The music, on the other hand, is an entire different story.
Music from over a dozen other works—Sonic-related or otherwise—is used in pretty much every chapter except the first two, including a few other original music clips. And GreenSonic21 knows just the right music for the job.
Some of the best music is archived below. For the whole soundtrack, see each individual chapter.
- This kickass remix of Metropolis Zone is used for this chapter. Go ahead and play it now while you read the chapter, since you won't find this song until you finish reading.
- MandoBrony's self-made theme song for Rainbow Dash is used for her race with Gilda. It really catches her personality.
- Of course, no race with Metal Sonic is complete without the appropriate music from Sonic the Hedgehog CD.
- The climax of RD's race is followed by actual music from Sonic Generations: this one, to be precise.
- What better way to walk down memory lane than with this music from Final Fantasy X?
- The first phase of the battle with Nghtmare Moon is followed by this piece of original music. A remake of that song was used for the second phase.
- This music from Sonic Colors can very well be Fluttershy's theme song.
- This music from Delta Brony is used for the group's trek through the temple. And it fits very well, despite being based off of Sandopolis Zone. And this music from Earthworm Jim really gives off vibes of "urgency".
- The first part of the Shadowbolts race is followed by this music byte from Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. It really shouts "speed".
- Mission Street is introduced by this piece of music from Sonic the Hedgehog CD. Eggman's announcement that follows soon after comes with Sonic Adventure's Final Boss music from Sonic's story.
- The police chase is followed by actual music from Sonic Generations: Modern City Escape, to be precise.
- The introduction of Frog Forest comes with this remix of the stage's music.
- Of course, a Separate Scene Storytelling to the events of Sonic the Hedgehog CD is not complete with a remix of the memorable Stardust Speedway.
- This music from the Sonic Generations Game Mod Sonic Melponterations is used for the first appearance of the Egg Fleet's ships.
- The group comes back together to this music from Metal Gear Solid 3. It's really quite fitting.
- Fluttershy's Death Glare moment comes with this song from Super Mario Bros. Z.
- The chapter starts off with this creepy soundtrack from Final Fantasy X-2. And all the group's doing is searching for Pinkie Pie.
- "Shadow" is introduced with this pumpin' rock remix of His World.
- More music from Final Fantasy X is used, this time at the point when "Sonic" reunites with the group.
- Queen Chrysalis is introduced by this remix of I Am All Of Me.
- The Changelings attack with the help of the intro music from Mega Man X4. The battle itself starts with this music from Double Dragon 2.
- The Biolizard comes with this song from the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Generations.
- The battle with the Final Hazard comes with this kickass remix of Live and Learn.
- This mashup is used for Sonic's battle with Silver.
- Of course, Silver's story wouldn't be complete without his theme song from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- This remix of Dreams of an Absolution is used late in the chapter.
- Lyra's introduced into the chapter with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle's Chao Karate music.
- Trixie has her very own theme song, take a listen!
- The battle between Twilight and Trixie uses both Twilight's stage theme from My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic and the Final Boss theme from Sonic Heroes.
- The chapter starts off with this remix of Aquatic Ruin Zone (with a bit of Sylvania Castle Act 3 added to the mix) by Delta Brony.
- Of course, what trip to a hospital would be complete without music from Trauma Center?
- Wreck-It Ralph provides the first music for Sweet Mountain.
- Planet Wisp comes with another song from Delta Brony.
- The Royal Sisters' scare at Pinkie Pie and Storm the Albatross comes with Nightmare Moon's fanmade theme from My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic (also by Delta Brony).
- The Egg Pawn Brawl comes with this song from Phineas and Ferb.
- Marine is introduced with another song from Delta Brony.
- As the group leaves Sweet Mountain, we are greeted with yet another song from Delta Brony.
- Please be sure you are playing the appropriate song for Sonic's battle with the Egg Wyvern.
- It's a train ride; we need music from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door here, stat!
- The Legend of Zelda CD-i Games may be horrible, but they sure do have awesome music.
- The first location is followed by Fluttershy's stage theme from My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic.
- Then we're followed by Rarity's stage theme, from the same game.
- The Final Boss battle starts off with this song from Sonic the Hedgehog CD.
- Of course, we have Discord, we also need his theme song! Courtesy of NickThePunkRockPony.
- The group's 11th-Hour Superpower comes with this song from Sonic Advance 3.
- The Final Boss has the following songs for the many phases.