- "Single-mindedly united as one under the Banner of Songun held aloft by the Dear Leader Comrade Generalissimo Kim Jong Il, brilliant statesman, political genius, and invincible military commander"
Songun Blog is a parody of North Korean propaganda, spanning a blog and a YouTube video channel. The writings and videos proclaim the greatness and glory of North Korea's dictator Kim Jong-il with a bizarre combination of Engrish and Purple Prose that must be seen to be believed.
The Youtube channel no longer exists, and the blog has not been updated in a while.
Songun Blog provides examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: It claims America is "filled with unemployment, foreclosures, crime, drugs, prostitution, murder and jaywalking."
- Black Comedy
- Engrish and Purple Prose, as mentioned above.
- Defictionalization: You too can experience great Juche idea.
- Government Conspiracy: Apparently, the US government is behind not only 9/11, but Hurricane Katrina as well.
- Orwellian Editor : On his-her-its YouTube channel, he-she-it has made it so any comments not fulsome and sycopanthic about anything in the DPRK are automatically deleted and has released a video on YouTube urging other pro-DPRK youtubers to do so... in the interests of free speech... Ummm... whatever?
- Propaganda Machine: what they consider all anti-DPRK material to be.
- Shout-Out: Songun is the name for the DPRK "military-first" policy.
- Stealth Parody: "This is too well done to be parody," as one reviewer puts it. Its parodic nature is proven pretty much conclusively by a blog post accusing an Israeli soldier of "slap[ping] a cat hard," and a video accusing an American soldier of "Stealing schoolgirls' ham sandwich for sale in 'Israel.'" Unfortunately, not everyone seems to have gotten the joke.
- Strawman Political: "the criminal Bush clique of nefariously noxious nazi neocon warmongering hawkish capitalists and their zionist puppet masters," and that's just the beginning...