The blog explores the lives of Classical Mythology characters in modern day.
The Blog Provides Examples Of:
- Adaptational Heroism: Downplayed. The Greek Gods were originally portrayed as Jerkass Gods who did what they did For the Evulz but here most of their stories are redone in their own voice (not from the POV of the terrified mortals) and are given added context. Many are shown to have slightly more reasonable intentions for the things they did but there still are some cases of cruelty for cruelty's sake that are this trope played straight.
- Adaptation Expansion: The lives of the gods of Greek Myth are explored far more fully than they ever were in the Classical era with several stories going into the details and motivations behind many of the acts in Myth that had been treated casually as Jerkass Gods.
- Canon Foreigner: The character of Moxie is an original creation grandfathered in from the group's origins on Twitter and worked into the Greek Mythos by the writers.
- Cerebus Syndrome: The Titans Rising storyline shifted the direction of the site from a Culture Clash comedy to more serious, dramatic stories.
- Twice-Told Tale: The blog takes Greek Mythology and gets up close and personal with the gods as they speak for themselves and tell their tales their own way.