- All the songs are well done but "Audition (The Fools Who Dream)" is the most memorable thanks to Emma Stone's powerful performance, which is frequently compared to Anne Hathaway's turn in Les Misérables (2012).
- "Another Day of Sun" is amazingly high-energy and infectiously fun. If you can watch the whole number without cracking a smile, you're clinically dead. The same goes for "A Lovely Night". If you can watch that whole number without having a good time, then this isn't the film for you.
- There's the beautiful song "Epilogue" which meshes all the songs from the film into essentially an instrumental synopsis of the movie, starting off slowly before transitioning into an upbeat, jazzified middle and sticking the landing with another rendition of "City of Stars."
- "Someone in the Crowd," which starts as typically upbeat before becoming spectacularly grand somewhere in the middle. Its climax also shares a similar melody from "Another Day of Sun," the catchiest one in the whole film.
- John Legend's rendition of "City of Stars" and "Audition" which he performed for the Oscars 2017 ceremony. Though the songs were specifically written for Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, John was able to add some spice in it.
Awesome Music / La La Land