Series One | Series Two | White Christmas (2014) | Series Three | Series Four | Bandersnatch | Series Five
The first series of Black Mirror was well-anticipated in the UK, where it aired on Channel 4 in December of 2011. It fit the Mini Series programme typical to British shows of higher production value, but was also atypical in being a postmodernist drama, rather than a gritty realist drama. It was also timed well to target the Millennials of the UK maturing into watching more adult programming.
Channel 4 was one of the first television channels to introduce an online repeat catch-up service, and so it is suggested that many more people watched the series using this method.
- The National Anthem (December 4th, 2011)
- Fifteen Million Merits (December 11th, 2011)
- The Entire History of You (December 18th, 2011)
Tropes relating to Black Mirror Series One:
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first two episodes, "The National Anthem" and "Fifteen Million Merits", do incorporate technology to some extent but are still more focussed on blaming Humans Are Bastards, both for the Crapsack World and for the ills of technology.
- Wacky Americans Have Wacky Names: Inverted in that all the character names are pretty normal for the UK, but, when exported, Americans had some trouble with some like "Susannah" and especially "Ffion".