- Clarence: In both ways, fans either think that He's an adorable and funny Cloudcuckoolander while detractors find his actions not funny at all and grew tired of his over-exaggerated Karma Houdini status as whenever he gets involve into trouble, he'll often tend to get away scot-free without facing any consequences or sort of punishment, regardless if he's is or is not aware of his surroundings, it's to the point that some wished that something bad happens to Clarence, that to the point that he should suffer badly, just to get even with his actions, while some wished that he wasn't mandatorily crammed in every episode (especially when having episodes involving with other characters.) But On the other hand, he often gets a lot of flak than the rest of the characters in the show, mainly due to his characterization that many may find it unappealing as he became the subject of being flanderized as a mindless troublemaker who sometimes puts others in harm's way. The episode "Dare Day" is a close example to this, where he and Sumo almost killed each other over a bunch of dares.
- Fans love Jeff for being an adorkable, cute character with common sense and humor to boot. Others hate him due to his (often over dramatic and frankly uncalled for) freakouts and both his creepy opinions of girls and his view in his social ranking, especially when he trying to be so-called over-the-top, has thrown him into the Scrappy heap for many people since the earlier episodes. Average Jeff only example that it pushed him even further into Scrappy territory, from that point on, it seem to be the fact that he became the subject of Flanderization, to where its his only sole purpose of him, trying to be better than his two friends in terms of intelligence and being selfishly self-motivated.
- Sumo: has fans to where they considered him as the Only Sane Man, who is at least more favorable than his two friends, to where Clarence becomes excessively stupid and Jeff, was being no more than a self-centered, egotistic asshole, to where they seem to get the understanding because of his living standards of what he goes through, especially when trying to get some attention whereas theres a an awfully a lot of siblings, while some find him near-unappealing and sometimes can be turned off by his rather raspy voicing, or became the subject of troublemaking, especially he adheres with Clarence.
- Belson: Has fans that find him funny for being the Comically Serious and believe that he is a harmless Jerkass Woobie and Butt-Monkey. His detractors hate him for being an over-exaggerated rich Spoiled Brat asshole and added with Faux Affably Evil who deserves his Butt-Monkey status and those who see him as the Clarence version of Eric Cartman but not funny or favorable at all.
- While for Joshua, who as fans more than detractors, that he may be not as bad or good, but had to fell bad on his life, as the series had gave his Butt-Monkey statusnote , which it went from slight Laser-Guided Karma early on straight into Cosmic Plaything and Kafka Komedy territory, with nearly every entity the series seemingly out to kill him especially when dealing with random bad luck on his job postition as well as with Sumo and Clarence, who gave him hell and the sole reason of his misery, with him suffering a major bodily injury at least every other episode.
Base Breaking Character / Clarence