" (cue Imagine Spot about being in the lunch line at Hell Jail)Tina: What's for lunch?
Demon Lunch Lady: Your lies!!!
Tina: NOOOOOOOO! That's what we had yesterday.
- In "Paraders Of The Lost Float", Bob insists they get their parade float in front of Jimmy Pesto so they can get the cash prize for fifth place.
- In the episode "The Cook, the Steve, the Gayle and Her Lover", Louse, Gene and Tina are trying to figure out how to break up Mr. Fond and their Aunt Gayle.Louse: Should we tell Gayle that Mr. Frond's in the mafia, or that he's a witch?
Gene: Mafia witch!
- From the episode "Lobsterfest", Gene goes over his sister Tina's list of people she wants to "repopulate the Earth" with.
- In the Axe Cop episode "An American Story", the King of London England's execution methods include acid, sharks, and acid sharks.
- Home Movies: The kids are at a hotel on a school field trip, and use it for location shooting:Jason: [as hotel clerk] Are you here for business or pleasure?
Melissa: [as guest] Both!Jason: That would be bleasure. ...or plizness.
- In the Lalaloopsy episode "March of the April Fools", Bea's library has guides on how to pull taffy, how to pull teeth, and how to pull taffy off your teeth.
- Gravity Falls:
- For example:Grunkle Stan: I believe in things. America. Freedom. Amerifreedom.
- On a similar note:Mabel: Bill-Dipper! ...Bipper!
- For example:
- In the KaBlam! episode, "Art + Science = Fun", after seeing the first part of the "Danger Society" episode of Action League NOW!, Henry worries about the Action League losing to the Danger Society.Henry: They're dead meat! They're toast! They're dead meat on toast!
- While watching TV in one Clarence episode, Sumo lists the shows he'd rather be watching: Pawn Hoarders, Swamp Wives, Storage Hoarders, Angry Swamp Wives, Storage Swamp Hoarders...
- A three-way example on Squidbillies:
- On The Cleveland Show, Cleveland compares a shrimpy Christmas tree to "an Asian or a little boy or an Asian little boy."
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends:
Bloo: I don't even know you anymore.
- In "Mac Daddy", Mac and Bloo are making a soap box derby car and figuring out what to paint on it. Bloo suggests hot rod flames but Cheese, a bizarre friend Mac apparently created, suggests "Bunnies!" Bloo and Cheese argue over it, until it's revealed they ended up painting bunnies wreathed in hot rod flames.
Mac: Shut up. At least the bunnies are on fire.
- In "Hiccy Burp", Mac and Eduardo try many methods to get rid of Bloo's hiccups in time for the annual Foster's talent show. One of the ways they do it is by having Bloo drink water. They suggest that he take lots of small sips, lots of big sips, and lots of small big sips.
- The Monarch does this on one attack on Dr. Venture in The Venture Bros.Gary: She's coming in low and slow, it's classic Monarch 'look at my cool new thing' approach.
Sgt. Hatred: Should I ready the extinguishers?
Gary: Please! He only uses fire and lasers at night. I got my money on acid, or a magnet kind of thing.
The Monarch: READY THE ACID MAGNET!
- Dragons: Riders of Berk:
- In "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes", Hiccup asks what you need to trap a metal thief. Tuffnut's guesses include "A net?", "A rope?" and "A ropey net?"
- In "Heather Report", Snotlout tries to make everyone guess what he just found (it's Heather), but the twins have their own ideas.Tuffnut: A severed head?
Ruffnut: Our cousin Lars?
Tuffnut: Our cousin Lars's severed head?
Fishlegs: Lars died?
Tuffnut: Who said that?
- Doctor Wasabi does this while planning evil traps in an episode of Chop Socky Chooks, deliberating between a "shark pit...secret catapault...secret shark catapault..."
- Sofia the First:
- While brainstorming ideas for their "dream castle," Vivian suggests having mermaids in the moat, then hippos, then mermaid-hippos.
- "King For a Day" has a visual example: The royal scribes can't decide on a logo, and bring mock ups of their ideas: a dragon holding a pen and a dragon holding a scroll. Sofia tears both in half and puts them together to make two dragons holding a scroll and a pen.
- During a flashback in Through the Looking Back Glass, young Cordelia looks for a potion to make her dress glow, sparkle, or glow and sparkle.
- Used twice in "A Hero for the Hoodwinks." First, when Clover suggests he get a reward for helping the Hoodwinks, such as a pie, a parade, or a pie and a parade. Later, Buzzer tells the others that he makes prank potions, prank powders, prank-potion-y powders, and potion-y prank potions.
