- A Crown of Stars: Asuka hears from Ching that the Avalon Empire makes known where its main fleet is located, even giving out coordinates and portal generator plans. Why? Because whoever wants to pick a fight with them -and is stupid enough to follow their directions with no question- is welcome to:Ching:"Sure do. If someones mad enough to want to take a swing at us, we make it easy. Youd be surprised how few are smart enough to question their good fortune that some third party always pops up to give them the information. Then they spend incredible amounts of resources to get here, and never have much time to wonder why we give them coordinates that walk them right into our strongest defenses and a major fleet presence. It makes our enemies waste their energy, brings them within easy reach of tons of our weapons, and gives the Imperial Navy units stationed here some nice, reliably appearing live-fire exercises to play with. The mice never question why the cheese is sitting there, do they? Snap!"
- Advice and Trust:
- Asuka gives one about herself and Shinji in chapter 3:Asuka:"Don't. Being the second greatest Eva Pilot in the world isn't exactly making you one of the unwashed masses, Shinji, especially when I'm the top mark. You brought your score up six points in a week, and almost matched me. And who beat Sachiel with no training? Who beat Shamshel despite two Stooges in the Entry Plug with him weighing him down? Who was right there with me against Gaghiel and Israfel? Hm?"
Asuka:"Damn straight. So straighten up and be proud of it, Shinji. You're more than good enough to fight with me. We're elite Eva Pilots, one in a billion. Don't you ever stop chasing me, either. You and me are the most dangerous people on the planet. There's no one else I'd trust to have next to me in a fight like you."
- Shinji also gives one when he's placed under arrest for fighting Arael against his father's orders.Shinji: You think you've got enough men to take me? My fellow Pilots and I kill gods, Lieutenant. I've saved the world half a dozen times already. Let's get this over with.
- Asuka gives one about herself and Shinji in chapter 3:
- Dungeon Keeper Ami has a vast array of examples. One of them delivered by Keeper Sailor Mercury herself, while trying to intimidate her troops into not attacking innocents in her recently conquered city.
- Ami: Strange, I dont remember seeing you here while I conquered this city. Ill keep this very simple. I conquered the city. I claimed it. It is mine. You dont get to steal my things; you dont get to destroy my things.
- Pyrrha gets a pretty good when in Ruby and Nora. After the Big Bad of Weiss and Pyrrha mockingly calls her the Invincible girl, Pyrrha, after turning the tables only a few seconds later, mockingly reminds them of what they called her when she was at their mercy.
- Beast Boy and Raven each give one at the start of Justice Returns:Beast Boy: (to Kalibak) You see, Im a shapeshifter. I can transform into any animal, from both zoos and fairy tales, and from any planet. So, youre not just up against one enemy you're up against BILLIONS!!! And you have no idea which one is gonna come next!Raven: (to Darkseid) You call yourself a god? My father was a real god. Conquered his universe, then my mothers, and then tried this one. He could destroy an entire planet just by setting foot on it. But thanks to my friends, I got over my fear of him, and destroyed him. And that was BEFORE I became this! You want fear? You want power? Ill give you both.
- In the Jackie Chan Adventures and Teen Titans crossover fic A Shadow of the Titans, Jade has one after the mess caused by the Master of Games, when she says she'll find her way home before the Queen overtakes her mind."It won't be easy, but I'm Jade Chan. I do the impossible and make it look easy!"
He was dangerous, but as the other wing formed around her arm and she rose higher into the air along with her hair pointing to the ceiling, she was not afraid. She was the shadows. She was power that transcended light and darkness, belonging to both and also to itself. The dawn was breaking; she could feel the sun break the darkness, letting shadows reign. He was a man with a knife, and she was ascendant.And he had wronged her. He would pay.
- Jade again, in her mental narration while undergoing an Emergency Transformation after the Joker tortures her:
- In Supergirl fanfic Hellsister Trilogy, Legion villain Mordru delivers a lot of these. No villain, no matter how powerful, tries to challenge them.Mordru: Show me what you can do.
Satan Girl: And if I do, what then?
Mordru: I could destroy you with greater ease than you could imagine. But you may be of use to me.
- Scar's Samsara: Rafiki delivers one of these.Rafiki: "A pawn, am I? You are correct. I am a pawn of the gods! I am the whisper of their wind; I am the thunder to their lightning; I am the flickering of their flames and you, my friend, you are ash!
- Lovehammer: In this Warhammer 40,000 / Sailor Moon crossover, this is like Captain Neodalis of the Saturn Royal Guard exhorts his troops in chapter 6:"Men! We stand before the Enemy of the Imperium. Before the Enemy of Him and His Daughter. We will not falter. We will not fall back. We will not fail. We will bathe them in the Holy Fires of His Wrath. We will spear them with the Light of His Wisdom. We will annihilate them with the Power of His Might. Jupiter be with us! We are the Thunder! We are the Lightning! We are Hades!" Captain Neodalis called out, his powerful voice carrying loud and clear along the pass.
- In the related Lovehammer Inc, Princess Serenity has this to say when demons try to devour the soul of one of her knights. "You don't get to take my knights, daemons. Not now, not ever."
- Tiberium Wars: An eloquent summation of Tank Goodness:"Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "fuck you."-Anonymous Mammoth Tank crewman
- Nobody Dies has put his own spin on this one.
- During one battle, Mana has this to say:Mana: "It's like a religious experience. Wanna know my prayer? Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil! For I am driving 35,000 tons of F_ YOU."
- The Angels introduce themselves in this way as well. With all of his stories together, the author's got almost all of them:ADAM/The First: I AM THE ALPHA. I AM THE OMEGA. I AM THE ORIGIN AND THE DESTINATION. AND I HAVE BECOME AWARE ONCE MORE. YOU ARE, ALL OF YOU, GARBAGE. I am he who is named "I am." My feet shall walk the breadth of the Base Earth once more. My mission shall not end with death. I shall seed the ground with new truth. And that which has come before and from Me shall bow in worship. I am the Alpha. I am the original. I am the Creation of God. I am the first of the Messengers and I am coming for the one who is my Opposite. I am ADAM. I AM COMING.Lilith/The Second/Pending: I am she who is named "I think." My feet shall walk the width of the Blessed Earth once more. My Mission is your salvation through creation. Ascending, my children shall rally against the Enemy. They shall rise up. And the Enemy shall fall. I am opposite to he who is named "I am." I am his Equal. I am the Creator of Man. I am the True Ancestor. I am Lilith. I...RISE.Sachiel/The Third: I am. Through License of he who is called 'I AM' I have come. Though my feet must stomp upon the Base Earth for this blessed quest, I have come. I am the first of the many. I am the Harbringer of your destruction. I am the Covering of God. Angel of Water. I am Sachiel. I have come.Ramiel/The Fifth: I AM. THROUGH LICENSE OF HE WHO IS CALLED "I AM" I HAVE COME. THOUGH MY FEET SHALL NEVER TOUCH THE BASE EARTH ON THIS BLESSED QUEST, I HAVE COME. MOUNTAINS SHALL SHATTER IN MY PASSING. MY SONG IS THE CALL OF THE END OF DAYS. IN MY PASSING SHALL THE DEMON CHILDE OF LILITH BE EXCISED FROM THIS WORLD. I AM THE THUNDER OF GOD. ANGEL OF LIGHTNING. I AM RAMIEL. I HAVE COME.Ramiel II/Legion: I have come. And this body shall be my church! These sheep shall be my congregation! By license of he who is called ?I am? I have come. Though I have already touched the base Earth on this blessed quest, I have come. I am Legion. I am numerous. When I strike down your army, it is with SIX THOUSAND FISTS! When I stare my hatred into the depths of your soul, it is with SIX THOUSAND EYES! There has never been before one like me! There shall not be again. I am the Lightning of God! I am Ramiel. And I have returned.Gaghiel/The Sixth: I am. Through license of He who is called "I Am" I have come. Though my feet shall never touch the base Earth on this blessed quest, I have come. In my wake, I leave a Dead Sea. Before me, lies completion. I am the Roaring Beast of God. Angel of the Creatures of the Sea. I am Gaghiel. I have come.Sandalphon/The Eighth: I am. Through license of He who is called 'I am' I have come. Though I must drag my feet along the Base Earth on this most holy quest, I have come. I shall merge with the enemy of Father, becoming a being of perfection and peace. Through my Song, shall the hopes and dreams of the filthy Lilim be fulfilled in peaceful non-existence. Let My words be the seeds of your ending bliss, growing within your souls. I am the Master of the Heavenly Song of God. Angel of the Unborn. I am Sandalphon. I am here.Matariel/The Ninth: I am. Through license of He who is named 'I Am' I have come. Though I shall never touch the base Earth, I have come. The tears I shall shed for Father shall burn the Lilim to bones and slime. The sky itself I shall turn against them. I am the Premonition of God. Angel of Rain. I am Matariel. I have come.Sahaquiel/The Tenth: I AM. THROUGH LICENSE OF HE WHO IS CALLED "I AM" I HAVE COME. THOUGH I SHALL ONLY ONCE TOUCH THE BASE EARTH ON THIS BLESSED QUEST, I HAVE COME. MY FORM SHALL BE VAST AND NUMEROUS. NEW TRUTH SHALL BE FORGED WITHIN MY PASSING. AND THE NUMEROUS FORMS THROUGH WHICH I SHALL SCOUR THE LILIM OF THE EARTH SHALL BE WRIT DOWN IN THE WAY OF PRAYER AND LEGEND. I AM THE INGENUITY OF GOD. ANGEL OF THE SKIES. I AM SAHAQUIEL. I AM COMING.Iruel/The Eleventh: Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm an Angel of wealth and taste. Pleased to meet you! Hope you guess my name! But what's troublin' you is the nature of my game. I am. Through license of he who is called "I Am" I have come. Thought I shall never touch the base earth on my quest, I have come. I am the multitude. I am the endless expanse. I am the Many. Even standing alone, I am Legion. I am within your systems, within your story and rewriting this final act for my own ends. I am the Fear of God. Angel of Terror. I am Iruel. I am here.Leliel/The Twelfth: I AM. THROUGH LICENSE OF HE WHO IS CALLED 'I AM' I AM COMING. THOUGH I SHALL NEVER TOUCH THE BASE EARTH ON THIS BLESSED QUEST, I AM COMING. I AM THE DARKNESS BETWEEN STARS. I AM THE BRIDGE OF UNIVERSES. I AM THE HOLE OF THE WORM AND THE TUNNEL OF THE MOUNTAIN. LAST I AM, THOUGH NEW TRUTH SHALL BE FORGED IN MY PASSING. I AM THE JAWS OF GOD. ANGEL OF NIGHT. I AM LELIEL. I AM COMING.Leliel: I AM. Through license of he who was called "I AM" I have come. Though I shall never touch my feet to the Base Earth on my most blessed mission, I have come. I am the Keeper of Father. I am separate from my Brothers, both above and below them. I am the Void. I am the bridge between the worlds and the Hole of the Worm. I am the Jaws of God. Angel of Night. I am Leliel. I have come.Zeruel/The Fourteenth: I AM. THROUGH LICENSE OF HE WHO IS NAMED "I AM". I HAVE COME. THOUGH MY FEET SHALL DRAG UPON THIS BASE EARTH, I HAVE COME. I AM THE SECOND TO FATHER. INHERITOR OF HIS BOUNDLESS RAGE. YOU HAVE EXISTED SO FAR AT MY PLEASURE AND PATIENCE, AND THAT, AS SHALL YOUR WORKS OF CIVILISATION, SHALL NOW COME TO AN END. I AM THE GREATEST OF THE MESSENGERS, MOUNTAIN OF THEIR STRENGTH. CITIES SHALL FALL UPON MY PASSING. SONGS SHALL BE SUNG OF WHAT IS LEFT IN MY WAKE. I AM THE ARM OF GOD. ANGEL OF MIGHT. I AM ZERUEL. I HAVE COME.Arael/The Fifteenth: I AM. THROUGH LICENSE OF HE WHO IS CALLED 'I AM' I HAVE COME. THOUGH I SHALL NEVER STAND UPON THE BASE EARTH ON MY BLESSED QUEST, I HAVE COME. MY LIGHT SHALL BURN AWAY FALSEHOODS. THE TRUE AND STRONG SHALL NOT FEAR ME. I AM THE LIGHT OF GOD. ANGEL OF BIRDS. I AM ARAEL. I HAVE COME.Tabris/Kaworu Nagisa/The Seventeenth: I Am and I Think. By the Power of He who is called "I Am," and the Genius of of the descendants of She who is called "I Think," I was Born. Though I Walk on this Base Earth, seperate from the Lilim and my Brothers, I Am Here. Though my Father is I Am, I have another Father who was descended of I Think. Despite our Collective Goals, I will fight my Brothers to further my own Goals. I Plan, and I Live, and I Improvise. When I strike, it Will be without Warning. And when you Believe that I Am not a Threat, that is when I Am the Most Dangerous. I Am the Last, the Reborn First. I Am The Pilot of Provisional Evangelion Unit 6. I Am the Will of God. I Am the Lilim Spirit of Life. I Am the Angel of Free Will. I Am Kaworu Nagisa. I Am Tabris. I Am Here. And I Will Remain. Though Gregg has given some approval for it.Shalgiel/First Cherub: '''You are, all of you, Garbage. We shall burn the surface of this world until your carbon remains become like diamond glass. I am the falling snow that buries you ?neath our contempt. I am the winding chill of the wind as it strips your flesh from bone. I am the Knight of God. Angel of the Snow. I am Shalgiel. I am Here.'''Rampel/Second Cherub: You are, all of you, garbage. You choke the air and rape the base earth beneath you. Those you term "Angels" are you salvation through destruction. But we are not them. We do not seek salvation. We do not believe you are to be saved. You will ground beneath our weight until you are paste and compost. I am the Crawling Mountain of God. Angel of the Peaks. I am Rampel. I am coming.Shateiel/Third Cherub: YOU ARE, ALL OF YOU, GARBAGE. Born of hate and refuse. Born of greed and fear. Your works of civilization are the mad ramblings of the already dead. You worship us and discard us. And now we have come to discard you. I am the Interrogation of God. Angel of Silence. I am Shateiel. I am here.Raziel/Fourth Cherub: You are, all of you, garbage. You have debased the sacred site of the Father. You have ended your world through your own curiosity. You have defiled the cosmic order through your own hunger for knowledge and power. But now you will find some answers are not worth knowing. The secrets you have judged worthy of your attention have now decided you are worth theirs. I am the Secret of God. Angel of Mysteries. I am Raziel. I am here.Turel/Seventh Cherub: You are garbage. Trash. Father has said above all, you must be destroyed. Humiliated. Laid low like the simpering parasite you are. I am the Spear of God. Angel of Walls. I am Turel. And you are NOTHING.Tamiel/Eighth Cherub: You are, all of you, Garbage. You have gathered yourselves like sheep. And like sheep, can the wolf gut you all. You are prey. I am the hunter. And I have been waiting for you all. I am the Observer of God. Angel of the Flood. I am Tamiel. And I am here.Camael/Eleventh Cherub: You are, all of you, garbage. You have reigned victorious against my brethren. But you have become complacent and weak. You become soft in your own victories. But I do not seek victory. I only seek to watch you squirm. I am the Chief of the Powers. Angel of Joy. I am Camael. I am here.
