- Most, if not all, wrestlers' theme songs will have these. That's kind of the whole point of having theme music for the wrestlers to come out to.
- Triple H's theme:I am the game, you don't wanna play meI am control, no way you can change meI am heavy debt, no way you can pay meI am the pain, and I know you can't take meLook over your shoulder, ready to runLike a good little bitch, from a smoking gunI am the game, and I make the rulesSo move on out, and you can die like a foolTry and figure out what the move's gonna beCome on over sucker, why don't you ask me?Don't you forget there's a price you can payBecause I am the Game, and I want to play
- Randy Orton's theme:I have a voice that is my saviorHates to love and loves to hateI have the voice that has the knowledgeAnd the power to rule your fateI hear voices in my headThey council meThey understandThey talk to me, they talk to meThey tell me things that i will doThey how me things I'll do to youThey talk to me, they talk to me
- Ted DiBiase's ThemeEverybody's Got a PriceEverybody's Gotta payBut The Million Dollar ManALWAYS Gets His Way! (Evil Laugh)Some Men Cost A LittleSome Might Cost A LotBut I'm The Million Dollar ManAnd You WILL BE BOUGHT! (Evil Laugh)
- Asuka's theme:From far and wide and lightyears awayCast from the shadows that light my wayFallen idols scream yesterdayYour kings and your queens hit the ground like rainFrom far and wide and lightyears awayThe one force of nature they call by nameI come from tomorrow to take back todayI am the future!
- The Miz's theme has a few:Run away if you see meDon't even say my nameDon't think that you can know meDon't try to play that gameEach day that I get betterI watch as you get worseMy script is to the letterAnd I'll write your final verseI go inside this lightI see new life unfoldEach second I burn brighterYour fire is going coldYou could try to beg for mercyGo ahead and try to runNo escape and no redemptionUnderstand the end's begun
- And of course Mark Henry, courtesy of Three Six Mafia:How could I be scared of a man?I walk through this land like I run this, manNever can you imagine the pain that I bringIf I say it, I'ma do it, in the streets or the ringIt's the K-I-N-G in hereWildest man in the world and I have no fearI'm the mean in the mean, the nightmare dreamThe root of all evil, the weak fear me
"If I charge for air, you keep your bill paid!""You think it's that easy? I got a lot left in the tank!"
- He's pretty fond of these in the ring, too
- "God made The Devil just for fun. But when He wanted the real thing, He made... Aja Kong!"
- "Exotic" Adrian Street had his own take on the badass boastI can tear a telephone directory in twoBending iron bars is something else that I can doI always pick my teeth with the nearest billiard cueSo imagine what I could do to you
- Wrestling promos also often fall under this trope, like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's "Austin 3:16" promo that is often credited (along with DeGeneration X) with ushering in WWE's Attitude Era."You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your Psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!"
"On the eighth day, God created Stone Cold and I'm rewriting the book! I will continue to whip every one's ass until someone's got the guts, the talent, or a machine gun to stop me!"
- Not only that, but just one month after his victory at the 1996 King of the Ring, he provided this gem of a line in another promo:
- The Undertaker's speech when the Ministry of Darkness sacrificed Dennis Knight on the January 11, 1999 Raw:"For I am the Reaper of Men, the Chaser of Souls, the Weaver of Nightmares. I am the heart of darkness."
- Another Undertaker example: "I built the Devil's house brick by fiery brick, and when I come calling, he still answers me with 'Sir'."note
- Pain And Destruction
- CM Punk's now-legendary Worked Shoot just before he threatened to take his championship and leave WWE after beating John Cena has this:Punk: ...day in and day out, for almost six years, I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the beston this microphone! In the ring! Even on commentary! NOBODY CAN TOUCH ME!
Punk: Come Royal Rumble, understand, when you step in the ring, your arms are just too short to box with God.
- And again, in a promo against The Rock
- Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose speaks Badass Boast fluently."A lot of people have lost a lot of money betting against me."
- Raven's best boasts combine with his nihilist outlook to verge on the nightmareish."I am the living, breathing enbodiment of the Khmer Rouge. I am the most unforgiving person on the planet. I am a human cancer. I am a killer, warrior, and slaughterer of so many souls, that even God, Allah, and Buddha, working overtime, are having a hard time keeping score."
- "To beat me, you have to be better than perfect!"
- The Oddities' theme by Insane Clown Posse:"I'm a sideshow looney, watch me get nuts.
I do backflips out in fronta mad trucks
In high school the kids always gave us props
Cause I was 9 feet tall, and my boy's a Cyclops
I can swim shark-filled waters
Yeah, well I can chew nails and spit out quarters"
"We's a little bit twisted I'll gladly admit it
- The third verse adds:
I can unscrew my head off and shoot hoops with it"
- The Wyatt Family loves this. Few examples.Bray Wyatt: "People buy and sell fear. They worship war, they crave war. But I'm not afraid of their wars, I CREATED WAR!"Bray Wyatt: "I am the color red in a world of black and white!"Luke Harper: "Send us someone. Just don't send anyone you want back."Bray Wyatt: "If you look up at me, you will see a friend. If you look down at me, you will see an enemy, but if you look me in the eye, you will see a god."Bray Wyatt: "Foolish child, I am the eater of worlds!"Luke Harper: "You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on."Erick Rowan: Run.
- JBL is who he says he is:"WRESTLING...""GOD"
- Ryback said before his match with Bray Wyatt at Payback 2015, "Today, the Eater of Worlds gets eaten."
- Scott Steiner, during his TNA run, and a longwinded, high volume, awesome, bugshit insane boast that explained how he had a 141 and 2/3rds percent chance of beating Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle in a three way match at the upcoming PPV. The promo can be heard here.
- In a promo for a match against The London Riots in Progress Wrestling, Tommy End of The Sumerian Death Squad said "I am The Devil and I've brought hell with me" whilst pointing towards his tag partner Michael Dante.
- The Shield had some in their day. It started with Dean Ambrose, before their in-ring debut:Dean Ambrose: At the TLC pay-per-view, bring ladders! Bring tables! Bring chairs! The Shield brings the sword.
- The following year:
Roman Reigns: ...If you ever touch me again, I'm gonna break your old ass in half.
- And against Roddy Piper:
- Naomi responded to Alexa Bliss pretending she didn't know who she was with..."Who am I? I'll show you exactly who I am. Why don't you come step through those ropes? Girl, I will snatch that blonde hair BALD!"
- Double subverted with Debbie Keitel's debut promo. She says "honestly, I'm nobody" but then reaffirms that she's someone who has worked really hard.
Badass Boast / Professional Wrestling