The Mythpunk Fiction Blog is a blog containing, you guessed it, Mythpunk action-comedy stories combining alternate history and epics. Set in a world where historical figures regularly clash with dinosaurs, zombies, and alien gods with kung fu, the stories run off of Rule of Cool and sly historical and pop culture in-jokes.
Tropes Found in Mythpunk Include:
- Artistic License Paleontology: Carefully danced around. While velociraptors appear, it's never mentioned whether they're realistically tiny, or the large-sized, Jurassic Park-style velociraptors. And beside that, they were created through Mad Science.
- Deal with the Devil: George Washington made a pact with the gods of firearms to become impervious to bullets.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: Gods, zombies, vampires, Buddhas, Lovecraftian horrors, mad scientists, dinosaurs, and presidents.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Alexander Hamilton uses a katana forged by Adam Smith to defeat the god of economics.
- Martial Arts and Crafts: Alexander Hamilton is a master of kung fu economomics.
- Metaphysical Fuel: Washington powers Benjamin Franklin's superweapon with the crystallized soul of Benedict Arnold.
- Our Vampires Are Different: They're manifestations of the inherent suffering of all life. Or at least, Dracula is.
- Rule of Cool: The driving force of the stories.
- Science Is Bad: Benjamin Franklin is seen as a villainous figure because he's a scientist. On the other hand, Thomas Jefferson is a sorcerer and George Washington makes deals with various devils, and nothing is said of it.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Anyone Died is one of these, and a Victorian-era zombie apocalypse is a minor detail in Virtue and Vampyrism.