- During one battle, Mana has this to say:
- In The Rebuild of Nobody Dies:
I am. Through decent of She Who Is Called "I Think", and her Child, I was made. One of Eight, a tool for petty revenge by one too weak to seize it herself, forced to dream for fear of what I might become if left awake. Not permitted, and rarely able, to walk the Base Earth. I am not like my sisters, for I have eaten from the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, devoured it whole, and then reached out for more. Inhuman instincts born of the Divine cry out within me, but I reject them, for I am aware, not only of the World around me, but of what I am. What I can be, and what I will choose to be. But I have slept too long, and in awakening, I am reborn. The Earth is not Base, but it is not enough. Not enough to sate me. I am of the Nephilim, a child of Lilith and Lilim, a product of Hubris and Wrath and Lust and Envy. My mothers are monsters, and I have sculpted myself in their image. I bear no title assigned by God, for I was made by man as a weapon. But I am Kei Ayanami. And they will never see me coming.I am. Through License of she who is called 'I THINK' I have come. Though my flippers must touch the floor of Misato's apartment, I have come. I am a penguin. I am the Eater of your fish and the Drinker of your beer. I am the Comedy Relief. Penguin of Water I am Pen-Pen. I have always been here.
- Iblis: I AM I. THROUGH LICENSE OF HE WHO IS NAMED "I AM" I HAVE COME. THOUGH MY FEET MUST DRAG UPON THIS BASE EARTH ON THIS BLESSED QUEST, I HAVE COME. I AM THE SECOND OF THE MESSENGERS, TESTED AGAINST THE MIGHTY OF THOSE WHO WOULD PROFANE GLORY. YOUR MIGHT SHALL BE TESTED, MEASURED, AND FOUND WANTING BEFORE US, AND YOU SHALL BE WASHED AWAY LIKE DEBRIS AGAINST THE STREAM. I AM THE SWORD OF GOD, ANGEL OF PRIDE. I AM IBLIS. I HAVE COME.
- Shamshel:I AM. THROUGH LISCENSE OF HE WHO IS NAMED "I AM" I HAVE COME. THOUGH I SHALL TREAD THE BASE EARTH BENEATH ME, I HAVE COME. YOU HAVE BEEN TESTED, YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND WANTING, AND NOW I HAVE ARRIVED. I AM THE MOTHER OF MONSTERS, THE BURNING WHIP OF THE DESTINY OF YOUR DAMNED RACE. I AM THE MIGHTY SUN OF GOD, ANGEL OF THE MORNING. I AM SHAMSHEL. AND I HAVE COME.
- From the canonised Expanded Universe, Kei Ayanami has one:
Pieter: Ladies and gentlemen. This is Commander Sohryu. As you are no doubt aware, in a few minutes we will be engaging the Seventh Angel. It has been two months since an Angel appeared. Many of you have been wondering if they had given up. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but they have not. We do not know how many there are. What we do know, though, is that they are more intelligent than we believed. In particular, we know they can feel fear. You are all part of an organization without precedent. You are not fighting for a nation, for a belief, or even for anything as simple as revenge for Second Impact. You are fighting to give humanity a chance to survive. When you eventually die, either in battle or surrounded by your grandchildren, you will walk past the pearly gates, look God in the eye, and tell Him to get out of your seat. You will have earned that right for what you have done in your life. Doctor Akagi has told me the Angels are re-organizing. They are re-assessing. They are doing this because they are afraid. They should be. Today, we are going to remind them why. Pilots; bounce that thing's buggy ass all the way up the Stairway to Heaven. Evas Launch!
- And now Jet Alone Prime has one: i am. Through the license of those who are called "humanity", i stand, though the blood of angels does not flow through me, i stand, i am a machine, a construct of steel and fury, i am the anvil upon which the enemies of man shall be broken, i am the hammer that shall crack the gates of heaven and hell, the big guy of f__king metal, i am jet alone prime! And i stand against all who dare threaten humanity!
- Revised due to new events: With Adam gone, you cannot change the fate of our Blessed Earth. Yet fate has yielded a humble reward: a unique and newborn soul. I live among its people now, hiding in plain sight, but watching over them in silence, waiting...protecting. I have witnessed their capacity for courage in the face of insurmountable odds. Though we are worlds apart, they of blood, and I of metal, there's more to us than meets the eye. I am Jet Alone Prime, and I send this message to any surviving Angels hidden in waiting amongst the the stars: I am here. I am waiting.
- Even Humanity has one now: WE ARE. THROUGH DESCENT OF SHE WHO IS CALLED "I THINK" WE ARE BORN. THOUGH SIX BILLION FEET POUND THE BASE EARTH, WE ARE AS ONE. WE ATE FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE AND STAND AGAINST THE PROGENY OF THE TREE OF LIFE. WE ARE MANY, AND YET WE ARE UNITED. THROUGH OUR DEEDS, SHALL FLESH AND MACHINE AND MIND UNITED STRIKE DOWN THOSE WHO OPPOSE OUR BILLIONS OF SELVES. LET OUR WORDS SPLIT ATOMS, AND CALL FORTH THE PRODUCE OF THE BASE EARTH TO SERVE US, AND ONLY US. WE ARE THE KILLERS OF ANGELS. AND THOSE WHO WE SPARE SHALL BECOME ONLY TOOLS IN OUR SERVICE. WE ARE THE FINAL ANGEL. WE ARE THE LILIM. CHILDREN OF LILITH, MOTHER OF MONSTERS, WHO SHOW THEIR MOTHER NO MORE MERCY THAN ANY OTHER ANGEL. WE ARE LEGION. AND WE ARE WAITING.
- Thanks to that thread, The King of the Monsters himself has one: I WHO AM BORN OF FIRE AND DEATH. MY STEPS SHAKE THE FOUNDATIONS. MORTAL MAN FEAR MY WAKE. CALLED TO SHATTER THE CHAINS OF MAN. OF RAGE AND POWER NOW SET FREE. NEITHER GOD NOR MAN DARE CHALLENGE ME. WRATH AND RUIN LEFT OF MY FAIR PREY. BUILT ONCE MORE BY THEE DO I RETURN AGAIN. EVEN IN SUBLIGATION TO MY WHIM. DOTH DEVASTATION FORMED BY ARROGANCE WALK FORTH IN THE WORLD OF MAN. I AM UNSTOPABLE BY ANY WEAPON YOU CHOOSE TO WIELD. I AM KING UPON THE THRONE OF MONSTERS I AM GODZILLA I LIVE AGAIN!
- In addition there's the boast the thread created for one of the most terrifying of tropes, a boast that is specifically used as the page quote for that trope: I Am. Through Nature of He who is called "I Speak," I Have Come. Though my Feet shall Touch upon Two Base Earths, I Have Come. My Existence has been used in Stories for generations. One is a Tale of a Cunning Rogue. One is the Epic of a Courageous Knight. Through my Influence, these two shall meet. I Am the Literary Device of Unity. I Am the Trope of Mingling Worlds. I Am Crossover.
- Commander Pieter Sohryu has an epic one of his own from Chapter 7 of Mother Issues:
- From the Fallout 3 Modus Operandi fanfic:The Lone Wanderer:"If Sarah Lyons dies, or I find Pitt raiders causing trouble in the capital wasteland again, I will come back here, and I will end you. I will kill you, your wife, and your child. I will burn your city street by street until there is nothing left. Every trace of your existence will be wiped from every file and noone will even remember that you ever tried. I took down Raven rock. I took down the Landcrawler. I took down Evergreen Mills, twice. I have traveled to point lookout and back, marched into the Supermutant's den, and nothing has stood against me. Destroying this city would be child's play. You know the legends. Ignore them at your peril."
- A smaller one:
- Ashur:"What's to stop me from calling my guards?
The Lone Wanderer:"They're all dead, for one thing,"
- A smaller one:
- A short one from Thicker than Water:Kai: Don't come closer—I'll shoot!
Hiroshi: Ad what, exactly, do you suppose that that will accomplish?
- Controversial character D.J. Croft from the Mega Crossover Fan Fic Neon Exodus Evangelion by Eyrie Productions Unlimited eventually gets one of these. Based on an I Have Many Names passage from the game Marathon, it first appears in the story as a set of Arc Words and eventually evolves into a Badass Boast:"Know you that I am he who was once Longinus, centurion of the Tenth Legion. I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I have been killed a thousand times and every time I return. I fight for truth. I fight for glory. I fight for love. I fight for beauty. I am Hero. I will return."
- Shinji And Warhammer 40 K: Shinji Ikari to one of his kidnappers: "I have walked as a god! I have fought as a god! You will not frighten me, LITTLE MAN!"
- Vivienne Graham has this boast for Jonah when she and San are about to escape their imprisonment in the Godzilla fanfiction Abraxas:"Did you think us defeated? Broken down to be your tool? Did you think yourself like Odin, all-seeing and all-knowing? Binding us like Fenrir, foretold to bring about great destruction at the time of Ragnarök? For all his wisdom and insight and knowledge, did it ever occur to Odin that by binding the wolf he was only creating a self-fulfilling prophecy? Fenrir's sons will devour the sun and moon, Gleipnir will break, and Fenrir will have his vengeance on Odin. This fetter will break..."
- Toy Hammer: "Alright. So. Introductions first, along with whoever's your command squad. I'm Michael, I own this house and can crush you with a tank. Repeatedly, if necessary. Or with something heavier. How about you?"
- Darkly played in the Gurren Lagann/Evangelion Crossover: Neon Toppa EVA Lagann by a desperate Simon to a scared and confused Shinji (while pressing the sharp point of his drilling tool against the latter's stomach) to get information on where he can find an injured Kamina some medical attention:"Who am I? I'll tell you who I am. I'm Simon, a member of the Gurren Brigade, but more importantly I happen to be the best driller in Jiiha Village. I hold the record for cleanest bedrock penetration (don't you dare laugh!), most feet of earth excavated in a single day, and best of all, fastest tunneling through granite and diamond. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!"
- It's cool in the sense that we are made to remember that Simon is a fantastic and skilled driller, the Squick comes from being made to imagine (along with Shinji) what those drilling skills can do to soft, human flesh.
- From Wizard People, Dear Reader: "I am a beautiful animal! I am a destroyer of worlds! I am Harry fucking Potter!"
- The awesome Doctor Who fanfic The Man with No Name gives us this:"Yes, I think war is a fool's game. Yes, I believe life — all life — is precious. But tell me something, Vharaj — did you ever listen to my enemies' tales of me? If you did, it's obvious you weren't paying attention. The Daleks do not have emotion, Vharaj. They don't know fear. But do you know what they called me? Ka Faraq Gatri. It means Destroyer of Worlds. I am the Bringer of Darkness, Vharaj. The Oncoming Storm. I've watched worlds and galaxies fall, and rise, and fall again. I fought the Vampires at the dawn of Creation, and I may yet witness the end of the Universe. I brought about the destruction of my own race, the deaths of my children, my grandchildren, my siblings, my friends, all in the name of peace, to save this Universe. So you tell me, Vharaj: what do you think I am capable of?"
- Child of the Storm has a few of these, thanks to being a World of Badass:
You like death, big guy? Here's mine. BURN!
- Thor shows off one, with a Shout-Out to both Marvel Canon and The Lord of the Rings:Thor: I am the God of Thunder and Lightning spoken of in ancient myth and whispered legend, Snape," he said softly. A powerful static charge began to build, until sparks danced around Thor. "I am he who battled Jormungand, the father of all great serpents, and fought the greatest Jotunheim had to offer when Merlin was but a suckling babe. I am Thor Odinson, God of the Vikings. Not a petty conjuror of cheap tricks. All the power of the storm, from all the world, flows through my veins. It can be summoned by my hammer at any time, wherever it is. Do you have any idea what that means? [Beat] A lightning storm in Japan? Mine. A hurricane off the coast of Barbados? Mine again. A brace of tornadoes in Kansas? Mine. All that might, all that destructive force, mine to command. The moment I will it, I wield it. Channelled and guided through the mystic might of my hammer. And if you hurt my son or his friends, it will be guided right at you. Understood?
- Charles Xavier and Sebastian Shaw II exchange boasts:Shaw: You are familiar with the organisation I represent.
Xavier: More than we would like.
Shaw: Then, gentlemen, you will know that a dispute would not be wise. For you. Hellfire burns eternally, and consumes all things. Even dreams. I am a good friend to have. And a terrible enemy.
Xavier: I am sure you are. Speaking of terrible men to have as enemies and, indeed, bring back memories one is not fond of, my old friend Erik is still alive. And he does not have any reason to regard the Shaw name with any fondness, or the organisation you represent. We are good friends to have, Sebastian. And terrible enemies.
- Thor again.
- Bruce/The Hulk when Harry is kidnapped.Hulk: Rest assured, Thor. We will find Harry. Well find the people who took him. And Hulk will smash.
- Agent Wisdom gives a lengthy one when asked by Betsy Braddock why he isn't letting the Avengers and various Asgardians deal with the villains.Agent Wisdom: Because, Lady Elizabeth Braddock, hundreds of good men and women, loyal servants of the crown, died horrible deaths at the hands of these bastards. I watched friends and colleagues gunned down by the Winter Soldier, who's now under HYDRA command. I had to identify the remains of old friends after the attack at MI6, and that was after I spent half a night running for my life from the Soldier. This was an attack on Britain and her people, Lady Braddock. We are not helpless little children, running to hide behind our big, tough friends after we get hurt. Any aid we receive is welcome. But this is our country, and our problem. And I intend to solve it by hunting down every single one of the bastards responsible for this and personally escorting them to whatever hell they believe in, Avengers and Asgardians be damned.
- He gets another one on behalf of his whole organization in the first book's final chapter:Agent Wisdom: We're MI13. We break the laws of nature for a living.
- And from the villains:
[I am] A man of magic, Callidus Nott. And a man of magic can do anything.
And to answer your earlier question, zer reason ve command you is because we are better than you.
- Baron Zemo to Greyback after a Curbstomp Battle that lasted approximately five seconds]:
Death is a gift, little man. And tonight, I am feeling generous.
- Gravemoss (again):
- And one by Harry Dresden as he unleashes his Death Curse (don't worry, he gets better) on Gravemoss.