- Hey Arnold!:
- Arnold's grandpa, from "Helga's Locket": "A picture of Hedy Lamarr! No, a roast beef sandwich! No, a picture of Hedy Lamarr eating a roast beef sandwich!"
- The infamous bit in the go-kart race episode, when Arnold's friends can't agree on what to name their kart.Sid: [after giving into Eugene's demand to paint it purple] We're still calling it the Dark Avenger.
Eugene: But, Sid, look at it! It's the Mauve Storm.
Sid: The Dark Avenger.
Eugene: The Mauve Storm.
Sid: The Dark Avenger!
Stinky: I got it! How 'bout the Mauve Avenger...?
Arnold: (one flabbergasted pause later) Stinky, we are not calling our go-kart the Mauve Avenger. (Gilligan Cut) I cannot believe we called our go-kart the Mauve Avenger.
- In one episode Rhonda wants to do a fashion show for a group project, Nadine wants to do a presentation about bugs, and Arnold is stuck in the middle. In the end they put on a fashion show where Arnold, and for some reason Gerald, dress up as bugs.
- Camp Lakebottom: In "Clockwork Slime", McGee is looking for treasure and says they're going to find "Gold! Diamonds! Maybe even gold diamonds!"
- Arthur: In "I Owe You One", Buster says that he has lots of interests:Video games. Aliens. Video games about aliens.
- My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure:Starsong: I love to sing on stage!
Cheerilee: And I'd rather sing in the bathtub.
Pinkie Pie: But there's one thing that friends never, ever do, and that's—
Whimsy: Sing on stage in a bathtub?
- In one episode of The 7D, Grim and Grumpy are contestants on a game show, and have to answer what a goblin's favorite food is. They argue over whether the answer is fishsticks or goober peas, and Grim buzzes in with "Fish peas!" Hearing this is the wrong answer, he quickly adds "Goober sticks?"
- Steven Universe:
- When Steven and Connie fuse in "Alone Together", and Amethyst momentarily struggles with how to address them and makes up the Portmanteau their fusion would go by from then on.Amethyst: How's it feel, Steven? Connie? ... Stevonnie?
- In "Too Far", Peridot snarks about Pearl's habits, such as crying, singing, and crying while singing.
- When Steven and Connie fuse in "Alone Together", and Amethyst momentarily struggles with how to address them and makes up the Portmanteau their fusion would go by from then on.
- From the CGI reboot of Maya the Bee:Maya: You're not only going to be beautiful, you're going to be magnificent!
Willy: I would even say beautifully magnificent.
- Harvey Beaks:Dade: Those good-for-nothing twins have got to go! But how? Poison? Giant bees? More poison? Poison bees?
- Rocko's Modern Life:
- In "Keeping Up With the Bigheads", Heffer mixes what little paint Rocko has of each color in a stewpot to make a lot of one to paint his house. When Rocko looks in the stewpot, he says that the paint looks sort of brown or green. Heffer decides to call this new color "Breen".
- In the episode "Cabin Fever", Ed Bighead does some Impossible Shadow Puppets of a running deer and the Eiffel Tower, but no one else is able to guess them. One of Heffer's guesses before Ed gives up in frustration is "It's either a radiator, or a hose, or a piece of radiator hose."
- In Shanks' first appearance on Sealab 2021, he apparently accused another coach of raping his parents, killing his dog, and making his dog rape his parents.
- In the Mixels special "A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig", a bunch of Mixels find a capsule underground, and we are given this exchange:Slusho: What is it?
Chilbo: It's a rock!
Snax: It's an egg!
Dribbal: It's an eggrock!
- Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!: The episode "If You Can't Scooby-Doo the Time, Don't Scooby-Doo the Crime" had an inescapable prison called the Vault. It's guarded by sharks. And laser cannons. And sharks with laser cannons.
- Ultimate Spider-Man:
- When Spider-Man returns to his own dimension after chasing Goblin across the multiverse in "The Spider-Verse" four-parter, he sees Jameson ranting about him and expresses relief that he's not a funny animal, a woman, or a funny animal woman.
- In "Return to the Spider-Verse", Spider-Man ponders whether the universe he and Miles have gone to is a world of monsters, a world of clowns, or a world of monsters who are clowns.
- Wander over Yonder: The episode "The Catastrophe" when Sylvia is forced to insert a mass amount of coins into a cellphone vending machine that Wander got put in:Sylvia: Rassafrassin' thingamahoozit, rassafrassin' cat videos, rassafrassin' thingamahoozit with cat videos...
