Ask the Mane Six is an Ask a Pony Tumblr blog run by TV Tropes' very own Mousa The 14. It stars humanised versions of the 'mane' (main) cast of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, who answer the questions posted to them by followers and non-followers alike.
It has a very distinctive approach to its artwork, with the 'ponies' maintaining a very cartoonish style and demeanour somewhat similar to the show proper. The characters are often drawn in zany and energetic poses. The tumblr is also known for presenting the characters as a very varied group: Each pony has a unique body type, unlike the 'cut and paste' styles of some other humanised pony artworks.
This blog has examples of:
- Acrofatic: Despite being overweight, Pinkie is just as energetic as she is in the show.
- Amazonian Beauty: AJ has some serious muscle on her. When you spend most of your days punching trees to knock the apples out of them, this is kind of expected.
- Big Fun: Pinkie.
- Bollywood Nerd: Twilight Sparkle.
- Covert Pervert: Stalkerloo is deeply disturbed by Fluttershy's porn collection. "It's always the quiet ones, you know?"
- Seven Token Band: Not only are the the character different races but they're all different builds, too.
- Twilight is Indian
- Applejack is white, but very muscular and tan
- Rainbow Dash is black and bisexual
- Rarity is asian
- Fluttershy is white but very tall and thin
- Pinkie is chubby
- Spike is white, but short and chubby like Pinkie
- Motor Mouth: Pinkie.
- Noodle People: Fluttershy.
- Oh, Crap!: When Pinkie is warned about the Cake Twin's impending 'Terrible Twos' phase, she's...a little worried looking.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: While fighting with Spike over The Legend of Zelda;
- Twilight: NO! LINK IS MY WAIFU!
- Sassy Black Woman: Rainbow Dash.
- Spot of Tea: Despite the fact that none of them are British,note Twilight, Fluttershy and Rarity have one.
- Take That!: Averted. The author has some rather strong criticisms of certain characters, Rarity and Rainbow Dash in particular, but he doesn't let it show in his art.