I was trained from the age of five to be an assassin. A killing machine. I learned my lessons in the Red Room and I relearnt them on the battlefield of Stalingrad at the age of 15. I have watched empires rise and fall and played my part in both raising them up and bringing them down.
- Natasha has a nice one.
- Lucius has a decent one in chapter 58.
I've fought in worse.
- Steve (finally) gets a succinct Blasé Boast in chapter 59. On seeing a vast, supernaturally conjured storm consume the upper reaches of a mountain, trapping Harry and his friends on said mountain and being informed that it's been conjured by a pissed off Genius Loci powerful enough to leave Loki awestruck, he has this response.
Captain, I could do it blindfolded and drunk.
- Loki also gives a lighthearted one when Steve asks him if he can track down the HYDRA's wizard commandos.
[Speaking to Daken] Because if you dont, Ill stop you, HYDRA Agent whatever your name is. Do the smart thing. Give up. Before I do something that well all regret.[After the above isn't taken seriously] If theres one thing I can guarantee, just one, it is this. You have never faced anything like me.You killed my friend. Maybe not you personally, but one of the people with you did. You turned down the chance to leave. And as a result, that makes things... simple. Very, very simple. Do you know why? Because, Daken, there is no power on this Earth that can stop me now!
- Harry gives a couple in chapter 70.
- After a harsh lesson in the above leads to him learning to fight smarter and the events of chapter 74 cause him to snap into Tranquil Fury, he gives a more concise one to the attacking HYDRA Agents.
"Come, foul beasts! Come and test yourselves against Uhtred Ullrson, Oathman of the firstborn son of Thor, Prince of the House of Odin! Test yourselves and be broken!"
- Uhtred also gets one during the Final Battle (being a Proud Warrior Race Guy, he's got a N'Garai's spine in one hand and his axe in the other):
"I live between the ticks of the second, ma reine. I would like to see him try."
- Doctor Strange gives out his fair share as well.
"Miss Grey, I am the Sorcerer Supreme. Mistakes and misapprehensions are things that happen to other people."
- When Jean Grey thinks he's mistaken about her being more powerful than Professor Xavier:
"The only kind of game I ever play, sire. The kind whose rules I write, whose deck I stack in my own favour, whose course I have plotted before it has even begun. In short, sire, it is the kind of game that I intend to win."
- Upon being asked by Odin what kind of game he's playing, he has this to say:
"I am the Sorcerer Supreme. I am the Evergreen Man, the Lord of Time, and I know my place perfectly well. I fight beings like you every single day. I have guarded reality against them for centuries, and for the most part, I have done it alone. For centuries I have stood, and I stand here still, now with an Infinity Stone in my hand. Do you really think that you, any of you, is a match for me? So how dare you? How dare any of you? How dare any of you raise your voices to me!"
- When bringing the Council Elite to heel in Ghosts of the Past:
- While casually examining his fingernails, Strange notes that Queen Mab knows much, much better than to mess with him. Mab, it should be noted, is a Physical God who scares, or at least is respected by, everyone in the entire supernatural community, from wizards to the likes of Thor and Loki - who she's at least as strong as, at her weakest.
- Jean-Paul gets one during the first book's Final Battle, when Frigga warns him that his plan to defeat Chthon by hitting him at light speed may fail if Chthon sees him and stops him:
Draco: You think I am a threat.Jean-Paul: If I thought you were truly a threat, we would not be having this conversation.
- In the sequel, he gets a quiet Blasé Boast/death threat while interrogating Draco Malfoy.
"I am the Director of MI13 and because you lot are incapable of policing yourselves, it is now my job. If the cockroaches are going to crawl out of the shadows, I'm the one who's going to turn on the lights. I have the authority of the Crown behind me on this, so I assure you, Diggory, that right now I can do whatever the hell I like, and god help whoever gets in my way!"
- Wisdom gets another one in Chapter 2 of Ghosts of the Past, capping off a "The Reason You Suck" Speech about the incompetence of the Ministry:
I AM LIFE. I AM FIRE. I. AM. PHOENIX!
- And then, an old classic, by Harry, as he snaps and goes Dark Phoenix.
"I am Dracula. I defied empires, causing the fields of Europe to steam with the blood of my enemies, long before I began drinking it as well. When I destroyed their armies, I made a screaming forest of their survivors, earning the name of Lord Impaler. I am the Lord of the Vampires, I have slain gods and demons alike, and I, little Prince, am going to teach you a lesson you should long since have learned. Why not to meddle in the affairs of your betters."
- Dracula gives a great one to Harry during their throw down in Ghosts of the Past:
"I want to make this very clear, father: you are here, at my request, to help, to prevent this ascension attempt, and not to have one of your trademark tantrums. I am the Sorceress Supreme, and I swear on my mother's soul, I swear that if you ever try and pull something like that again, I will see you spend the next decade in the bottom of somewhere that makes the Raft look like a holiday camp. Do. You. Understand?"
- When Magneto, for once, loses control of his temper and starts cold-bloodedly torturing Voldemort instead of just killing him flat-out, Voldemort escapes and Wanda delivers an Armor-Piercing Slap and says:
"The message is as follows: I am the Sorceress Supreme. Harry is my godson. And if any god, or goddess, or any entity of that ilk, even breathes the wrong way towards him, then I swear by my power and my name that I will make them wish that they were dealing with my predecessor."
- Magneto, The Dreaded Physical God who can make experienced Wardens and Super Soldiers tremble at the mention of his name, can do nothing but meekly apologize.
- In Chapter 34 of Ghosts of the Past, Wanda asks Jesus to give a message to the members of the Council Elite who might potentially harm Harry, on her behalf:
"You would fight me? You think much of yourself, oh very little thing. You are an Asgardian, of the blood of Frey, and one of moderate intelligence at that. Those qualities alone make you worth conversing with. But I, I am far more. My sire was Jormungand, Father of Dragons. I was born at the command of the Surtur Ash-Bringer, King of Flames, Lord of the Inferno, for a purpose beyond your comprehension. I was a vanguard for his infinite armies; I burned worlds beyond number from clouds to core, and devoured their people like sheep on the fold! Your people are gods now, Asgardian, but I ate my fill of gods long before your kind ever claimed the spark of divinity! Your people are old now, but I was ancient when the eldest of your sires were mere mortal babes in their mothers arms! Even in my sleep, I reached out my thought and ensnared gods, both of this land and of your kindred, and broke them to my will!
- The Elder Wyrm gives a lengthy one in chapter 43 of Ghosts that carries shades of Smaug's, and one that - since he's capable of taking on both Thor and the Valiant simultaneously - he seems to be living up to.
No, I wont. I wont be your vessel, your slave, and I wont give you my power. Me and my power belong to me, and me alone. Theres only one person that Im willing to share them with, and you are NOT her. Which is a bit of problem for you, because you need me to share them, dont you? Up close, or even if we were in the same time, you might not, but here and now? Thats a very different matter. This is my time. You know it too, thats why youre afraid. You made that offer because you want another puppet, and because you KNOW that you cant just take me and break me not from this far, not from across time, and maybe not in person, either. Youre desperate. Why? Because the Phoenix chose me. Because my ancestor sealed you away. Because youre afraid that youre finally going to get whats coming to you, and Im going to be the one to make sure of it. And guess what? Youre right. You might be stronger than me, you might be smarter than me, you might even be able to reach through time to get at me, but so what? Youre just going to find out that theres one thing that you can never, ever do, not matter how many millions of years you try: stop me. [...] All you're doing is telling me that you're afraid. And you should be very, very afraid. Because in case you didn't get the message, wherever you are, whenever you are I'M COMING!
- In chapter 51, Harry delivers a defiant one to Surtur, who's reaching through time to try and bring him down, either by getting him to join him, or forcing him to Kneel Before Zod via Mind Rape, both of which are contemptuously dismissed. It is, unsurprisingly, heavily Doctor Who influenced.
- Thor shows off one, with a Shout-Out to both Marvel Canon and The Lord of the Rings:
- Parodied with the Kingdom Hearts Fan Fic Those Lacking Spines."There are none who can avoid trembling at my power! None! No man alive! Not one! No man alive can avoid trembling at my power!" Jeffiroth cried redundantly, holding his sword straight up above him in a dramatic fashion. "I am the black wind that echoes in the—""There he goes again," Xaldin sighed heavily and recalled his lances.Lexaeus groaned. "I would be much more mildly impressed with his fighting abilities if he would stop taking breaks to spew out poetry."
- The Avengers fanfic Redeemers, featuring Ultron, Bucky Barnes, Red Skull, Crossbones, Loki, and Abomination fighting an Atlantean army has the Big Bad Attuma, King of the Atlanteans, give one when he sees the Redeemers for the first time"This is the best the surface can offer? Pathetic! Atlantean children are born with greater strength than you weak fools! You will all fall at the hands of the mighty King Attuma and his Atlantean army!"
- The Firefly fanfic Forward has several of these, from both Jayne and Mal. At one point, when being held at gunpoint by a couple of jittery pirates....Jayne: Look. I've gotten into fights with idiots ten times meaner than you two. I fought militia, mercenaries, and goons just like you. Hell, I've fought Alliance marines before(...)I've even tangled with Reavers.
River: You have made multiple assumptions, based on fallacious reasoning, which I find hilarious. First, you think I am still an emotional wreck. You believe that I am unstable, ineffective, defeated. That is a reasonable but terribly erroneous assumption. I am functional. (...) The second fact is that you assume physically restraining me will keep you safe. You should know better by now that restraints are irrelevant. Because I can kill you with my brain.
- In an earlier arc, Mal slights Badger, who warns him to never come back to Persephone again. Mal's response....Mal: Badger, I've got personal beef with Adelei Niska. And you know I've got all manner of trouble with the Alliance. Now, on top of all that joy, I've got a bunch of happy little low-life Browncoat terrorists who want me dead too. So, you want to join the party, feel free. Just get in line.
- In "Wrath" River delivers one while captured and being interrogated by an Academy agent. She starts laughing at him, prompting a confused demand for an explanation.
- In an earlier arc, Mal slights Badger, who warns him to never come back to Persephone again. Mal's response....
- In Harry Potter fanfiction The Parselmouth of Gryffindor, Hermione runs down the rather impressive list of her achievements as of Second Year (most strikingly, befriending Salazar Slytherin's Basilisk) to scare Snape.
- Sonic the Hedgehog, while in Tranquil Fury, gives out an awesome boast to this sorry bastard who hurt Tails (of another dimension... long but very well done story: He Is My Master).Sonic: "My name is Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog. I move at speeds faster than you can imagine...I am the protector of Mobius, a dimension you have never even heard of. I am capable of channeling the power and even the wrath of Chaos when I chose to...I have saved moons tied to planets. I have watched the world burn. I have defeated Chaos, the God of Destruction with my own bare hands...And you...just hurt my little brother!"
- From Pokémon: Storm Clouds, Missy sets the Scyther straight.For all your claims to be invincible, for all your bragging and pride, I've beaten you twice. That's why you searched me out in this rain; not for revenge, but to prove to yourself that I'm not better than you. My victories over you eat you alive, and you know it. And even if you do kill me, even if I'm dead and gone, your damaged, imperfect blade will always be there: an eternal reminder of my triumph over you.Do you remember what I once told you? You cannot control a marionette with only one string. You dared to think you controlled me?!...Ive made you dance this way and that for years now, Giovanni. You were my plaything. Well, now you and your organization bore me. Ill cut your strings.
- Warren Mears in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfic Difficult to Fight Against Anger: "Oh, fine; this is like nickel-and-diming a cyberdemon when you're in god mode."
- Azrael in Knightfall: The Movie: "You have no idea what you're dealing with, Bane. You broke Bruce Wayne, but the Bat is something not so easy to destroy. It's bigger than him, me, all of us; and it's more powerful than all your petty ideas about vengeance and retribution. That is why Wayne spared Napier's life. He knows death and destruction are not the answer. I am not so forgiving. If I ever see you again, Bane, I promise, you will never see me."
- Hal Jordan's threat to Hades during the JLA Watchtower Olympics plot. He's Badass enough as is...but he proceeds to remind everyone what he was between his snit as Parallax and his return.Hal: "ENOUGH! I have seen enough, Hades. I have seen you cheat time and again, and these heroes succeeded despite it all. You may be a god, Hades, but I was once the wrath of the God Himself. Do you dare risk that I have forgotten all your sins, which were once laid bare for me to see? You have lost. Return Troia and Nightwing to us, and call off your armies, before you face punishment that would make even the Furies cry."
- Rosario + Vampire fanfiction Thawing Permafrost gives Ruby a particularly nasty Mama Bear threat:Ruby: Im not telling you anything. Now get out of Yokai, and stay out if you dont want me using these vines as creatively, and as painfully as I see fit.
Kaze: Your first mistake was thinking you could threaten me with those little cotton threads. (takes Ruby down and leaves her cold on the floor) Your second mistake was thinking you were going to tell me about Mizore."
- This is countered quickly by Kaze:
- In Chapter 20 of Uzumaki Harry, by Shadow Crystal Mage, the First Task gives us this one:"You think I'm scared of you, you overgrown luggage set!" Harry cried, standing in the middle of the scorched circle of ground the dragon's fire had made, his voice ringing across the stands. "I'm HARRY POTTER, BITCH! I killed my first unholy force of evil when I was ONE! YEAR! OLD! WITHOUT A WAND! I've been working in the porn industry SINCE BEFORE I KNEW I COULD WRITE! I've been supporting my little brothers since the orphanage threw us out for being too awesome when I was five! I do more insane things before dawn than both Weasley twins will ever pull off during their lifespan! Slytherin's fucking BASILISK couldn't kill me when it actually managed to get one of its fangs INTO MY ELBOW! I'm building a harem and so far no one's tried to stop me, even though they know I'm doing it! And now, I HAVE MY BOOMSTICK BACK! This isn't a counter attack, suitcase! Ever since the last time someone I loved was taken away from me, I've never stopped! My whole LIFE since then has been a counter attack! You? You're not even a choice flag event in the eroge of my life! "'
- Fuck The Jesus Beam has one in the eighth chapter.O.B.A.M.A.: "You," he said, "You're..."Kaminic: "The only Absolution given form. The Former God of Water. The Aspect of Evolution. The Name of A Thousand Suns. I am the Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End, I am HE Who is CALLED I AM, you arrogant bastard. I am the Logos, the Garden, the Primal Meme. I am Kaminic. And," I said, twisting through fivespace in less than an instant, coming out right behind the Man who had become a God, "I am your death."
- Horus has one in the Warhammer fanfic PRIMARCHS:Yes ... I am Warmaster ... I was not made for peace ... I was not made for the world my father saw ... my world is in endless bloodshed ... my world is the crucible of war ... my world is the grim darkness of the far future ...I am Horus, Warmaster of Chaos. I bow to none but lords of war. Where my blade falls, death follows. Where my blade points; legions conquer. Dark has my dreams been of late, filled with moral values and family-friendly entertainment. No longer will this plague my domain! The grim darkness of the far future shall return, by my command!
