- A tongue-in-cheek instance was used in commercials for the "Geek Squad" technical support service broadcast in late 2004.
- This Snickers commercial had an interesting subversion: A Viking, after learning a store had no Snickers, initially does a Big No straight and while doing so, throws a garbage can at a car to get his point across. After learning that they had dark chocolate Snickers, however, he does the exact same thing as before... except with a "Big Yaaaaaaaay"!
- A GEICO caveman commercial has one of the cavemen giving a silent Big No after seeing the motto "so easy a caveman can do it" on a wall of televisions, shouting up at the sky as he finds Redemption in the Rain and then running through a flock of Disturbed Doves, while 3 Doors Down's "Let Me Be Myself" plays. This was all re-edited from the song's actual music video, which used the Geico caveman, but the commercial's condensed version Crosses the Line Twice into hilarity.
- There is a literal Big No for the Stop Sex Trafficking logo as seen on the side of this bag: http://www.thebodyshop.ca/newbagforlife.html
- Parodied in an advertisement for the Samsung Epic 4G. An officer of a civil-war army receives a letter, and utters a Big No upon reading it. The parody is that the note is then shown to actually say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" for an entire page.
- In the 1995 Cap'n Crunch Berries commercial, a teenager does one when he is told that the store is out of Crunch Berries.
- A fat man inside a teenager's stomach screams "NOOOOOOOO! NOOOOO!" when his fridge is empty in the 1997 Taco Bell commercial.
- JCPenney's newest advertisement which can be seen here on YouTube shows numerous shoppers yelling "NOOOOOOOO!!!!" upon seeing sale prices in other stores; the advertisements announce JCPenney's discontinuation of accepting coupons after February 1, 2012.
- This advertisement of Mighty Bond has a moment when the boy's collections were all glued at the ceiling.
- A commercial for Subway's breakfast offerings has a fast food restaurant manager doing this when looking up at the sky as a big banner-like announcement pronouncing Subway's 200-calorie breakfasts is shown. As a contrast, everyone else in the commercial says, "Yes!"
- An extended version of an M&M's commercial where Red sings "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" has Red do a cut-off one.
- In this Trebor advert, the Extra Strong Mint loving father (whose head is shaped like a giant Extra Strong Mint) smashes the glass in his hand when his (perfectly normal human) son states that there's maybe other mints that are "chewy". He then lets this out when the son confesses his love for Softmints.
- "Four out of five dentists surveyed recommend Trident for their patients who chew gum," one commercial says. The voiceover continues, "But what about the fifth dentist?", showing five dentists being asked about the recommendation. Four of them say yes, as a squirrel runs under the table and up the fifth dentist's pants leg. Suddenly, there's an audible *CHOMP*, and the fifth dentist lets out a Big No.
- Happens at the beginning of the "Don't Rage Quit" ad by OMEN by HP.
- A commercial for Kelloggs Sugar Pops shows a balcony with the clearly expensive apartment's expansive view of the city of San Francisco in the distance. A box of Sugar Pops is sitting on the rail, when one of the residents apparently accidentally knocks the box of cereal over. The other resident screams out a "NOOOO!" which is emphasized by slowing his voice and movements into slow motion, in an attempt to rescue the cereal box before going over the edge of what we're led to believe is a cliff. The other resident moves to reach down, and we see the railing is only three feet above a floor, where the box lands. He picks it up, saying, "it wasn't even open."
- This commercial for Planters, released during Super Bowl LIV has Matt Walsh and Wesley Snipes let out a Big No when the company's mascot, Mr. Peanut lets go off the branch just to save them.
- Bounty paper towel commercials, two from 2020, have someone spilling something across a table and others reacting with a "NOOOO!!" in exaggerated slow motion.
Big No / Advertising