- They turn up in the KeyAni adaptations, of all places.
- Mai Kawasumi from Kanon. Even if the demons she fights every night are emanations of her own powers resulting from her reluctance to embrace them, you have to admit she's pretty handy with a sword.
- Tomoyo Sakagami from CLANNAD. Just ask the local biker gangs. Or Sunohara.
- From the same series, Kyou Fujibayashi also qualifies as this.
- The entire point of KoihimeMusou, but especially Kan'u. Even more so in the first game.
- Ace Attorney:
- Pearl Fey is a powerful candidate, since she's saved the day quite a few times by channeling Mia.
- For someone who is ostensibly the series' main Damsel in Distress, Maya certainly makes herself useful under the direst situations.
- An evil example of this trope would be Dahlia Hawthorne. Not everyone has the guts to jump from a bridge into a river known for its deadly speed just to steal a jewel.
- Athena Cykes is a Cute Bruiser, being super cheery but also strong enough to judo toss an adult male from behind her.
- Ambassador Colias Palaeno from Investigations, who manages to really grow on a lot of players, and who shows up with a small army near the end and pressures the other countrys ambassador, Quercus Alba, into staying put with thinly veiled threats. And he keeps smiling while doing it.
- The Nasuverse is peppered with this trope.
- Arcueid from Tsukihime is more well known for being a bit adorably ditzy than being sexy. Also known more for her outrageously broken strength.
- The Fate/stay night girls all have their moments.
- Ilya is probably the most prominent there. Of course, she also happens to be a complete (but intensely sympathetic) psychopath loli who isn't as young as she looks.
- Some would even regard Shiki Ryougi as one.
- Higurashi: When They Cry: Most of the cast counts, really. (Mion and Shion fall into Cute Bruiser territory.)
- Rena, whose primary prerogative on a normal day is to find cute things to take home. When pushed to protect herself or her friends, she can (non-fatally) swing around a cleaver like no one else.
- Satoko, appropriately dubbed 'The Trap Master' by the rest of the cast, is somewhere between 9 and 12 years old and very frequently The Woobie, yet she can trap, confuse or outright take out trained, fully grown men with minimal effort on her part.
- Rika, whose very presence in early arcs was basically to say something cute for Rena to Squee! over, proves herself to be this when she goes it alone and tries to take out Shion with mace and a syringe. She failed, but it was still Badass. She's also Really 700 Years Old and eventually becomes determined to Screw Destiny.
- Hanyuu, a little girl around Rika's age, cute enough to be kidnapped by Rena three times in two minutes, who is also Oyashiro-sama, a Physical God who is promoted from The Voice and The Scapegoat to a full cast member during the final arc.
- Shall We Date?: Ninja Shadow has the Player Character Saori Shishido, a doll-like bifauxnen who arrives to Nagasaki as an Action Survivor who needs to hone her ninja skills fast so she can avenge her brother's death, but at the end of each route has grown into as a full-fledged Action Girl whose boyfriends LOVE how strong she has become AND how adorable she is.
- Veridadia from Yumina The Ethereal, who can turn herself into a BFS capable of destroying anything in a single strike.
- Rosemary from Rose of Winter is this in spades. She's a hopeless romantic, flusters easily, thinks "this is a bit of a pickle" is coarse language, and wants to be a knight not for the thrill of battle, but because she sees it as a way to help people. Which she does by swinging a sword that would make Cloud Strife jealous at any and all gigantic wild animals that try to harm the prince she's sworn to protect.
Badass Adorable / Visual Novels