- Frequently used on Turbo F.A.S.T.:
- "Curse of the Cicadas":
- In "Taco Tank", when the tank is about to crash into the Brentwood Home for Unwanted Puppies and Lonely Grandmas, the F.A.S.T. crew see offscreen a puppy wandering in front of the tank, a grandma coming to pet the puppy, and a second grandma with a hat made of puppies coming to give a birthday cake to the first grandma.
- In "The Packet Racket", Captain Dirtbeard asks Turbo if he wants to be killed using a salt packet, a spork, or a salted spork.
- In "Smoovin' on Up", Kim-Ly tells two would-be customers that the only options for her nails are smiley face, cat, and smiley face cat.
- In "C.O.N.S.P.I.R.A.C.Y.", Mr. Tinfoil tells everyone present at the meeting to silence their phones, cameras, and camera phones.
- Shimmer and Shine:
- In "Game On", Shimmer wonders which prizes one can win at a pirate-themed arcade. Her guesses are: treasure chest, pirate ship, and a treasure chest in a pirate ship.
- In "Backyard Ballet", Zac compares ballet dancers to grasshoppers, basketball players and basketball-playing grasshoppers.
- On DuckTales (1987), after her grandmother is first hired to work for Scrooge McDuck, Webby initially calls him "Mr. Scrooge." When Scrooge first tells her to call him "Uncle Scrooge," she then says, "Mr. Uncle Scrooge."
- Happens indirectly on an episode of Kaeloo when Quack Quack (who can only say "Quack") goes up to Kaeloo, who is selling apples, and asks for yogurt.Quack Quack: Quack.
Kaeloo: I'm sorry, we only sell apples! We don't sell yogurt.
Quack Quack: Quack.
Kaeloo: No, not even apple-flavored yogurt.
- In the Hanazuki: Full of Treasures episode "Baby Chicken Plant", Hanazuki can't understand why everyone is so afraid of a baby, so Dazzlessence Jones and Sleepy Unicorn describe past baby chicken plants:Dazzlessence Jones: Sometimes they have claws! Sometimes they have fangs! Sometimes they have fangs for claws!
Sleepy Unicorn: And claws for fangs.
- In the second episode of Voltron: Legendary Defender, the following exchange occurs after Shiro asks Allura to give the pilots a break from their training:Keith: Yeah! We're not some prisoners for you to toy with like... like...
Lance: Like a bunch of toy prisoners!
Keith: Yes! Thank you, Lance!
- From the first episode of Welcome to the Wayne:Olly: This mission's gonna be fun. And dangerous. And fungerous, which I think they can treat with a powder.
- In one episode of Time Squad, an alarm goes off and Larry believes that the base is under attack by meteors, asteroids, or meteoroids.
- In the Sunny Day episode "Sunny and the Princess", a visiting princess complains about her royal duties, which include boring dinners, meeting stuffy people, and meeting stuffy people at boring dinners.
- The Day My Butt Went Psycho!: In "Wacky Wednesday", Deuce grabs one of Silas' artifacts. Zack tells him to put it down as he doesn't know what it is:Zack: It could be a meteorite from Uranus! Or a paperweight! Or a paperweight shaped like a meteorite... from Uranus!
- From the Sonic Boom episode, "Return to Beyond the Valley of the Cubots", when Sonic tries to guess what D-Fekt is saying;Sonic: It's a book! It's a movie! Oh, it's a movie based on a book!
- In Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot, when Wonderheart Bear interviews Grumpy Bear, he tells her that he likes being alone and building stuff. And building stuff when he's alone.
- Llama Llama:
- In one episode, Euclid Sheep is thinking about the kind of book he'd like to get.I think I'll get a book about counting numbers. Or pirates. Or... counting pirates?
- In "Band Together," when Llama learns that it's about to be his Grams's birthday, he suggests getting her a circus, then an airplane, then an airplane with a circus inside.
- In one episode, Euclid Sheep is thinking about the kind of book he'd like to get.
- In The Superhero Squad Show episode "Days, Nights, and Weekends of Future Past!", we have this exchange.Falcon: I thought the future was going to be about flying cars, not vacuum cleaners with death blades.
Magneto: You should see the flying cars with death blades.
- In an episode of Mysticons, Piper wishes on a star for a pegasus, flip-flops, and a pegasus wearing flip-flops.
- Happens in the Ready Jet Go! episode "Commander Cressida Begins" when Mindy is trying to pick where to explore in space next.Mindy: I guess, a planet. No, a moon. No, a planet with a moon?
