Tales from the Gas Station is a horror-comedy blog detailing the adventures of Jack Townsend, the clerk (later night-time manager) of "The shitty gas station on the edge of town." Read it here, or listen to Mr. Creepypasta read it here. It also has a spinoff, Finding Vanessa, about a Private Eye searching for his neice.
This Horror-Comedy Blog contains examples of:
- Cult: The Mathmetists, who believe that mankind has the twofold responsibility of reducing suffering and increasing happiness. Sounds noble, right? Well, they're actually an Apocalypse Cult, because they feel that people have focused too hard on increasing happiness without doing enough to reduce suffering. They figure they can reduce ALL suffering to 0 by exterminating mankind wholesale. No people means no people who can suffer.
- Dark Is Not Evil: The Dark God, who looks like a humanoid tick, is implied to be responsible for the odd smell that permeates the station, and grows the creepy, ravenous hand-plants, is actually an OK guy as far as eldritch horrors go, and his big plan was to get Kieffer Sunderland elected mayor so he'll crack down on the local logging company.
- Eldritch Location: The town the gas station is built in is weird somehow, to the point that even a god doesn't know exactly what's wrong with it.
- Funny Animal: One Monster of the Week installment has a herd of anthropomorphic deer go by the gas station. The alpha even comes in to buy a bottle of water.
- Gas Station of Doom: Right there in the name.
- Good All Along: The Shapeshifter in the Christmas Episode isn't the horror, but trying to stop it. In-Universe, Ben was Sadly Mythtaken and thought the Shapeshifter was the demon it fights every 100 years.
- Hunter of Monsters: Ben.
- In-Series Nickname: Jerry was originally named after his preferred brand of cigarettes, Marlborough, until Jack learned his name.
- Made of Plasticine: Kieffer, who died like, 3 times in the first arc, once by being accidentally stabbed in the heart by a carelessly thrown shovel
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Is the Bathroom Cowboy a ghost, or just a weirdo?
- Men in Black: Jack is nearly on a first-name basis with his coverup agent.
- Mundane Fantastic: Feels like a combination of Not Always Right and John Dies at the End.
- Non-Indicative Name: The "mayflies" in the halloween episode swarm in October, and Jack suggests a few other, more accurate names for them.
- Puppeteer Parasite: The Mayfly Queen in Happy Halloween from the Gas Station. She resembles a six-inch long green centipede as big around as a golf ball with bulging green eyes.
- The Sociopath: Spencer Middleton, who enjoyed torturing small animals and nerdy kids as a schoolboy, burnt down his own house twice, and joined the army as a BlackOps Torture Technician. When he's (surprisingly, honourably) discharged, he starts working for an Eldritch Abomination and likes tormenting Jack.
- Throwing Your Gun at the Enemy: Jack has a tendency to throw his weapons rather than use them.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: In Upside Down, Jack and Jerry have a casual conversation while a crazy satanist is ranting about how he plans on sacrificing them to the devil.