- Among fans of the Minnesota Vikings, KFAN radio announcer Paul Allen's painful cry of "NOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOO!" as Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Nate Poole caught a pass from Josh McCown to knock the Vikings out of the playoffs, will forever live in infamy. Along with many, many other disappointing moments in the history of the franchise. Making it even worse, the Cardinals were 3 and 12 before that game, and the Vikings started the year with a 6-0 record on the way to a 3-7 finish the rest of the way. Nowadays, all you need to do to relive Allen's Big "NO!" is listen to KFAN for long enough; they have it on their soundboard and use it on a semi-regular basis.
- Game 5 of the 2010 NBA Western Conference Finals. Series tied 2-2. Lakers up by 3 over the Suns with a minute to go. Every possession at this point is crucial. After a missed shot, Pau Gasol grabs the rebound from four Phoenix Suns players and manages to throw the ball out to a wide open Ron Artest. Instead of using up some clock, Ron chocks up and fires off a three-pointer that clangs off the rim. Not only was the crowd at Staples Center audibly crying out "NOOOOOOOO", so were the radio announcers.
- The late Chicago Cubs radio commentator Ron Santo was known for unleashing these when, as was often the case, things went badly for the team. Perhaps the most famous example of this took place during a 1998 game against the Milwaukee Brewers in the thick of the late-September pennant race, when Cubs left fielder Brant Brown caught and then dropped a fly ball on what would have been the final out of the game, allowing the Brewers to score three runs and win 8-7. Santo's agonized "OH NOOOOOOOO!" can be heard here.
- The ending of the 2003 River City Relay. The 7-7 New Orleans Saints need a win to stay alive for a playoff berth, but find themselves down 20-13 to the Jacksonville Jaguars with seven seconds left in the 4th quarter and on their own 25-yard line. They make a ridiculous series of laterals and score a 75-yard touchdown to make the score 20-19 with no time left and only needing the extra point to force overtime. Then Saints kicker John Carney misses it wide right.note What follows is from Saints radio announcers Jim Henderson and Hokie Gajan:Henderson: And the extra point by John Carney... And he missed it!Gajan: NOOOOOOOO!!!Henderson: He missed the extra point wide right! Oh my God, how could he do that?!!
- In the final minutes of Super Bowl XLIX, the Seattle Seahawks were down by 4 but in excellent position to score a game-winning touchdown...until a would-be touchdown pass was intercepted at the goal line by New England Patriots defensive back Malcolm Butler, prompting a yell of "Oh NOOOOO!" from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll.
- Downplayed by Formula One then-rookie Max Verstappen in this little radio gem with his Toro Rosso engineer Xevi Pujolar during the 2015 Singapore Grand Prix, when the team were opting to let teammate Carlos Sainz Jr. pass the Dutchman.Pujolar: Okay, we need to swap positions...Verstappen: NO!Pujolar: Max, just do it.
Big No / Sports