An ongoing series about one mother's playthroughs of the various BioWare games. It started out when Reg, a typical gamer, found a recipe for "Sten's +100 Approval Chocolate Chip Cookies" and baked them for her mother. Reg's Mom was convinced that the recipe existed in Dragon Age: Origins, and started to play through it to prove her daughter wrong. (She also wanted to try romancing Sten.) Long story short, she was hooked on the game.
Reg has since convinced her mom to play Dragon Age: Origins Awakening and the Mass Effect trilogy. Mom's playstyle tends towards the violent and evil, with an exception for children and other moms. She also regularly tries to bribe the creators with cookies.
This series provides examples of:
- Always Chaotic Evil: How Mom views the Geth.
- Angrish: Often from Mom, particularly after a BioWare choice.
- Anti-Hero: At best. She takes almost every Renegade option, and always shoots first.
- Basement-Dweller: Reg at first; Mom over time.
- Beginner's Luck: Mom head-shotted two mobs for Reg in Reg's first play-through of Mass Effect as a favor.
- Big "WHAT?!":
- Mom and Reg regularly react this way towards the game and Mom, respectively.
- The fandom when Mom decided to hand Legion over to Cerberus.
- Gamer Chick: Reg's mom is getting there, and Reg is this herself.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: Mom and Garrus.
- Love Triangle: Zevran, Mom, and Alistair.
- Mama Bear: Mom, as seen in Mass Effect.
- Pet the Dog: Sparing the Rachni Queen. Her relationship to Grunt.
- Sadistic Choice: How mom perceived the Morrigan Demon God Baby business.
- Shoot the Dog: How mom perceives most choices. Fans may...disagree.
- These include killing Wynne for being mean to her.
- The Nicknamer: Reg's mom.
- She calls Garrus "Beans"; Saren is "Sour Beans"; Grunt is "bb kroger"; Zaeed is "Ziti", Samara is "sjw" (Sith Judge Wizard) and so on.
- The Broodmother from Dragon Age is "the boobsack".