- In the Origins Episode of Miraculous Ladybug, when Marinette first meets Tikki, she mistakes her for a bug, a mouse, and a bug-mouse. Likewise, in "Oblivio" a mindwiped Marinette sees Tikki and Plagg and calls them giant bugs, mice, and bug-mice.
- Somewhat of a reverse example from Dan Vs.: in one episode, his list of enemies includes "People who bring babies to the park," "babies in general," and "generals."
- Inverted in Moral Orel. With reverend Putty offering drinks to some prostitutes Orel sent him for saving.Putty: Can I offer you girls anything? Buttermilk? Tea? Milk?... Butter?
- In the Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-Lot episode "No Snow Day," the bears are trying to find something their human friend McKenna wants to do, suggesting a picnic, flowers, or belly ball. McKenna rejects them all, going so far as to say she doesn't even like "playing belly ball on a picnic with flowers."
- From the Star vs. the Forces of Evil episode "Ghost of Butterfly Castle":River: Also, according to the Maisley kids, Castle Butterfly is haunted! Eclipsa put a curse on it.
Moon: Well, which is it? Haunted or cursed?
River: I think it was cursed with a haunting. Oh, wait, no, it was haunted with a curse! Or maybe it's just a ghost who curses at you.
- In El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Frida asks Manny's mother for different books to see if the library actually has a book for everything. She asks for a book about churros, a book about exploding things, a book about guitars, and a book for eating churros while playing an exploding guitar (which of course, the library has.)
- In "Citizen Clams" from Shelldon, after receiving what seems to be bad news from Doctor Shell, Herman declares "Rats, curses, cursed rats cursing other rats!"
- In The Jellies episode "The Invasion", Cornell moves in with his real parents (actually aliens in disguise) and looks around their house for food. The only things he finds are hummus, vegan food, and vegan hummus.
- In The Loud House episode "Any Given Sundae", Lola and Lana fight over the TV remote when the former wants to watch a pageant show, and the latter wants to watch a show about penguins. Lily manages to snatch the remote from them and change the channel to Penguin Pageants.
- Esme & Roy:
- In "Dark and Stormy Knight," Esme offers to read Snugs a book to distract him from the storm outside. He likes books, so he agrees. She offers to read him a book about worms, a book about space, or a book about worms in space, before he finally agrees to read one called The Brave Knight.
- In the opening of "Picture Day Predicament," Esme has a present for Roy. Roy suggests that it might be a banana, or a shoe, or a banana shoe.
- In "The Case of the Missing Cuddles," Roy is having trouble finding his and Esme's pet Dumpling in hide-and-seek. He suggests that she might be on his back, his knee, or the back of his knee.
- In the opening of "Two Can Play at That Game," Roy couldn't decide on either spaghetti or a sandwich for a snack and therefore made himself a spaghetti sandwich. This sort of thing later turns out to be the solution to the episode problems - when Roy gets exhausted from run back and forth between Frank and Franny's games of ballet and pirate, it is combined into a ballet pirate game.
- In "Nancy's Fancy Heirloom" from Fancy Nancy, Nancy is on a car trip with her family to a surprise destination. After being told that they're not going to the opera or a ballet, she speculates that they may be going to an opera-ballet.
- From the Bob the Builder movie, "Mega Machines", when Scoop, Muck and Lofty first meet the titular vehicles:Muck: Are they aliens?
Lofty: No, bigger! Maybe dinosaurs!
Scoop: Whoa! Alien dinosaurs!
- From the Big City Greens episode, "Photo Op", when Bill tricks the family into getting their photo taken under the pretense of going to the food court:Cricket: I'm gonna eat french fries and pizza, then I'm gonna put the french fries on the pizza, then I'm gonna get a hot dog, and then I'll probably throw up.
- In the TaleSpin episode, "A Bad Reflection on You, Part One", Baloo makes the headlines for delivering eucalyptus leaves to a zoo to feed its starving koala. When Baloo sees his picture in the paper, this exchange occurs:Rebecca: It's a good picture.
Baloo: It's a stupid picture.
Rebecca: It's a good picture of you looking stupid.
- In "If You Give a Dog a Bath" from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Henry, Dog and Mouse want to play either Red Light, Green Light or Hide-and-Go-Seek and decide to play Red Light, Green Light Hide-and-Go-Seek, though once the seeker finds the first hider, it seems to basically just devolve into a game of chase with the rules of Red Light, Green Light in effect.
- Magical Girl Friendship Squad: In Episode 4:Daisy: I have never once seen Lulu laugh. Is she about to evict us? (gasp) Or kill us? (gasp) Or evict us and then kill us?!