Bound And Gagged /
Calvin and Hobbes
- In Aeon Natum Engel, the Nazzadi loyalist is disabled in the way that resembles the way how Section 9 restrain criminals, while giving a Shout-Out to I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.
- This happens several times in Code Prime:
- The first instance is in Chapter 2, when Lelouch first finds C.C., like in canon.
- In Chapter 19, Mao kidnaps Shirley and keeps her like this when he fails in manipulating her to kill Lelouch, instead choosing to use her as a hostage for leverage against Lelouch.
- When Cornelia is captured by the Autobots and Black Knights in Chapter 22, they bind and gag her with duct tape while also stuffing her in Bumblebee's trunk.
- Like in canon, Nunnally ends up in this state when Mao kidnaps her in Chapter 23.
- In Chapter 32, Euphemia is wrapped up in Airachnid's webs as part of the Decepticons' plan to use a Pretender in her image in order to spark a massacre at the Special Administrative Zone.
- Cornelia ends up in this state again in Chapter 33 when she's webbed up by Airachnid like Euphemia after being defeated and captured by Megatron.
- In The Institute Saga, Deadpool manages to (briefly) hijack an Author's Afternote before being restrained.
- Happens to the Kankers and then later to Jason, Marcus, and Charlie Brown in the Calvin at Camp episode "A Stalker's Life."
- In the Danny Phantom/Beetlejuice crossover fanfiction, Say It Thrice, this happens to Lydia when Melinda summoned and nearly exorcised Betelgeuse. It was intended to prevent her from interfering.
- For a Last Villain Stand in Children of Time, Professor Moriarty kidnaps Beth Lestrade and all too effectively breaks her before even chaining her up. When he gags her, he says outright that he does it because her tongue is a "powerful weapon".
- In the Fire Emblem/The Legend of Zelda crossover, A Ylissan Hylian Tale, Lucina is captured, bound and gagged by the Yiga Clan to trick Chrom into invading Hyrule.
- In Power Girl fanfic A Force of Four, Wonder Woman and her daughter Fury are captured and shackled when the group of villains raid Paradise Island.
- In Superman and Man, Lois Lane is captured, tied up and gagged by Lex Luthor to serve as bait for Superman.
- In The Unfantastic Adventures of Bizarro No. 1, set in a Cloudcuckoolander planet, every so often Bizarro Wonder Woman and Bizarro Supergirl try to ascertain how many people they can tie up with the former's Lasso of Science.
- In Shazam story Here There Be Monsters, After capturing Captain Marvel, Dr. Sivana gets him shackled.
Their attention was drawn to the red-and-yellow-clad man whose body was held pent in metallic bands that encircled his chest, arms, legs, waist, ankles, and neck.
Dragon Age: Inquisition
- In X-Men: The Early Years, every time Beast and Angel want to get Iceman out of the way, they pick Hank McCoy's special cold-proof rope.
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Doing It Right This Time: In the first draft, Rei covered Kaji's helping her get out by leaving him tied up in a closet to make it look like she'd broken out.