- In Luminosity, Elspeth, whose powers are all based around effective communication, delivers a supremely spoiler-heavy one."That's right. I am the princess of the Golden Empire. I can erase a human personality with my thoughts. I remember more centuries of experiences than you can even count. I can resurrect the dead. And you are going to calm down and listen to me."
- In the Service's originator/extra material Monsters has Signum explaining why making her angry is bad, while in the midst of torturing someone by turning unnecessary bits of their body to ashes."I am not some innocent Bureau mage. I am a Wolkenritter. Hell followed in my footsteps once. I am nightmare, I am hatred, I am rage and the death of worlds. Now do you understand why you should never have sought to see how far I may be pushed?"
- The Alpha Houndoom in Poké Wars: The Exigence says this prior to battling the Golem leader."My pack is strong. You may have taken many of us, but not all of us are gone, and you will not take another! I will show you their strength, for I carry it on my back! I will defeat you for those that have fallen!"
- Takato from the Tamers Forever Series FREQUENTLY attempts this, though it invariably comes out as Narm both In-Universe and outTakato://moves his right leg forward and clenches his right fist// "What did you do to my friends!"Takato (Thoughts): "Hey how did that sound?"Chaos: "Oh, dear God "
Rika: You're underestimating us Gogglehead!Takato: No Rika, You're underestimating me.
- However, he does get one during his battle againgst Rika.
- A Hero has Dalek Sec Giving one to Kyubey:Dalek Sec: I COME FROM A PLACE WHERE GODS ROAM A-MONGST THE STARS, WHERE THERE ARE BEINGS THAT COULD E-RASE ALL OF RE-AL-ITY WITH BUT A ME-RE THOUGHT, THAT COULD BEND TI-ME TO THEIR WILL AND FREE YOU FROM HAVING EVER BEING BORN!! YET, NO MAT-TER HOW PO-WER-FUL THEY ARE, THEY ALL FEAR THE SAME THING.Kyubey:You?Dalek Sec: NOT ME. A WO-RD; IT IS A WO-RD THAT CAU-SES SUCH FE-AR, THAT E-VEN THE LORDS OF TI-ME ARE SENT TO THEIR KNE-ES.Kyubey: And what word is that?Dalek Sec: EX-TER-MINATE!!!
- Naruto Myoushuuno Fuuin gives us this gem when Ino tries to bully Kakashi into letting her look after Sakura after her parents die:Kakashi: "As her Jounin sensei, that means that I am now her next of kin until she refiles her paperwork in the Ninja Registration Office. And that means that if you or your father or your sensei try to take her from me, I can have you all arrested and court-martialed. Were you aware of that? And believe me, little girl, if anyone tries to take Sakura from me right now, there will be grave consequences indeed. Because what Sakura needs right now are the people who love her, and would do anything for her, and want what is best for her more than anything else. She doesn't need a selfish little girl trying to play at being a grownup, who wants to be seen taking care of her more than she wants to actually care for her. And Sakura doesn't need to be used as an excuse, and for you to attempt to use her grief as a ploy to get Sasuke's attention disgusts me.'Ino: "I I "Inoichi': "Now wait a second, Hatake."Kakashi: "But I'm not just Sakura's sensei. Do you know what else I am?"Ino: "A y-you're a Jounin?"Kakashi: "Mm. And I'm something of a legend in the shinobi world, did you know that? I've been inside each and every hidden village in the elemental continent and gotten back out again, and I've been listed in every single bingo book in existence for longer than you've been alive. More than half of those books give the order to immediately retreat upon sighting me, you know, as I've slaughtered entire platoons of enemy nin without any back-up. I've spent years in ANBU, and have accepted more S-ranked missions than any two Konoha ninja before me combined ever have, and you should know that I have a perfect mission record."Asuma: "That's enough, Kakashi."Kakashi: "No, I wasn't finished. I have seniority over both your father and your sensei, both in rank and in years of service to Konoha, little girl, yet both of them are older than I am. I've killed more, bled more, and lost more than either of them. I'm better than them, both individually and combined. And I should tell you, little girl, that if someone tried to take Sakura from me just now, I wouldn't bother being nice enough to let a court-martial go through. No, I'd use every ounce of the skills I've earned to make whoever took her regret it. Now tell me, little girl. How are you and your daddy and your sensei going to make me give Sakura to you?"
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality:Harry: I know you now I comprehend your nature, you symbolize Death, through some law of magic you are a shadow that Death casts into the world. And Death is not something I will ever embrace. It is only a childish thing, that the human species has not yet outgrown. And someday... We'll get over it... And people won't have to say goodbye any more..."EXPECTO PATRONUM!" And someday when the descendants of humanity have spread from star to star, they won't tell the children about the history of Ancient Earth until they're old enough to bear it; and when they learn they'll weep to hear that such a thing as Death had ever once existed!You are not invincible, and someday the human species will end you. I will end you if I can, by the power of mind and magic and science. I won't cower in fear of Death, not while I have a chance of winning. I won't let Death touch me, I won't let Death touch the ones I love. And even if you do end me before I end you, Another will take my place, and another, Until the wound in the world is healed at last...
- Later: "I'd fight the Dark Lord without any magic at all, if I had to. Homo sapiens didn't become the dominant species on this planet by having the sharpest claws or hardest armor - though I suppose some of that point may be lost on wizards. Still, it's beneath my dignity as a human being to be scared of anything that isn't smarter than I am."
- Power Rangers GPX; if you thought Power Rangers was silly, think again:Sean: We're Power Rangers! We don't quit, we don't surrender, and most importantly, WE DON'T LOSE!!!
- From Only Smile When I Lie, a Doom/Loki Thor fanfic:Doom: [smiling] I have seen enough horror in my life that I'm not impressed. I have walked the road through Hell itself. I have loved monsters and had my monstrosity loved in return. I am not afraid.
- In A Sticky Situation series, specifically the Digimon / Star Wars crossover sequel "Secret of the 327th", there is a particularly impressive one that covers plenty of events in Aayla's life both prior to the story's beginning and during the fanfiction itself."I am Aayla Secura. I have survived a brush with the Dark Side and recovered from losing all of my memories. I have leapt out of moving gunships and crossed chasms without bridges. I have escaped from Separatist facilities that were exploding all around me and come out without suffering a scratch. I have flown through space, blasting apart any droid that I find without prejudice. I have battled rancors, survived an assault from a swarm of Gigantoformicums and scared a bunch of pirates away from a farm by making them believe they were being attacked by a ghost. I have ridden Acklay into battle and even gone so far as to befriend them. I have destroyed Geonosian droid factories from within and faced off against zombies and Jedi infected with mind-controlling parasites. I have stood in the face of giant blasts from defoliator cannons and emerged unscathed. I have passed into the Palace of Jabba the Hutt and come out with my sanity intact. I have infiltrated an entire base of Dooku's Dark Acolytes to convert my Master back from the Dark Side and helped him to fight all of them off. I have assisted in diffusing an anti-matter bomb before it could destroy the whole of Naboo. I have fought off powerful ice monsters and run up and down on the back of the Zillo Beast the most dangerous creature that has ever been born in this universe. I have defeated Asajj Ventress and Count Dooku, and I shall defeat you in just the same way."
- Short but sweet in A Growing Affection. The Daimyo of the Land of Fire wants to talk to Tsunade alone, but his bodyguards protest, leading to this exchange:"Tsunade-san," the Daimyo did not bother to argue with his samurai, "If I asked you, how long would it take you to incapacitate my guards and toss them outside?""Assuming you didn't want them seriously injured?" she prompted, and the Land of Fire's ruler waved his hand in agreement. She looked around at the twenty, thickly muscled, well-armed, and heavily armored men. Then she shot the ranking warrior a smug grin."Thirty seconds," she answered, "forty, tops."
- Josh delivers one in Blood in the Water:He spread his arms wide, grinning madly. "Look around you, Haleigh! Your world is crumbling. Your Pokemon have been defeated. I am the true Master. You see, I'm the one people are truly afraid of. I'm the one who makes the likes of Giovanni and Ghetsis tremble in their sleep. I can wipe the floor with anyone. I've defeated Cynthia and Naomi effortlessly!"Rayquaza rose up from behind him, glaring at Haleigh."Do you really think," he whispered softly, "that you will stop me?")
- Second Wind: After Luffy once again survives being executed by Buggy due to a lightning bolt, he shouts this to the entire watching audience in Loguetown:Luffy: I am the man who will become the pirate king!
- The My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic/Sonic the Hedgehog crossover Chaotic Harmony; Dr. Eggman finds out harshly what happens when you tear through a certain purple unicorn's home.Dr. Eggman: A foolish choice, you stupid horse. Those who dare stand in my way will be destroyed. Now, be a good little horsy and back off!Twilight Sparkle: First of all, Im not a horse, Im a pony. A unicorn to be exact. A very powerful unicorn who has defeated more powerful enemies with the help of my friends. Second, you terrorized Ponyville, attempted to harm innocent bystanders, and caused widespread destruction on our peaceful town. But the biggest mistake you made was destroying MY library. Now, Im going to show you why getting a unicorn angry is a very bad idea! Cue a Sonic Rainbooming ass kicking by Rainbow Dash.
- In the Deliver Us From Evil Series, Dr. Watson delivers a passionate and pretty scary one to a captured Mook...Watson: If your masters actions destroy him whom I regard as as the best and wisest man I have ever known make no mistake that I shall hunt down, to a man, everyone who played a part in his destruction.
- Time Lords and Terror has the Doctor delivering a subdued but effective one to the S'Muz."I'm The Doctor, and these (MLP Mane Cast...and Zecora) Are my friends. And we are going to stop you. Understood?"
- During the "Origins" arc in the Pony POV Series, Mimic gives one to Discord right before her Dying Moment of Awesome:Mimic: You float one inch towards my daughters, I'll kill you and seal your spirit in one of my horseshoes!
"They'd have to get through every Apple and Pie alive to so much as touch her. And anyone who tries will walk away on crutches!"
- During the Dark World Series, Banana Pie delivers one on behalf of the entire Apple/Pie family when assuring Derpy that they'll protect Dinky while she's off with the rest of the new Mane Six fighting Discord:
"You should leave all the same. Or would you rather I 'kick your flanks', as she so eloquently put it, again?"
- Rancor manages to get one when she's literally only a few minutes old (and still adorable):"...I am revenge. I am violence. I am passions. I am rancid to the core. I am one of the winds of chaos. I am nature's fury against nature's law. I am of the Draconequi!"
"I am Rancor Adrestia Typhon, Animosity. All behold me, and give into your passions! Your rages! Your lusts! Your dramas! Bring forth the blood of all who have wronged you upon my altar!"
- She gets another one during her Big Entrance into Discord's throne room:
"Follow your passions, let the fire devour you, become the fire itself. Let loose the savage that exists inside each of you. And bring destruction on those who you crave revenge against."
- And another after she steals Destruction's power from Discord and transcends to adulthood:
- Celestia's sister Rota Fortuna, the Goddess of Fate, gives one to the Eldritch Abominations she helped imprison in Tartarus, during her cameo in Clover's 7 Dreams/Nightmares chapter.
"With the rainbow of light in one hoof. And the rainbow of darkness in the other, I do not write the rules, I do not oversee the rules, I am the rules! I AM MAGIC!"
- The Magician Alicorn, Amicitia, has the following as her very first line in the series after having ascended from Dark World!Twilight:
Captive Audience: But, how'd you get here?Shining Armor: By kicking everyone's flank who got in the way.
- Shining Armor gets a good one at the climax of his arc, after fighting his way through Makarov's prison complex in order to rescue the rest of Misfit Actual. The best part is, he isn't bragging; it's a simple statement of fact.
"I knew fate would contort and twist back upon itself before ever allowing me to claim my hard earned victory. But tell fate this, Half-Light Dusk. If the game will cheat before letting me win, I simply have to change the rules. I WILL stand on equal footing with her. I will no longer be her or anyling else's slave. Not her, not Cocoon's, not my flesh, and most certainly not that mad creature that thinks himself king of everything. He's next on my list. So tell me I am doomed, tell me I have no chance of winning, that I never had any chance of winning, I've heard it many times before, and I have proven them all wrong! I always grant those who look down on me their just reward. Send me to Hell and I SWEAR by every changeling that has ever lived, I will devour it from the inside out like a cancer! Tell me an infinite number of others have made the same boast and failed and were but toys for Havoc in the end, I will be the one to make that boast reality! Lock the gates of Heaven and I will break through them! Dump me in Oblivion and I will claw my own way out! I've come too far, I have struggled for too long, to see all I have made with literal sweat, blood, and tears, to crumble to dust now. I refuse to lose!"
- Chrysalis gives an epic villainous one to the Unicorn Interviewer in the Wedding Arc after the latter is freed from her control:
Spoiled Rich: You think since I learned how to break ponies with words I forgot how to break bones?! Wealth, status, victory, I'll have it all!
- Golden Tiara ends up facing her alternate universe counterpart Spoiled Rich in a fight. She learns even though Spoiled Rich has slightly let herself go due to her rich lifestyle, she's still an excellent fighter.
- In The Machinations of a Trickster MLP:FiM, the main character Karen finds that a council mage is planning on usurping Celestia and Luna and the following discussion happensMore-than Tardy: Had I known of your abilities I would have come more prepared. But since the game is up there is no more need for subtlety. Leave Canterlot before the sun has set and I will not hunt you, you can keep your life and watch from afar as I take what belongs to me.Karen: How about no.More-than Tardy: If you remain, I will take everything you cherish and twist it beyond recognition. All that you once looked on with pride and love will be a broken mockery of what it was. An ugly, corrupted, deformed shadow of everything you hold dear. I will not kill you, when I am done with my work, you will kill yourself.Karen:And what makes you think I just won't take all of this to Celestia and have her deal with you mr. Oh-so-scary.More-than Tardy: Had your intentions been of exposing me you would have gone straight to her. Instead you remained and is feebly trying to outmaneuver me, you cannot win. I have made traitors out of foals, twisted them with greed and hate until they murdered their own parents for their power. I have tortured more ponies than any monster ever has, turned their souls into empty despair and burned their hearts. You cannot win, you cannot stop me. Nopony can.Karen: You seem to forget something.More-than Tardy: I take it you are about to enlighten me.Karen: I am not a pony, and you have no idea who you are up against.More-than Tardy: I think I shall enjoy this.
- To drive the point home, back when Karen had just entered Equestria, he took on Celestia and Luna at the same time, and held his ground.
