The music in Duel Links helps keep the excitement of the anime duels by integrating either a simple theme to get the mind going or an epic song that makes the duel you are playing that much more intense. Note that with the exception of event themes and menu music, the dueling songs are usually based on the character you are playing against.
- The music that plays when a player is at 1000 or less life points, can win the game on the current turn, or when a character summons their Ace Monster is exciting, especially if you are on the receiving end and proceed to make a comeback.
- When fighting against some of the more story driven duelists in both the DM and GX eras, you get this music instead for a more epic finale.
- When fighting as or against Jaden and an action he performs causes the music to change, it switches to this theme showing his more fun-loving personality.
- Same thing with Yusei, it switches to this song, an epic theme for the savior of Neo Domino. As for the rest of the 5D's cast, they get this instead.
- If you are on the brink of losing in the 5D's world, this music will play to rally the player to stage a comeback. Note that if you turn over this losing situation into a winning one, it will switch to the player's victory theme.
- As befitting of Kaiba's ego, the near victory/desperation theme for The Dark Side of Dimensions world is a triumphant orchestral score reminiscent of Hans Zimmer.
- The D.D. Tower music is an orchestral piece with a lot of violins, sounding ambient and cool at the same time.
- Battling Regular Duelists, Bastion, or the Vagabond, you'll be treated to great music, a simple track for just a quick, fun duel. The 5D's NPC Duelists come with a hard rocking new theme more in line with the feel of 5D's. There's also a more orchestral remix of the first theme when playing them in the Dark Side of Dimensions.
- The music that plays when you finish the unlock objectives for Legendary duelists. It is especially satisfying when you finally manage to unlock duelists that had extremely difficult objectives like Arkana, Crowler, and Pegasus.
Duel Monsters World
- Yami Yugi's theme is highly reminiscent of his original theme.
- Joey, Tristan, and Mai's theme is full of guitars, perfectly fitting of their spirit to never back down.
- Mako's theme is just plain good.
- Ishizu and Odion's theme is appropriately very Egyptian and very menacing.
- Yami Bakura and Yami Marik's theme is particularly good, featuring eerie strings and bass guitar.
- Tea and Yugi Moto's theme is very casual, yet gives off the impression that they're not holding back.
- Kaiba's theme really captures the feeling of an intense battle, complete with violin.
- The music in the final Duelist Chronicles matches, and Yami Marik's Ra theme, is ridiculously epic, with choir and strings to give it an all-or-nothing vibe.
- Arkana's theme is spooky and intimidating, appropriate for a self proclaimed master of magicians.
- Pegasus's theme is cartoon like and elegant, which fits perfectly for the creator of Duel Monsters.
- This theme makes you feel like you want to punch your opponent. Which is appropriate because this theme is for many of the duelists Joey has faced and defeated, such as Weevil, Bandit Keith, Rex, and Bonz.
- This theme is also very nice, which plays when you fight the Paradox Brothers, Espa Roba, and Mokuba.
- This theme is full of rockin' electric guitars, giving the impression of a serious but fun fight. Perfect for Jaden's greatest rivals like Chazz, Zane, Aster, and Syrus.
- Doctor Crowler's theme is full of orchestral instruments and has the beat of an Italian song, which slowly, but constantly, swings between "You're doing well student, you might even win this time" and "I have machinated the absolute counter for your entire deck!", and knowing Crowler's personality, it wouldn't be surprising for us to hear these from his mouth.
- The Tag Duel arena music is upbeat and tense and exciting.
- Alexis's theme is elegant and ripe with a piano medley, befitting of the Queen of Duel Academy.
- Jaden and Jesse's theme gives off an easy going vibe, which plays perfectly into their idea of dueling for fun.
- Yubel's event theme is a mournful, melancholy string and piano piece, while her dueling theme sounds epic and desperate.
- Jaden/Yubel's theme keeps the fun vibe of Jaden's original song but one backed by experience and wisdom that Jaden had during his final year at Duel Academy.
- Blair's theme is a cute simple theme matching the young maiden's lovey dovey personality.
- Satorius's theme is intense and haunting, meshing the fact that he can seemingly control destiny and make you feel like if you lose... you lose everything.
- Yusei's theme is a very simple theme showing off the simple mechanic who would eventually become a hero.
- Akiza's theme is similar to Alexis's theme, elegant with a heavy emphasis on the piano, but with a more tragic and sinister edge befitting the Black Rose Witch.
- Crow's theme, like Yusei's, is a simple theme for the laid back, easy-going Crow Hogan.
- Leo and Luna's theme is an exciting track showing how the twins favor the fun of dueling above all else.
- Jacks theme blends his techno theme from the series with something that also flows fast, making it sound like you are actually Turbo Dueling with Jack.
- Trudge's theme is a hot blooded track making it feel like a police chase with Sector Security themself.
- The Turbo Dueling theme is a fast, heart pounding song that makes you feel like you are actually on the track dueling at high speeds. The Dark Signer version keeps the high tempo of the Turbo Duels but with a strong sense of dread and danger.
- Even the Turbo Duel event song gives you the feeling of being in the pit stop preparing for the duel.
Dark Side of Dimensions World
- Atem and Yugi's ceremonial duel is played out to a remix of Atem's theme befitting the finale to the original series.
- Seto Kaiba's new theme is much more epic in tone to his original theme but slower to match his more motivated personality seen in the movie.
- Mokuba Kaiba's new theme is interesting as it's a remix of Joey/Mai's theme instead of his own befitting his role as The Lancer to Seto's status as main character of the movie.
- Sera's theme offers up a strong sense of mystery with this character but with a sort of elegant tone.