The (somewhat flimsy) premise is that Voldemort's case worker in the Afterlife, Janus Thickey, thinks it would be good for him to be in regular contact with living Muggles. This is achieved through said muggles asking Voldemort questions through the blog, which are answered as short comics.
Compare Ask Ernst Stavro Blofeld, which has a similar premise of a cult Big Bad (in this case, Blofeld from the James Bond series) being forced to answer questions from their jail, and Ask Hogwarts, another Harry Potter blog that answers the questions as short humorous comics, this time to the staff of Hogwarts.
Beware, as the blog takes place in the present-day of the Harry Potter universe, spoilers for the entire series (including Harry Potter and the Cursed Child) can be found both in the comic and on this page.
Ask Lord Voldemort Features Examples Of:
- Brain Bleach: Voldemort's reaction to discovering slash fanfiction pairing him with Harry was to immediately Obliviate himself of it.
- Comedic Sociopath: Of course.
- Daddy's Little Villain: Voldemort and Delphini, as seen here.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Apparently, he still has a little bit of shame that prevented him from seeking out his mother in the afterlife, for fear that she would reject the monster he's become.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Voldemort has a fondness for his equally psychotic daughter Delphini, and Mr Thickey keeps him in line by threatening to take away from his time visiting Bellatrix and Nagini.
- Villains Out Shopping: He mentions he rather likes raspberry ice cream.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Since he's a deceased soul kept under tight watch by the Mind Healers of the Afterlife, there's really not much he can do other than yell threats at his computer screen whenever the questions annoy him.
- The Noseless: Like in the books, he only has two snakelike slits instead of a full nose. Interestingly, he's "in denial" about it.