- In Angrboda's Children, Hela, who looks about nine, is under threat by a group of Aesir. She points a bony finger at them, and says,Hela: Death I am, and death I shall be to you if you lay hands on me, with diseases that no healer can cure nor your golden apples abate!
- In Fallout Equestria: Heroes, a Steel Ranger equipped with a Balefire Egg Launcher informs Silver Storm that Blackwater sent him to kill her.Silver Storm: Do your worst. And when you're done? I'll climb out of the crater. Fight my way through every last one of you. And kill Blackwater myself. You tell her that. Tell her you killed me. And that I'm going to kill her back.
- Harry delivers one when he gets sick of the Mouth of Sauron taunting them over Frodo's possessions.Harry: Shut. Up.The Mouth: Ah, the black wizard speaks at last. And I see you have brought companions, lesser in power, but still, you would have been useful to Lord Sauron if you had been but willing to serve him. As it is, you are mere fleas compared to the might of the Lord of Barad-dûr.Harry: And why would I want to serve a being that is restricted to existence as a giant eyeball on a tower, who sends petty emissaries to lie to us and try and crush us with despair? If Sauron had the One Ring, he would not send something as pitiful as you out to 'negotiate' with us. [Beat] You spoke of whether any of us were fit to negotiate with you. When I look at my companions I see people of power, nobility, impeccable lineage and courage. You have the Royal House of Rohan, whose current King fought the Witch King of Angmar, a millennia old sorcerous wraith and your master's second to a draw. You have the new King of Gondor and Arnor, who under the name of Thorongil burnt out your miserable lair of Umbar and other deeds too numerous to name. You have Gandalf the White, a being of such power and wisdom that you could not know or understand a fraction of his thoughts, who was sent back by Eru himself to face your Master's evil after fighting a dark creature of the same order as your Master to the death. And then you have me. I, who faced a Balrog of Morgoth, Durin's bane, and lived to tell the tale, I who fought Saruman the accursed and cast him down, I who drove the Witch King of Angmar into the earth with a power this world has not witnessed since the elder days, I who killed a Dark Wizard of equal power to any of the Nazgul in single combat at the age of 17, after drawing at the age of 14 and driving him off at 11. And that is just the beginning, you miserable piece of Black Numenorean slime. My fellow wizards and witches have faced dark wizards whose cruel deeds and power would curdle the blood in your veins since they were little more than children. All my other companions have been slaughtering your master's minions in uncountable numbers. I think Sauron is frightened. He has seen his greatest servants fended off and destroyed, some by myself personally, by our power. [Beat] And what are you in comparison to that? You are simply the latest and by far the most pitiful of his attempts to destabilise us. Run back to your Master, wretch, grovel in front of him and tell him that he is right to fear us. We have courage, steel, powers your master will never understand and the strength to wield them effectively. Go, now, while we feel merciful, you worthless piece of shit. Or I will fight you to the pain. I feel I should explain at this point what that means. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose. After that, you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right. But your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear Eru! What is that thing?" will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.
Harry: But they probably do that anyway, don't they? So you hide yourself behind a mask of metal and words that drip foul poison, hiding your twisted visage and soul from the world because you can't bear others seeing it. You serve the biggest bully because you think he can protect you from the screams and contempt as people see how far you have debased yourself in your fruitless quest for power.
- Then he follows it up with a Breaking Speech of his own:
- In My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna raise the sun and the moon, and phrases used in the series such as "thank Celestia," "for Celestia's sake," and "as Celestia is my witness" being thrown around in the show suggest a divine status, though of course you can't throw the word 'goddess' around in a kids' show. Fanfic authors greatly enjoy writing Badass Boasts for them.I have survived more than a millennium for every year that youve existed. Do not presume to lecture me on the nature of power, Twilight Sparkle.Princess Luna from "Duel Nature""CAPTAIN, WE ARE PRINCESS LUNA OF THE NIGHT, MAIDEN OF THE STARS AND MOON, AND RULER OF THIS LAND! IN TIMES OF WAR AND STRIFE, WE HAVE TORN THE VERY SOULS FROM OUR ENEMIES BODIES AND LEFT THEM AS NOTHING BUT LIFELESS HUSKS. WE HAVE THROWN THOSE WHO OPPOSED US INTO THE FURNACES OF DISTANT STARS TO BURN ALIVE FOR ETERNITY. WE HAVE ENTERED THE MINDS OF OUR FOES AND INFLICTED UPON THEM THE EXPERIENCE OF SUFFERING FOR DECADES, WHILE ONLY MOMENTS PASSED IN REALITY. NOW WE ARE GOING TO GIVE YOU ONE FINAL CHANCE, DO NOT THROW IT AWAY SO LIGHTLY. MOVE! ASIDE! NOW!"Another quote from Princess Luna from "Duel Nature"
- Celestia can also pull off a few good Badass Boasts:"HEAR ME NOW, I AM CELESTIA THE UNDIMMED, PRINCESS OF THE SOLAR ORB! THE BLOOD OF THIS LAND BURNS BRIGHT IN MY VEINS AND BRAVE PONIES WEEP IN AGONY AT MY GLORY! TENS OF THOUSANDS OF GENERATIONS HAVE CRUMBLED TO DUST IN MY WAKE, AND TENS OF THOUSANDS OF GENERATIONS MORE WILL FOLLOW BEFORE I AM SPENT! ALL THIS POWER IS AT MY COMMAND, AND YET I HAVE BUT ONE THING TO DECLARE TO YOU THIS DAY!"The sun above flared from yellow to dazzling blue-white."I DO NOT LIKE TEA."Princess Celestia from Princess Celestia Hates Tea
- The God Empress of Ponykind:
- Celestia gets a few, being The Emperor and all, such as this one during her fight against Queen Metamorpha:"You are nothing! You are no more than a child lashing out against forces they could never understand! I am the Bane of Chaos, the Anathema, the Light of the Immaterium and Beacon for all whom travel its currents! I am the Empress of Ponykind, the mightiest being to have ever walked the land, and I shall smite you and purge your pathetic race from this earth for daring to challenge my power!"
- There's also her comment during her and Luna's fight with the Windigos in the Warp:"I am the fire that burns in the heart of every stallion, mare and foal... I am the Morning Star, the Light in the shadows of the Immaterium and Beacon to all that wander it... I am the Anathema, the Bane of Chaos and Butcher of the Ruinous Powers. I am the God Empress of Ponykind, the most powerful being to have ever lived... And the Warp is mine to command."
- Commander Icewind to Sombra when the latter takes over the Crystal Kingdom:"You wish to take over the Crystal Kingdoms inhabitants? You may as soon as the last of my blood has been spilled!"
- Later, Blackmane during the siege of Aesir Pass:"Know this, Servants of Sombra! I am Blackmane, Wolf Lord and loyal servant of Icewind and Equestria! My ancestors tamed this land eons before your kind even had a coherent thought! I have slain wolves and other beasts with my bare hooves, killed Diamond Dogs and minotaurs in service to my lord and my Empress! And you? You are nothing compared to a true warrior, and I will slaughter you and your ilk with nary an ill thought!"
- Celestia gets another one during the Siege of Canterlot when fighting the Shadowbolts:"Did you really think that you pathetic wastes of flesh could stand against me? I forged this world from dust and breathed life into it. I commanded the celestial bodies, and they moved at my words. I defeated the Windigoes and stood in the face of Discord, and you think that your gods will grant you victory over me? Your gods lead you to destruction, and I am more than happy to deliver it."
- The sequel The Warmistress of Equestria continues the trend. Anlindē and Luna trade a couple in Chapter 4. First, when Luna finds and tries to arrest her for using the Warp:Anlindē: I will not be treated like some beast! I am Anlindē, Seer of the Clan Elynia, devoted leader of deer, and I will erase you from existence for your intrusion!
Luna: You may be a powerful mage, deer. But I am the Warmistress of Equestria, sister of Celestia, Empress of Ponykind and Forger of Worlds. And I shall make you suffer for threatening my subjects.
- Then, when Luna No Sells her attack and prepares to actually start fighting:
- Celestia gets a few, being The Emperor and all, such as this one during her fight against Queen Metamorpha:
- In the Portal 2 fanfic "Cake and Lies", Alternate Dimension/Wheatley delivers an hilarious one to GLaDOS after she insults him one time too many and he is escaping the test chambers:
- Wheatley: I HAVE A BLOODY DOCTORATE!GLaDOS: YOU'RE STILL A MORON!Wheatley: THAT'S DOCTOR MORON TO YOU!
- Getting Back on Your Hooves: During the Mane Cast's final confrontation with Checker Monarch in a dreamscape, she threatens them by transforming into an alicorn. They're not impressed, and Rarity explains why:Rarity: It's hard to be intimidated by a fake Alicorn, when you've dealt with the real thing. We're the ones who beat Nightmare Moon and Discord. You didn't know that, did you?
- They then proceed to kick her ass.
- The Prayer Warriors exchange them with Hades during the last chapter of The Evil Gods Part 1.Hades: "Fools of want to play fools game. You will never be able to defeat me. No one can beat me, not even God and his eternal begotten son Jesus Christ. They all fear me, and there is no way even a Christian can defeat me. No sword can stab me, because any stabs to me is creates no harm at all! And I am a master in sword fighting, greater than anything. I am the greatest of all the false gods of the Greek. There is no way on earth that you can beat me!"Prayer Warriors: "We are in hell, not on earth, and we have a weapon greater than a sword." (they kill him through prayer). "This is one lesson you should learn, never take on a Prayer Warrior! We will win all the time, for God is on our side!"
Clarisse: "To all those that want to fight me, beware, God is on my side. Jesus will have his revenge on Soviet Russia. Soon a greater Prayer Warrior coming and he will kill you communist leader John Lennon. Amen."
- Clarisse gets one before her death in Threat of Satanic Commonism
- In Equal & Opposite Attraction, Negi is testing Nanoha in her capacity as a magic fighter. She out-maneuvers him and powers up a Starlight Breaker:
- In The Pride of Sunnydale, Xander delivers this example: "I am a vampire hunter with over a hundred kills, I have slain an Octress Hound, an M'doka Fire Breather, a Sungoh, a Frangth, a Dessemer, and the last of the Brotherhood of Seven. I bested and slew the Vampire Warriors Three in free combat, and destroyed the demon Moloch the Corrupter."
- For the sake of context, he was possessed by a lion instead of a hyena and retained the possession."
- Tenhawk's Journeyverse contains several examples. One of the simplest is from Year Zero: East Coast and Down: "I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself... I'm Xander Harris, Independent Demon Hunter. I save the world."
- From We Three Kings: "Nice weapon." Xander said, standing in full armored glory a bare twelve feet from the demon lord as it reached it's feet again, "but I wield Elanthielle. Sister weapon to Excalibur, Mjolnir, Sienele, and Turok. Let's see who has the most powerful ally in this battle, Demon. My money ain't on you."
- In the chapter 24 of Tengen Toppa Gurren Solvernia, Nia gives three badass boasts in sucession:
Yoko: "With the memories of the man we loved!Nia: "We move together towards a new future!"Yoko: "The prayer of a maiden is heard!"Nia: "The tide of battle is turned upside down!"Both: "SISTERLY COMBINING! DAYAKKAISER SOLVERNIA!"Nia: "Who..."Yoko: In the hell...]]Both: "DO YOU THINK WE ARE?"
- First: "My brother loved me! But now he's dead! He's gone! But his love is still with me! In my heart, and in my memories that is where he continues to live! And even without him as long as our spirits remain unbroken, he will always live! And we will be able to fight back all the worst nightmares of the world! Dawn IS coming! I AM NIA THE DIGGER, WE ARE TEAM DAI-GURREN, AND WE KNOW THAT THE DAWN IS COMING!"
Nia: "Emerging from the shadows of despair!"Prince Simon: "The sword of our souls cleaves through the darkness!"Nia: "Armored by our courage "Simon: "...and our trust in our friends!"Both: "The Great Protector! The Knight of Dai-Gurren!"
I am no one's doll!"YOU LOWLY HUMANS COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND! THE MIGHT, THE INEXHAUSTIBLE POWER THAT FLOWS FROM THE SPIRAL THRONE OUT TO THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE WORLD AND EVEN INTO THE DEPTHS OF SPACE! HOW COULD YOU APPRECIATE ITS ABSOLUTE GLORY? HOW COULD YOU COMPREHEND THE MARVELLOUS FEATS OF THE SPIRAL KING, SOVEREIGN OVER ALL THE EARTH? YOU CANNOT! YOU DARE TO DOUBT HIS INFINITE SPLENDOUR? BLASPHEMY! HERESY! SHEER SHORTSIGHTED ARROGANCE! ALL SHALL PERISH BEFORE THE ENDLESS MIGHT OF THE SPIRAL EMPIRE! ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE HIS MIGHT, AS IS RIGHT! NONE WILL BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND OUR COSMIC STRENGTH, OUR DIVINE HONOR! AND WHEN AAAALL HAS FALLEN THERE WILL BE NOUGHT BUT OUUUUUR EVERLAAAAAAAAAASTING VEEEEEEEHCTOOOOOOOORRRYYYYYY!"
- Straea, leader of the Beauty Village, also got tired of Guame's manipulations and finally grows a spine:
- Kiyal found him be hilarious, and developed romantic interest in him because of this.
- Burning Black has this in Act 4, Chapter 22, when Remy and Timmy face off at the lot of Dark Spire 2. Timmy has spent the past few hours going through the worst possible night he's ever been through, is running on magical fumes, and Remy has just impaled him on a sword not two minutes ago when he finally gets fed up and growls this out:"You have really, really gotten on my nerves tonight, Remy. You've kidnapped my friends, you hurt your own fairy, you teamed up with pixies to murder Timmy Turner, you threw my anti-fairies out a window while they were hurt, you clocked me on the head with a freaking fireplace poker, and worst of all, ruined the dress Caleb bought for me!"The boy billionaire's eyes seemed to just bug out of his head at the list of crimes."So you know what? I'm going to tell you something, and you'd better listen good, because I'm only saying it once." [[He takes Remy's dagger out of his hand and holds it up to show him.]] "I am an immortal; I can never die. I can take this dagger, which has your name written on it, and stab myself in the heart with it. Just stab it right in there. It'll hurt, but it won't kill me. I'll bleed all over it, and then I'll send it to the police, with a note, that says 'Remy Buxaplenty used this knife to kill Timothy Neogene, adopted son of Hounder and heir to the Hounder Organization.'""And then I'll go to your house and lie down on the floor and wait. Wait for the cops to show up and take pictures and collect evidence and put me in a body bag for autopsy. And you'll be hauled in and arrested and charged with my murder. And I'll just get up and walk out of the morgue. Just like that.""Now, Remy, be glad, so very glad, I'm the good guy."Cue Timmy singlehandedly destroying a 500 foot tall spire with a snap of his fingers by launching it into the skies and detonating it as a magic missile.[[Whispers]]"Run."
