Horse Wife is a Tumblr-based My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Slice of Life comic blog about a pony named Brownie Bun who is married to a bald human named Richard. The comics deal with their life together as they deal with problems ranging from Brownie Bun's cooking problems to changeling infestations.
Horse Wife contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe: So far there exist two: One in which Brownie is the human and Richard the pony, and another where EVERYONE is incredibly muscular and obsessed with exercise.
- Close-Up on Head: Here.
- Fun T-Shirt: Richard wears a lot of these.
- Gold Digger: DiDi, the Diamond Dog, in search of her own husband.
- Happily Married: Richard and Brownie Bun are quite happy together.
- Hidden in Plain Sight: A changeling named Chips, who hides by putting an empty chip bag on her horn... And neither Richard or Brownie Bun notice her.
- Interspecies Romance: Between human Richard and Equestrian pony Brownie Bun.
- Also with the unnamed Dragon Wife and her pony husband, and whoever Griffon Wife's husband is.
- Lethal Chef: Poor Brownie Bun tries hard, but every attempt to cook results in something catching on fire, usually the stove.
- Poke the Poodle: How Equestrians in the Horse Wife universe engage in war. The example we see is a human asking a pony barista named Bathilda for a coffee with 2% milk. But instead of 2% milk, she uses... 18% cream!
- Pun: "I'll visit any doctor who can get me into STABLE condition."
- Running Gag: *horse noises* and permutations thereof.
- Tastes Like Purple: When Brownie tried human coffee for the first time.It's like someone squeezed their hatred of me into a styrofoam cup.
- This Means War!: Equestria in the Horse Wife universe is quite reactionary and war-prone (reasons behind wanting war include wearing hats, putting syrup on eggs, using too much ketchup on fries, not using enough ketchup on fries)... Fortunately they're also very BAD at it as everything they do in a "war" is extremely passive-aggressive, such as a pony giving someone 18% cream milk when they asked for 2%.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Peanut Butter for Brownie Bun.
- [Trope Name]: Richard's T-Shirt in this post: "Funny Horse Joke".