Series One | Series Two | Christmas Special | Series Three | Series Four | Bandersnatch | Series Five
Just over a year after the first series aired, Black Mirror returned to Channel 4 in February of 2013, now more fully examining the fears of reliance on and interaction with modern technologies — in particular Twitter.
The Christmas special, Black Mirror: White Christmas, that aired in December 2014 is not attached to series 2, not to any series, of the show; Channel 4 list it as a single-episode series 3, though this is effectively RetConned out of existence by the series 3 later produced by Netflix (who do list it as part of series 2).
- Be Right Back (February 11th, 2013)
- White Bear (February 18th, 2013)
- The Waldo Moment (February 25th, 2013)
Tropes relating to Black Mirror Series Two
- New Media Are Evil: The theme becomes more distinct in this series.
- Thematic Series: "How dangerous is Twitter?" posed in three different ways:
- "Be Right Back": It is possible to use the personal nature of social media uploads to effectively recreate the humour and mind of a deceased person.
- "White Bear": It distracts you from having humanity for the sake of recording popular moments, ending up with a herd of sheeples terrorizing people.
- "The Waldo Moment": A political joke gains twitter notoriety that translates into real-world popularity, despite being the worst person for the job.