- The trailer uses "Do or Die" by 30 Seconds to Mars to increasingly epic effect.
- "The Ecstasy of Gold" by Ennio Morricone from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly during Manolo's bullfight (possibly his "Alternative" match).
- "No Matter Where You Are" by Us The Duo, which plays during the end credits and serves as Manolo and Maria's Final Love Duet.
- You wouldn't expect a Mariachi-inspired cover of Mumford & Sons' "I Will Wait" to be so infectiously catchy. And yet, it is. Same for Radiohead's "Creep".
- "The Apology Song", although it's recommended one sees the movie first because the song is much more awesome in context.
- "I Love You Too Much", the ballad Manolo writes for Maria trying to woo her over. It doesn't work, but it's the thought that counts.
- "Live Life" by Jesse & Joy; plays during the credits.
Awesome Music / The Book of Life