No, 'Titans' is not a musical.
open/close all folders
- "Cry Little Sister", covered by Marilyn Manson, is an industrial theme originally written for The New Mutants (which ended up being cut from the movie).
- "Alone" by Monogrenade runs during a scene where Dick is cleaning his Robin suit of blood. The song's lyrics combined with the "show don't tell" filming are meant to represent Dick's issues with violence, but also the character's taste in music, since he is the one playing the song on a vinyl.
- "S.O.B." by Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats plays when Rachel is searching for Dick and sounds quite happy, but there is a Soundtrack Dissonance between the song's upbeat chorus and Rachel's situation when you realize she was on the run after her adoptive mother was murdered by a cult that is trying to capture her.
- Kory has an entire soundtrack comprising the most catchy songs of The '70s; bonus points for being herself a fan of the era:
- "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" by the Tavares Brothers plays during Kory's very first scene in the show, hinting at the fact she is an alien woman literally fallen from the "heavens", which she doesn't know due to her amnesia.
- "Sunny" by Boney M. plays during a scene where Kory is beating some idiots, a fun, upbeat song that makes the action-packed scene very funny. An episode later, Dick even calls Kory "Sun Woman".
- In 2x02, "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge is played in the van scene where Kory and Donna have a Snark-to-Snark Combat. The song was originally written to represent solidarity among women, and makes references to the band being made up of four sisters. Too bad Kory and Donna are at best Vitriolic Best Buds, as opposed to being Heterosexual Life-Partners as in the comics.
- "Makes me wanna zing" by John Acosta is a funny song played when Dick meets Kory for the first time.
- "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora is just perfect for a happy-go-lucky person like Gar, or should we say Beast Boy?
- Larry Trainor is singing, dancing and cooking while playing "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC. The scene is memorable enough to become one of the show's Signature Scenes.
- "I Wanna Be Loved By You" by Marilyn Monroe is a sad reminder that Rita Farr used to be an actress, contemporary with Marilyn, and was herself one of the big names of The '50s In-Universe.
- "Fingerprints" by Kita Klane plays when Kory and Dick are about to get intimate. The lyrics resonate with two messed up people who just had several rough days and need to do something to relieve the stress, and in their case was Sex for Solace.
- Jason is introduced for Season 2, riding a motorcycle inside Wayne Manor, while listening to "Get Ready to Die" by Magig Dirt. The showrunners certainly were Crossing the Line Twice when they chose this song, given what happens to the character in the comics...
- "The Night Is Still Young" by Nicki Minaj is played during Aqualad's birthday. It's a bit bitter-sweet given that lyrics are about enjoying your life whilst you still can. Everything went to hell for Aqualad not long after...
- "Burn It to the Ground" by NICKELBACK makes it all the more ironic when Dr. Light is killed by Deathstroke, after he hyped himself up in a car.
- "I Just Want To Make Love To You" by Etta James is a cabaret song that runs when Dick has a hallucination of Bruce Wayne doing a dance very reminiscent of Batman's camp portrayal from Batman (1966).
- Rose chooses "Party Monster" by The Weeknd to try to make Jason forget a little bit of his PTSD. Then things quickly become intimate between the two.
- Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D major becomes incredibly disturbing when it's played while CADMUS is brainwashing Gar into seeing a scientist as Rachel, then mauling said scientist.