Karthik Calling Karthik is a thriller about Karthik, an Ineffectual Loner who finds himself stalked by a mysterious caller who claims also to be named Karthik. The stalker first gives him helpful advice which enables him to get ahead at work and woo the woman he has a crush on, but then turns on Karthik when he mentions the stalker to his psychiatrist. After Karthik's life falls apart and he attempts to hide from the stalker, the truth about the situation eventually comes out. The stalker is Karthik himself, more precisely a reappearance of an Imaginary Friend / Split Personality he had as a child. With the support of his love interest and his therapist, Karthik eventually turns his life around.
- Ineffectual Loner: Karthik
- Loners Are Freaks: the plot twist seems to run on this.
- Split Personality / Talking to Themself: Karthik
- Troubled Child: Karthik blames himself for a childhood accident that cost the life of his older brother Kumar. Or so he thinks.
- Voice with an Internet Connection: the stalker has elements of this.
- You Keep Using That Word: Karthik's therapist uses an out of date clinical term to describe his issues