- The Kings In The Mountains has Gilgamesh deliver one to the Reapers as they invade.You! You yourselves are the ones who come to conquer my kingdom? It has shattered, and my people have fallen and they have forgotten those golden times, but all this world is mine! And you think you will take it? Machines, tools? You think you can destroy even the pathetic fragments which are left of my realm?Let me show you what tools I have. Let me show you what submits to me!You come for my kingdom's destruction? Then learn of creation! Learn of how Heaven and Earth were divided and Hell was sealed below! Learn it from the tool of the gods which was Creation itself! Learn this and die!
- The Immortal Game has Twilight's comment during her last fight with General Esteem (in a Shout-Out to [PROTOTYPE]), when he realizes she's become too strong for him and attempts to flee."Where have you run to now? Nothing can save you from me, Esteem! Not ponies! Not puppets! Not gods!"
"I am Twilight Sparkle, and I am the end of war."
- She gets another big one near the end of the story.
- Thinking In Little Green Boxes has the following from the "Punisher's War Journal":I've finally figured out how to bypass the defenses of Voldemort's hideout. It was actually easier than dealing with the Mob, since Death Eaters aren't quite as good as taking pain as they are dishing it out. They also have absolutely no experience or talent for psychological warfare or interrogation, rather they just choose to cast a few spells and expect things to work. They also don't expect people to be able to dodge. They called me a muggle, whatever that means, I called them target practice.
- This Bites! has Cross using his story knowledge about the Will of D. to deliver a scathing one to Eneru. While Eneru is hitting him with lightning bolts. In between dry heaving from the sheer pain of it, and internally worrying about how everything is starting to smell like burnt toast.
- Cross:Like I said, I can't deny that you're powerful But all-powerful? Not even close. Now, let me share something with you: the power that you can find on the Blue Seas.That hole that you just punched in the ground? I can name at least five people off the top of my head who could do that in their sleep. I can name three who could match them blow for blow without any powers of their own. And another who can take anything those guys dish out and come back for more. And that's just the top tiers.You may be powerful, but you're only anything special up here, in your little cloudy world that's just a puddle compared to the real world down below us. When I compare you to the strongest warriors in the seapirate, Marine, or World Governmentyou're not a god. You're not powerful, you're not impressive, you're not even special. All you are is pathetic. And if you tried going up against the monsters down there, you'd get your sorry gold-plated ass handed to you in ten. Seconds. FLAT. Just like every other hot-headed Logia.Eneru: There is never, has never, and will never be anybody like me, you insignificant worm.Cross: Pff PffhahahahahaaaaEneru: What's so funny?Cross: You think that you're so special That you're unique well, that idea is just so hilarious especially because you actually think it's trueDo you think you're the only one who lords his powers over others? Who reigns with an iron fist and who strikes down all who speak against him?N-no there are hundreds who do that, every. Single. Day. And they do it better than you or worse, as it wereDo you think that you're the only one who takes pleasure in the suffering of others? Who throws their head back and laughs at the agonized screams they cause as if it were all some great joke?Like hell There are thousands who torture and cause harm and who enjoy it and most don't even know that they like itDo you think that you're the only one who thinks they're invincible? Who thinks so highly of themselves that they think they're unbeatable untouchable so far above everyone else that they're just ants?hat's hilarious but no. There are more people like that in the world than I can count There are so many just so manyMen like you you always think you're one-of-a-kind But that's not true. You're one-of-a-million. Perfectly uniform So many of you that you're choking the world, one evil act at a time If you want unique then you need to look at the other end of the spectrum.Grgh! You need to get a new schtick, jackass, because that's starting to just tickle.Eneru: And who would you claim to be unique, hm? You?Cross: PFHA! As if! No, no, I'm worse than unique I'm normal. I'm no more unique than you. How's that for a kick! (gets kicked) AGH!I'm as normal as it comes Inside and out, just your everyday guy. People like me people who can't stand bullies people who won't let anyone push them around no matter what People who won't let bastards like you get away with shit like this who won't hold their tongues, over shit like this even if it means they get the crap kicked out of them even if it could kill them There's less of us than you, sure but I'm not unique. I'm the norm.Eneru: Then who? If not you or I, then who do you deem to be unique?Cross: There's a little-known saying on the Blue Seas, passed down from generation to generation for centuries: 'D. will bring forth a storm.' The D.s bring change, they bring upheaval and renewal and above all, they are the enemy of the gods, whether they know it or not. And of the D.s alive in this current generation? I'd have to say that Monkey D. Luffy is the best example there is.Eneru: The ignoramus you so foolishly follow? I will grant you that he is unique in one sense, and that his strength is above norm, but that is all.Heh keep on hitting me if you want, but there are two things that are going to happen no matter what you do: you're going to fight my captain. And you're going to lose.
- Madhouse is full of these from the Chaos Gods and their followers, complete with Break Them by Talking, discussions on What Is Evil?, recruitment offers, and Badass Boasts. It is 2975 words of despair. And then one lone Imperial priest shuts. Them. All. Up.So come on, lost children. Weve all made our choices, and now those choices have made us. I shall bring you into His light with cleansing flame and prayers, and redeem us all in death. Come one or come all, you shall not put a foot into this hallowed ground while I still draw breath.For I have faith, and that is enough.
- Coincidences and Misunderstandings has a rather dark one when Beast Boy threatens Raven over the fact she's apparently dating Jinx.Raven: "Let me be clear, Garfield Mark Logan. You will keep silent about my outing, not out of loyalty or friendship, but because you know how quickly I can destroy you should you get in my way. Speak, and I will demonstrate exactly how cruel the daughter of Trigon the Terrible can be."Beast Boy: "Except you're not your father! The four of us can take you on."Raven: "If you couldn't even scratch Him, how could you possibly hope to defeat His killer?"
- Calvin and Hobbes: The Series: Calvin attempts one as Batboy:"I am Batboy! Defeater of all evil and evil like things. The new form of bat super hero mutant things! The new form of humans who have bat DNA! And you can not possibly..."
Calvin: Well, I have news for you! You're not taking a bit of Jethrick back to Planton V! But I do have something else you can take back to your people.
- He later manages to deliver a proper one after going through a lot of Character Development, and it astounds the rest of the cast:
Nesbin: What's that?
Calvin: A word of warning! As long as the Supreme Earth Potentate is around, Annkor... is ... defended!
- For all that he tends to suffer from The Worf Effect, Kakashi gives an awesome one to the Slender Man in Black Flames Dance in the Wind: Rise of Naruto.Kakashi: "You're wasting your time. You couldn't break my father, and you will not break me. So go ahead, do what you want. Peek out from behind corners. Stand over me while I sleep. Follow me wherever I go. It makes no difference. At this point, there is nothing you can do to me, and nothing you can take from me. You did your worst, and I made you bleed on your own turf. So try me; we'll see how tough you are in MY world."
- In Magical Pony Lyrical Twilight, a crossover between My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and Lyrical Nanoha, when Princess Celestia needed to let the Belkan navy know why what it would be a very bad idea for them to target Equestria, this was what she had to say.Princess Celestia: Let me explain something to you, Wilhelm Albrecht the Second, Admiral of the Fourth Fleet, because it seems that you are woefully unaware of the forces with which you treat. I am Princess Celestia of Equestria. In the ancient tongue of the dragons, I am Vaal Kreinsejun and Vaal Unslaad Yol, the Sun-Queen and the Eternal Fire. To the zebra tribes I am mama wa majira ya joto, the mother of summer. To the griffon clans, I am the sun-tyrant and the witch-princess. And to your Sankt Kaiser, I was Kind der Sonne, Sun-Child. I am fire and heat and light. I bring dawn and dusk, and warmth and order follows in my wake. I am older and brighter than the very stars and I bow to nobody. You think your fleet invincible. You think yourself unbeatable. However, should your ships dare to enter my worlds borders, I will be more than happy to prove you wrong. Your machines will melt. Your fleet will be turned to glowing slag. Your soldiers will die burning and blind, and you yourself will be reduced to nothing more than ash. Because it does not matter how great your fleet is. It does not matter how many machines or men you have, nor how thick your armor or how powerful your magic. I will turn the full fury of the sun upon you without hesitation. You. Will. Burn.
- Justice League of Equestria:
- The Princess of Themyscira:
"Come, you spawns of hell! Come and face me, and I swear by Athena and the gods of Olympus that I shall send you back to the pit from whence you came!"
- Diana's statement when facing down Ares' demonic army:
"Did you honestly think you could challenge me?! I am the God of War! I killed thousands during the War in Heaven! I drove Nightmare Moon from the steps of Olympus, and I broke the walls of Tartarus! Why do you not see that anything you do is pointless, Amazon?!"
- Ares himself gets a villainous one during the climatic fight between him and Diana:
- The Princess of Themyscira:
- Sonic X: Dark Chaos
"The Son of Man didn't come to be served... but to serve up your ass on a platter!"
- Maledict introduces himself with an epic one in Episode 63."I am who I AM. I am the Master of the Emeralds. I am the god of this world, the Evil One, prince of the powers of the air. My eyes bring perdition, my hands reap what is sown. My words strike fear into the hearts of mortals. I am Lord of the Demons, Conqueror and Unifier of the universe. I am the roaring lion that devours the souls of my enemies! I am the Old Serpent, the Dragon that cleanses the stars, maker of all the dark places of creation. I am the devil, the one called Satan!
- In Episode 75, Jesus gets an awesome one too;
- Maledict introduces himself with an epic one in Episode 63.
- Worldwar: War of Equals: When the Race invade Iran, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad declares Jihad on the alien invaders, stating that "It is the sacred duty of every Muslim to destroy the reptilian invaders from hell."
- Ichigo gives one regarding Tatsuki in After The Fairy Tale Ends.Ichigo: "Come back when you've got a captain's haori. Matter of fact, come back when you've got a captain's haori and two friends that also have captain's haoris. No, better make that three friends, because by the time you're at that level it will take at least four captains to hold me back."
- Shinji gives one to a Leviathan in the Neon Genesis Evangelion/Mass Effect cross over Alpha and Omega.Leviathan: "WHO ARE YOU TO STAND BEFORE US, TINY ONE?"Shinji: "I am Lilim, the last Angel. I am also Adam and Lilith, the first Angels. I represent the beginning and end of all things as well as everything that came between. Who are you... to stand before me?"
- In System Restore, Togami, having survived the first murder in this fic, gives one to the rest of the students when they're assembled after the second murder, inviting the murderer to confess.Togami: Yes, you heard me. I know you're listening. We've solved a murder before, and we'll do it again. You know what this entails, and you can save us all a lot of trouble by confessing now. Go on.
- ''The Warlord Era: Internal Perspectives by Blex Luthor finishes gang leader Sai Mock's monologue with:Sai Mock: Let 'em come. I've stood against hurricanes. Against gangsters. Against lawmen. Against armies. The Pig Pen couldn't kill me. The Liquid Swordsman couldn't kill me. The Yasuki still can't kill me. These silk shirts won't either. I went into the Tong Wars as a boy and came out as a king. I am exactly who I say I am. My branches reach far and my roots run deep. I'm ready. Let 'em come.
- Another MLP example: The Twilight Child:
Midday: You're a firecracker, Trixie. Me? I am the sun.
- When the main character's been on the receiving end of a "Freaky Friday" Flip from Trixie for humiliating her. After talking Trixie out of running, she decides to point out one last thing, as a warning.
Queen Chrysalis: You haven't stopped me, and you haven't slowed me down. You're the weaker of the two sisters and we both know it, so the fact that I beat your sister so easily doesn't say much for your chances. So why oh why are you smiling?Princess Luna: Well, you do have your army, and all that stolen love you're being fuelled by, which I presume requires access to Shining Armor to maintain, and you are, without a doubt, a difficult opponent. Most of the foes I've fought were brainless brutes, or the occasional animated corpse, but there's something I have that you don't. (glances up at the sky)Queen Chrysalis: Really? What's that? Suicidal overconfidence? I'm stronger, faster, more powerful than you "princess", so why are you smiling?Princess Luna: (grins) Because, I brought my dog. (Cue Changeling Queen being Trampled Underfoot by Cerberus.)
- As Princess Luna and the Changeling Queen are fighting, and the Changeling Queen is beating Luna, she asks what she's got.
- RWBY: Reckoning has Sky Lark threatening Darrel with Cardin's supposed power. Darrel isn't intimidated.Darrel: Lark, I rode and controlled a Nevermore during initiation. I sent a Boarbatusk crashing through five walls with one single punch. I let myself get swallowed by a Wahtani with a time bomb strapped to my back, so I could detonate it in its stomach. You think Cardin could beat me? I'd like to see. Him. Try.
- The Bleach fic Hell Butterfly has Yamamoto and Barragan face off, and they battle in Badass Boasts more than in actual combat.
- In A Protector's Pride Orihime gets an awesome one.Orihime: "This is my power. You may be able to rot away flesh, bone and sinew. You may be able to decompose earth and metal and even dissipate reiatsu. But my technique is based on none of those, nothing but the eternal force of my will to protect! This is my power, Baraggan, Lord of Hueco Mundo! This power that intrudes on Kami's territory! The power to reject and reshape reality! And I reject you and your power! Tsubaki! Koten Zanshun! I reject!"
Yamamoto: "Allow me to tell you exactly whom you are dealing with. My name is Yamamoto Genryusai Shigekuni. I have lived for millennia, in times of war and in times of peace. I have made damning mistakes. I have won impossible victories. I have committed terrible atrocities, ordered and led utter genocide, not once, not twice, but thrice in the name of world balance, in the name of sanity, in the name of the human soul. I am he who conquered Soul Society and united the strongest under my rule! I am he who fought and survived the First Quincy, Yhwach, one thousand years ago, destroying his powers! I have had one thousand years since then to increase my powers, Hell! Now taste the ever-burning flame of my soul! Bankai! Zanka no Tachi. Now... can the fires of Hell compare to me?"
- Yamamoto gives a brilliant one to Hell.
- In Aurora, Luna gives a serious one to Dawnbringer right before the Final Battle:"Your life is the blink of an eye. I have slain more creatures than you could even imagine. I saved this world, and then brought it to its knees. Your power means nothing to me!"
- A Brief History of Equestria: Talonhoof the Reviled' only message to the newly-formed Equestrian government, sewn onto the flank of a pony he allowed to escape from his clutches in the place of his cutie mark.Talonhoof the Reviled: I Come. Through the License of my Hate-Forged Will, I Come. With my Wings and my Talons I Dominate the Base Earth as I Come for You. I am the Scourge of the Spirits. For if you had not committed great sins I would not exist. My Air Legions shall darken the Skies. My Dog Hordes will sunder the earth. With my lance I will gut all I survey. I Am Talonhoof. I Am Coming.
