High Gloss Finish is a Character Blog for Knock Out of Transformers Prime. It's one of the most popular Prime roleplay/ask blogs on Tumblr, and possibly one of the most popular for the overall Transformers franchise, likely because of the blogger's extreme dedication - they average over ten posts a day and hardly ever break character. It shares a universe with some other character blogs, including several Original Characters (this is the official list, although it's missing the side blogs), but Knock Out's is the longest-running and best-known.
This universe provides examples of:
- Back from the Dead: Breakdown.
- Break the Haughty: Starscream, who's gone from Megatron's Air Commander to a defenseless spark who's incapable of fending for himself.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: Averted, which is notable for Tumblr roleplay blogs. It probably helps that the majority of the characters are either preteen children or in monogamous relationships.
- Everyone Is Bi: Apparently most Cybertronians are. Knock Out is an aversion, being gay.
- Happily Married: Knock Out and Breakdown. Xander and Iago. Ratchet and Optimus, up until Optimus died.
- Noodle Incident: Whatever Knock Out did on Velocitron. It involved one person dying, it was apparently horrifying, and that's all anyone's saying.
- One Steve Limit: There's two Ratchets. One is from the IDW universe, the other is native to the canon universe. Generally a reference to a generic "Ratchet" refers to the native one, though.
- Parents as People: Probably helps that one of the parents is a main character.
- Kid from the Future: Kid from an Alternate Universe: Impact, of Breakdown and Knock Out. Their initial reaction was flat-out disbelief, followed by trying to pawn her off on someone else, although they did get better.