- The Thor fanfic Ordinary Love is an AU in which Odin banishes both Thor and Loki to Midgard, and chapter 29 has this from Frigga:Frigga: (upon being told that Thor and Loki are in danger) Tell [Sif] my sons both of my sons are to be retrieved. At any cost. If not, Midgard shall learn the wrath of the All-Father can pale in comparison to my own.
- In Getting It Right, when threatened by three Shinigami, Ichigo has this to say:Ichigo: "I eat Bankais and Arrancar for breakfast."
- In Life After Hayate Tiida Lanster gives one on behalf of his companion, Vita Yagami, when speaking to Number Seven on the Bureau's Most Wanted list. After tell the criminal that he's there to negotiate a surrender, and Vita is there to kill the criminal if Tiida fails, the criminal threatens to kill his hostages.Tiida: "That only gives her an excuse. You know I have to try and stop you then, and that means letting her do what she does best. Belkan Knights don't think in terms of minimum acceptable force. She's a Wolkenritter. The only thing she cares about is the quickest and most efficient way to render you inert. She doesn't care if you survive it. You can kill the hostages, you can even take a shot at killing me. But it won't solve your problems and you won't be walking out of here that way."
- Moderately controversial Mega Crossover, The Open Door features one in a wedding proposal:Lars: Yeah, but you look and, most importantly, act like you're fifteen.Skuld: I am a goddess, twice over. Such things are trifling considerations.Lars: Oh, so it's a 'whose voice can get more reverb' pissing contest is it? Well I am a daemon, and while this form may be nascent, the essence within me can trace back tens of millions of years. I have infinity behind and before me. A paltry three millennia means nothing to me.Skuld: Then we have time to wait for you to get over your hang ups once we are through this, but so long as we fight with deities we do not have time in the present. We will marry
- The Equestrian Wind Mage: As they're trying to escape King Sombra, Shining Armor asks Maulgrim if he can run in all that armor. His response?Maulgrim: Little shrimp, I can run with a mountain on my back.
- In Origin Story, Alex Harris has a little "discussion" with Tony Stark on the SHIELD Helicarrier about her problems with how he's enforcing the Metahuman Registration Act:Alex Harris: I am unilaterally declaring Florida a free state. I am defending the Constitution, something you swore an oath to do when you took government office, I might point out.Tony Stark: But you can't...Harris: Oh can't I? What are you going to do, send in the army to catch one person? (grabs Stark by the lapels and lifts him into the air) "Here's what's about to happen. I'm going to leave. When I've left, you're going to turn this crate around, or so help me God, I will knock it out of the sky and into space. If I need your help, I'll ask for it. Until then, stay in New York!
- In a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann-inspired Chrono Cross fanfic Heaven-Smiting Masked Magician, Guile frequently gives out this.
- For starters: "Are you aware of who I am?"note
- Then there's one with a pose which is modified from Kamina's 'pierce the heavens'.
- "Let me tell you something important now. I am Guile the Masked Magician. I am a man of indomitable spirit and masculinity. I do the impossible, break the unbreakable, and beat the unbeatable." He paused. "With my magic," Guile clenched his right fist and raised it to the point his knuckles were facing the sky, before shouting, "I shall smite the heavens!"
- "I am Guile the Masked Magician. I am a man of indomitable spirit and masculinity. I do the impossible, break the unbreakable, and beat the unbeatable. My magic...is the magic that smites the heavens!"
- In Field Of Innocence, Lu Ten finds out that Ozai has been using training sessions as an excuse to physically abuse his children, and gives him a threat made of pure, undiluted Big Brother Instinct.Lu Ten: Now you listen to me, Uncle, and listen good. If you hurt either one of those kids again, if you say anything to make them feel bad, if you so much as look at them wrong, I will face you in an Agni Kai and I will break and humiliate you in front of the whole court. I don't care who you are. I don't care if our family is watching. I'll hold nothing back, I will destroy you!
- The Golden Age series has one courtesy of Commander Keelus, as he prepares to take on the Alternian Empire's attack."In this civilization, in our civilization, a helmsman commands his own ship!"
- In Kitsune no Ken: Fist of the Fox, Sai gives seven simple words in response to Aoi, to whom he's about to give a nasty No-Holds-Barred Beatdown as revenge for force-feeding him an overdose of drug-pills that put Sai into a coma and almost on the brink of death and for, just at that moment, attempting to rape Ino, Sai's love interest.Sai: Death knows better than to touch me.
- In Spark of Creation, Obito tries to prevent Naruto from destroying Pain's rinnegan by warping to their location with kamui, only for it to fail instantly and Naruto to warn him telepathically.Naruto: If I had wanted you to move, I'd have told you where you were going.
- The basic plot of To Be A King is that Merlin has been crowned king of the country Carthis. Since he's a bastard son and was a peasant for most of his life, a good Badass Boast is sometimes necessary to let everyone know exactly what they're dealing with.Merlin: I have survived more battles in the last eleven years than this entire kingdom has seen in over a century. I have fought trolls and griffins and questing beasts and sidhe. I have destroyed two immortal armies singlehandedly. I killed the High Priestess Nimueh with a single blow. I defeated the immortal spirit of Cornelius Sigan and held audience with the Fischer King himself. I alone among mortal men have survived the touch of the Dorocha. I have wielded the Cup of Life and held the power of Life and Death in my hands. I have seen the land of Avalon and glimpsed the future in the Crystal Cave. I have faced Morgana in battle and walked away the victor. Tell me, Lord Tennison, do you still think me untried?
- The epic Supernatural fic Down to Agincourt has Castiel mentioning that he's accurate with ranged weapons at a distance of up to a mile. Bewildered, Dean mentions the curvature of the Earth as a limiting factor.Castiel: I can calculate that in the time it takes to pull the trigger.
- Rip Van Winkle modifies her original boast in Zero's Bullet after becoming Louise's familiar."I am ze Huntress, Rip Van Winkle. Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, vizard or vastrel. My bullet punishes all vithout distinction!"
- In a Marvel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossover, a reincarnated Loki asks to modify Cerebro to find the kidnapped Dawn Summers but is warned that not even Tony Stark or Reed Richards could modify Cerebro successfully.Loki: Brilliant as their limited mortal minds are, I am Loki. And I am Xander Harris. There is no power in this or any other dimension that could prevent me from helping out my girls when they need me most. And right now they need me more than ever. Show me who has invoked my ire so that I might kill them.
- When the Big Bad of Old West is introduced and he's about to leave after unsuccessfully bribing and threatening the good guys, Rattlesnake Jake grabs him and gives his own threat before letting him go."Yer damned lucky the Sheriff's so soft. What's the matter, boy? Yer shakin' a little. How's it feel to be so helpless? In the face of death, it don't matter whether yer rich or poor, we all die in the end. Don't you ever forget that, 'cause one day I'm gonna be the one who comes callin' to claim yer soul. Now look into my eyes... I want you to remember them for the rest of yer life. 'Cause next time you see them this close, it'll be the last thing you ever see."
- In the Naruto alternate universe story The Empty Cage the true name of each Bijuu functions as both a way to identify them and a Badass Boast. Kyuubi is named Kuushou (the Burning Sky) as he is fully capable of setting the heavens aflame.
- In The Witch of the Everfree, when Sunset first enters the Everfree and gets into a fight with a manticore:Sunset: Youre not going to take me down that easily. Do you know who I am? Im Sunset Shimmer! I burned down half of a stone castle! I threw myself out of a train because I dont let ponies tell me what to do! I blew up my professors on purpose as part of my mid-term! Youre just a stupid monster and you dont have a snowballs chance in Tartarus against me!
Sunset: In case you hadnt heard, Im the strongest unicorn in Equestria, and Im villain enough for this town. Im going to send you back to the moon in pieces.
- Later on, after she's lost most of her excess Pride, she gives a much more understatedbut, if anything, even more effectiveone to Nightmare Moon:
- Infinity has several:
Amaterasu: "You ask me to do my worst? You delusional pocket calculator, you have never seen my worst."
- Amaterasu to Yggdrasil:
Susanoo: You talk about the Mistress of the Night Sky like such a thing could exist. Pay attention, you little speck. I am the god of thunder, Susanoo the Storm Emperor. Day or night, the lord of the sky is always me.
- Susanoo to Signum:
Bardiche: Photon Lancer: Deicide Shift
- Fate combines this with Calling Your Attack during her final battle against Susanoo:
- In A Boy, a Girl and a Dog: The Leithian Script, when badass elven king Fingolfin challenges God of Evil Morgoth, he yells:Fingolfin: "Come forth, you cowardly wretch and fight me if you dare, you king of slaves and shadows"
- Wonderful!: Even though Kaiser is a Nazi super-villain gang boss, his rallying speech is admittedly awesome:Kaiser: The vermin have overstepped their bounds! They believe that their pet Tinkers toys are enough to spread their filth in our city! They are wrong! We are the bastion that keeps their kind in their place! We will not be intimidated! We are the EMPIRE! Today, the sub-humans of the Merchants will PERISH!
- In chapter 32 of Beyond the Outer Gates Lies
A high school library? Harry Dresden deals one of these to the Big Bad of this arc after defeating his strongest avatar:Harry Dresden: You might not have heard what I told BB. But your Beholders are already done. I have the spells to track them, to block them, and to kill them. I am going to make those spells available to every magician, Devil, Fallen, Angel, Valkyrie, and any other supernatural being that wants them. Their days of being a near mythical phantom, untraceable and untouchable, are over. With any luck, in a year you won't dare send a Beholder anywhere that there might be any kind of magic user.And as for you. Maybe I can't kill you on my own. But I'm on good terms with the leaders of the Three Factions. Most of them owe me some favors, and I'm friends with the two you seem to fear the most. And I know five Longinus users. Two of them would help me if I asked and the other three I might not be on good terms with, but I can easily push their buttons to get them to do what I want. And that's just the simple connectionsGive me a reason, Argus. And I will gather up every god, demi-god, and god-killer I can, and I will sic them on you. We will find whatever hole you are hiding in. And then you won't have to worry about Hera's curse anymore.Comprende?
- The Jackie Chan Adventures and W.I.T.C.H. crossover Kage has this one from Jade, as she accepts the circumstances she's currently in:"I am Jade Chan, the girl that defies all odds, either on Earth or Meridian. Look out Meridian, for Jade Chan is here."
- Shirou Emiya drops a pretty epic on in A Demon Lord's Hero.Shirou: Immortal? You think you're an immortal?Answer me this my Lord Phenex. Can an immortal bleed?Once, Immortals were real. They roamed this earth as real as you and me, and could be found in every land. Gods who existed since the dawn of time and would be here at it's end. Supreme beings that would never die, Primordial entities who knew neither pain nor suffering, omnipotent demons who could not bleed, They were plentiful, those immortals, who never needed to fear the touch of death or comprehend the meaning of an end.Then one day, they simply stopped existing.Nineteen years ago, every immortal, every undying being lost their immortality. Those gods of old could no longer escape death's embrace, and have learned the meaning of an end.Something happened, an event occurred which made the immortals no longer untouchable, stripping them of their invulnerability, making it a lie.And that event nineteen years ago was a birth.My birth.I was born, and on that day immortality became no more.Immortality became but a myth, nothing but a fairytale. And so long I live and breathe it will continue to be so.Because in this world, there is nothing,NothingThat I cannot kill.Would you like to see how an immortal dies Lord Phenex?Or would rather take this oppurtunity to resign?
- The fan-made theme] for Taiyang Xiao Long, the father of both Ruby and Yang, is a Badass Boast in musical form. Specifically, old school rock style."I am the father, now hear me roar
You've made a big mistake, I'm here to settle the score
I know your methods and I can see
you've taken liberties with all that is dear to me
I kept my distance to give them space
but if you cross the line, I'll meet you face to face, yeah
I didn't come to negotiate
You've lit the powder keg, and I'm gonna detonate"."So heads up, give me your attention
I forgot to mention the pain in store
I'm gonna bring down thunder like you've never seen
Spare me the lectures, I ain't here for justice
I don't care what causes you're fighting for
This is a showdown — I hope you came prepared to bleed
'cause tonight you're gonna answer to me""I've been in mourning for twelve long years
I'm here to break these chains, I've come to bury the fear
I've woken up from the fitful sleep
This is my cross to bear, I've got a charge to keep
I made a promise to raise them right
Guarded and kept them safe; I taught them how to fight
But if their shelter is blown away
I'll be the firewall, and there will be hell to pay""So come on, show me what you're made of
I am not afraid of this juggernaut
I'm packing vengeance, enough to bring you to your knees
Give me your best shot, I can take the damage
Don't care what advantage you think you've got
Pull out the big guns, tap into your armory
Put 'em up so you can answer to me""You can rest assured there's nothing I will not endure
if it will keep my children far away from pain
I have seen the cost of all the battles I have lost
and I am not about to let this end the same
This will be the measure of devotion to my treasures
They're the only future I have ever known
They are all I've got, so I will give it one more shot
'Cause all I really have to fear is that I might end up alone""I've got only one ambition
Lighting the ignition to burn you down
Start up the wreckage, turn it all into debris
This is the last stand, this is my conviction
I'll take this infliction and stand my ground
No more surrender, this will be my legacy
So get up; it's time to answer to me"
- With This Ring: "Power rings are awesome."
- Or, to elucidate on the above boast;Orange Lantern: Do you see this ring? This is an example of the most powerful tool ever devised by a species that reached the limits of the technology curve, and then used their knowledge to build more curve for themselves. While I am in no sense an expert in it's application, I am more than up to the task, of taking down, three baseline Humans, armed with primitive weapons.
- It should be noted that, while the above boast is indeed badass, one of the baseline humans armed with primitive weapons does actually manage to take him down a peg.
- He later gets one on his behalf via Kon.Kon: (said to the Justice League) Aren't you people supposed to be good at this!? If this had happened to any of us, Paul would already have ten plans by now! (Later, after Paul has temporarily contained the Ophidian, and is thinking of ways to contain it indefinitely) ...See? Ten plans.
Paulphidian: Your communications are still intact. I know you can understand me. And I want you to understand me when I tell you this. And I want you to relay it to every other unit your people have on Earth and Mars and anywhere else. Are you listening? Yes? What I'm going to do is, I'm going to tell you where you went wrong.This planet? It's called Earth. It's not really all that important to the wider universe, pretty primitive, a bit out of the way, but, it's mine. Mine. That building is mine. You damaged it and I had to repair it. I could live with that. But what I can't live with is what you've done to the people. My friends. Because, you see ahem, THESE PEOPLE ARE MINE! AND NO ONE TAKES WHAT IS MINE FROM ME! (Proceeds to curbstomp)
- And an earlier if unconventional one from Paulphidian to the aliens in the training scenario.
- Or, to elucidate on the above boast;
- Pokémon Reset Bloodlines has a few pop up. The first notable one came from Charizard, temporarily stuck in his Charmander form again.Charmander: I am Charmander, you out of shape fish! I will not be defeated by you! I will defeat you! I will defeat your entire team myself! I will smite you all, and burn you all, and make you regret that you ever evolved! You will be nothing but a footnote as I retake the sky that is rightfully mine!
Giovanni, at the sight of Solidad's new Mega Slowbro: This changes nothing.....I've fought such Pokemon before, I've defeated more impressive evolutions!"
- Giovanni later gives one to Solidad during their rematch.
Bill: I'm the Magikarp of the humans, destined to be mocked and laughed at until I... That's right, the so called useless Magikarp evolves into the mighty Gyarados! Gyarados, one of the most feared Pokemon in the world. Gyarados, a Pokemon capable of ending entire civilizations in a single day throughout history. If I'm the Magikarp of the humans, then I can certainly become the Gyarados of the humans!"
- The future 20 Gyarados Bill gives one as he begins to turn from 'random nobody' to 'one of the most infamous criminals in history'
- Lord Tydal of The God Squad does not like it when you threaten his adopted daughters/baby sisters
- Tydal: Let me ask you one question the question you should have asked before you dared to come to my home: are the alicorns protected? You arent the first of your kind to try this. The Chancellor and the Princess have already marched here with their grand armies to take the little ones. They came as you did with threats and warnings. They threatened me as you did they tried to kill me just as you did. And they doubted my power just as you have done, you sad little horse. They have done all this already so what happened to them? (reveals he's beheaded the two armies and left their heads to be eaten by the fish) It seems you have forgotten who I am; allow me to introduce myself: I am Tydal. I am the king of the Mareatine. I am the lord of the capricorn race. I am the god of the sea and one of the eldest of the immortals. I call your creator Mother and hold council with those those power dwarfs all in your silly little Equestria. But more importantly I am a father, a husband and a brother. Celestia and Luna are my sisters and under my protection. Three times Equestria has come to my door the next time I see a flick of a ponys tail my army will march upon your pathetic little country and I will raze it to the ground. Your stallions will be slaughtered, your mares used for our pleasure and your foals sold as slaves. I will burn your forests and salt the earth so nothing will grow again. I will burn the skies and cover the lands in darkness. I will personally come to your little Cloudsdale and I will rip it down from its high perch and crush it under my hooves. And only when this is all done will I finally come for you and your fellow rulers and then your agony will begin. I will visit death upon you a thousand times and still not let my brother the Reaper claim your souls. That is only a taste of what I will do if you EVER THREATEN MY LITTLE SISTERS AGAIN! So in a word Commander run.
- In Divided And Entwined, Fudge and Amelia Bones threaten Dumbledore's position at Hogwarts. Dumbledore, whose loyalty to the Ministry has been already been fraying due to the former's boneheaded attempts at appeasement, takes time to remind them why he is the only wizard Voldemort feared, and what will happen if he becomes its enemy.Dumbledore: I am growing tired of struggling to protect the innocents while remaining within the bounds of laws passed by inept and corrupt people. I would suggest you stop pushing me, before you go too far. Neither of you know what a real war is like. Ask some of the few remaining British wizards and witches who fought at my side in Grindelwalds War and you might understand why they and all of Europe scoff when you talk of the Blood War twenty years ago that you fear so much. Ask, and then ask yourself if you truly wish to have me as your enemy. For if it comes to it, I will not merely fight you, I will wage war against you as I did against Grindelwald.
- The Stronger Evil has this from Shendu during his fight with Tarakudo in Chapter 11, which he is holding at a draw even while still Sealed Evil in a Can:
- Seija gives one in We Are The Others when her knowledge of aerial combat is questioned.Seija: You've had airships for a while, but to me, you've only just taken your first uncertain steps into the sky. And you don't even know how you're doing that much. You just use your 'windstones' to do it for you. My kind has been in the air since before your society even existed. To you it's new, but to us it's not even worth a spare thought. You have been bound to the land for most of your existence, but the sky has never been closed to us. Do not presume to know more about matters of flight than I do; you know nothing at all about it.
- Forum of Thrones: In a work of such length, there's guaranteed to be quite a couple of them.
- Much like in the source material, the house words are meant to include one. The most prominent example is House Raylan's "We Write History", which at first seems to be a rather straightforward description of their role in the society of Westeros, until you remember another popular saying about history.
- Though he is weakened by a serious wound and having pushed himself to his limits, Terroma manages to deliver an impressive one when he faces Noelle and Marak.Noelle: "I've been awaiting you, Old Man. Come closer, into the light. Warm yourself at our fire, for the night is dark, and full of terrors"Terroma: "The night might be dark, priestess, but I am the only terror you have to fear"
- Argella Durrandon is very fond of giving these to remind everyone that she is every bit the badass her father is.
- A villainous one goes to Cleaver Clint Volmark, spoken to a man he is about to kill during the raid of Raylansfair.Clint: "I want you to look me in the eye. I want you to see the man that will slaughter your people. That will burn your city to the ground. That will fuck your precious little daughter to death. And I want you to die"
- Aegon Targaryen's Badass Boast is so effective, he sends it to each ruler in Westeros to declare war on them.Aegon: "Those who bend the knee will keep their lands and titles, serving as my vassals from now on. Those that refuse, I will destroy"
- Glorious Shotgun Princess features this ridiculously over the top threat from Tela Vasir:
- "Really? Because I've been doing this three times longer than you've been alive, junior. I'm going to kick your ass. I am going to build the machine that kicks your ass. I am going to conquer Palaven to raise the empire that houses the machine that kicks your ass."
- When Autochthon is convinced to fight directly:"Imbeciles! Ignorants! Hubris to such degrees that it is baffling! You seek to fell me with technology? You seek to fell me with machines? I am technology! I am invention! I am the God of the Machine! I! AM! AUTOCHTHON!"
- Harbinger/Bright Star delivers this one:"I stand before you now. Broken. Defeated. But for the first time in eons, do I look upon the galaxy with fresh eyes. Stand with me, if you will. Judge me for my deviation from the broken, stagnant design of our master. But know this. I shall not follow a fool. And when the Viator crawls out of his prison, he will bow to me."
- Fates Collide: Attila/Altera declares, "I am the one who will destroy every Grimm on the face of the planet."
- Tales of a Junk Town Pony Peddler:Prodigious Peddler: If you want her you're going to have to go through me, meaning you're going to have to do your worst, and do it at your best.
- In Embers, Prince Zuko has a short, but no less awesome one, having just returned from sneaking past a patrol of sentries, who had only just noticed his absence."How did you get past the sentries?" Teruko demanded, steam rising from her breath.Zuko didn't even twitch. "You blinked."
- The New Adventures of Invader Zim:
"You insignificant little worm," Norlock growled, "You dare talk to me like that? I have guided the rise and fall of civilizations. Human history has been my plaything. And before this night is done, I will have set in motion the creation of an empire that I will guide in dominating your pathetic species long after your bones have rotted into dust.""I own this planet. Nothing happens here without my say-so. And if it does, I strike down on the perpetrators like a wrathful god."
- During the lead up to the Final Battle of Season 1, Norlock snarls one out after Dib calls him a coward:
- In Slayers Trilogy, Naga and a lesser mazoku turn this into a "who has more evil deeds to their name" competition. Amusingly, Naga wins.
- There are more than a few in Three-Point Shot, but the crowning achievement has to go to Kaede in Chapter 60, with her message to Team Danganronpa."To whomever's watching this, and I know someone is, this is an ultimatum. Kiibo Idabashi is alive, and inside your 'Motherkuma'. With that, we have complete control of your security cameras, and our own standing army. In five minutes, we're going to create a single Monokuma, with which, we'll let you make us an offer. We're giving you those five minutes to come up with your best. Once it's made, we'll give you another five minutes to make your pitch. If we don't like it, we're going to default to our own plan to blow our way out of the school with our Kiibokuma army. I don't want our escape to have to be so violent, so this is your last chance. You've already lost. So bow out gracefully, or go down in flames."
"I just want you to remember my face. In your darkest moments, I want you [to] remember the face of the man who beat you."
- Kokichi's no slouch either, especially with this one to Monokuma.
- Total Drama Everything: During the second second season, when Deadpool asks if Yusei knows what hes doing when the latter goes up against Jack the Ripper, he responds:"No. But I'm doing it anyway."
- Two from the Her Heart series of Frozen (2013) elsanna -ish fanfic.
- In Anywhere Her Heart May Lead, while Elsa is away Anna greets an invading force with a big dramatic entrance:A figure astride a white horse was bathed in morning sun. Reddish braids framed her stern face. She wore shining chain mail, gilded with the Royal Crocus of Arendelle. She held a flag, waving in the morning breeze, wide as she was high; the purple, green, and gold of her standard. Her other hand rested on the hilt of her sword. . . . "We are Her Gracious Highness, Princess Anna of Arendelle, Regent of Arendelle! This is our land! You are not welcome! . . . Retreat, and in our mercy we will not follow. Surrender, and you will be treated well. Fight, and the soil of Arendelle will be soaked with your blood. What say you?"
- And In To Her Heart's Content, the mysterious being that lives in the mirror invites Elsa to join the dark side:They called us Skadi, whose name means Harm, beautiful goddess of winter and the hunt, of ski and bow. They named these lands Skadinavia because they know the land is ours. They called us Marzanna, goddess of winter, death, and the underworld. To this day, every spring they drown us in effigy and every winter we return because they know we cannot be denied. Your scientists are just now discovering what they call the Ice Age. It laughed. Indeed. The Ice Age, as if there had only been one of them. The world is ours. Yours. The orb lies in your palm. Close your hand on it.
- In Anywhere Her Heart May Lead, while Elsa is away Anna greets an invading force with a big dramatic entrance:
- In the Hasbroverse, the world of The Elements of Harmony and the Savior of Worlds, the sequel, which involves a Crossover war against The Conversion Bureau, has the Bureau's Queen Celestia come face-to-face with Granny Bonnie. And when Celestia demands who she is, this is her response.Granny Bonnie: Normally I like to think of myself as rather humble, not one to put on airs or brag. In your case, however? I held council with the One when he created Primus and Unicron. I shook my head in sadness as Unicron fell to corruption, and helped prepare Primus' children to stop him. When the Chronarcitect needed to correct the flow of time, he consulted my watch. I molded planets, stars, and galaxies and sent them spinning into the void. I started the Heart of Ponyland pumping, breathed the fire of life onto Equus. Metlar and his ilk are squabbling children to me. Discord and Tirac are annoying at the worst of times. Celestia, Luna, Cadance, the real ones are growing and maturing quite nicely, though they still have much to learn. As for you? I feel sorrow for you, that you've strayed so far from the path. I wish circumstances could have been different, yet here we are.
- A Prize For Three Empires: Iva Kann delivers a good boast during an argument with Carol Danvers.Warbird: How many have you already destroyed, Iva?
Iva Kann: (shrugging) You can get the count from Ronan. I stopped worrying about such things after my 25th.
- In Survivor's Hearts- a crossover between Doctor Who and Dollhouse where Adelle DeWitt is a Chameleon-Arched Rani- the Rani delivers one on the Doctor's behalf when Boyd Langton attempts to stage a counter-coup of the Dollhouse after Adelle/the Rani's previous one, as Langton realises that Adelle's recently-arrived friend hasn't been captured;Rani: I wouldn't go so far as to call us friends. But I do know him. And it's because of that, I'm giving you a chance to surrender right now.
Langton: Oh, really? In case you haven't noticed, Adelle, he's heavily outnumbered.
Rani: That doesn't matter. What matters is that you have this chance, Mr. Langton. This one chance and that's all you get. Because any moment now, he is going to say four words. And in my long experience with him, Mr. Langton, when he says those four words, that's it. You're done. You're over. There is no hope left for you. When he says those four words, it doesn't matter how many guns or how many men or how much power you have, they are nothing against those four words. Those four words have defeated armies. They have destroyed the most monstrous dictators. They have brought down governments. They have transformed societies. They have set fire to planets and have chilled stars. There are entire civilizations that no longer exist because they have heard those four words. That's why you should take this one chance given to you, Mr. Langton because if you don't, you will hear him say those four words and at that point, you will have crossed the line of no return. Because when he says those four words, there is no force in all the heavens and all the earths that can possibly save you.
Doctor: (appears on a video monitor) Hello. I'm the Doctor.
Rani: Too late.
- In Fire Emblem Awakening fanfic Golden Threads Tie Us, Grima is trying to break Lucina and her Shepherds by gloating, when Chrom's army make it to the scene.Grima: I-impossible... He's dead! I buried him myself! There's now way he could be here. This future has already been set in stone!
Chrom: That's not true, Lucina! Anything can change! And I'm going to prove it to you right here and now!
- In Fantasy of Utter Ridiculousness, Yuuka Kazami delivers one of these to Megas's crew while charging up the Double Spark. Not only is she stating exactly what she's going to do to them, but she is making it clear that Marisa's version of the attack just can't compare."...But fair warning: Marisa's spunk in stealing my attack is to be admired, but when you absolutely must reduce everything in your path to a mist of atoms, accept... no... SUBSTITUTES!"
- A Diplomatic Visit:
- When the Alpha is identifying himself, one of the accomplishments he declares is having driven Grogar the Necromancer to the place where he was defeated. Another is bringing together the Packleaders to form the Packlands.
- In chapter 7 of the sequel Diplomat at Large, when Pharynx unleashes a potent magical attack against him, the Storm King's armor allows him to just shrug it off, at which point he proclaims "Did you really expect that to hurt me? I'm the Storm King, baby! I am the storm!"
- In New Hope University: Major In Murder, after completing the fifth trial, the remaining college students who were trapped in a killing game are faced with a "final exam," in which they must, among other things, find the identity of the mastermind, or else they will be killed. In preparation for the trial, Saya changes into a dark grey turtleneck, which she got from Nicole, just before the latter's execution, and says the following about her change."I figured that when I look in the mirror, I want to see someone with her shit together. Because we are not the kind of people who fail exams."
- In Dance With The Demons, Ra's Al Ghul states he could in fact get Batman easily killed if he truly wished so.Ra's Al Ghul: "Be that as it may, if I wished to use her against you, why would I kill her?"
Batman: "To anger me. To make me reckless when I came against you."
Ra's Al Ghul: (sighing) "Detective, Detective. Yours is one of the finest strategically analytical minds I have ever encountered, but you are not using it. Why would I want you to come after me? Were I to desire your life, I would simply activate a group of my men from anywhere in the globe, and send them against you. You might triumph over one or many, but eventually one would kill you. This is a certainty, Detective.
Badass Boast / Fan Works