Awesome Mc Coolname /
- Elphaba Thropp from the musical Wicked.
- Rum Tum Tugger, Munkustrap, Mr Mistofelees, Skimbleshanks and Jennyanydots from the musical Cats.
- Seaweed Stubbs and Motormouth Maybelle from the musical Hairspray.
- Mary Sunshine from the musical Chicago.
- Killer Queen and Scaramouche from the musical We Will Rock You.
- Roger Elizabeth DeBris and Ulla Inga tor Hansen Benson Yansen Tallen Hallen Svaden Swanson Bloom from The Producers.
- The protagonist of The Pillowman is named Katurian Katurian Katurian. His parents were odd people.
- Leaf Coneybear in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, who comes from a hippie family. His siblings are named Marigold, Brooke, Pinecone, Raisin, Landscape, and Paul.
- An unintentional example in Fiddler on the Roof. Lazar (yes, pronounced "laser") Wolf might be a perfectly innocuous Jewish name in context, but to modern audiences it might suggest an American Gladiators reject, a Rob Liefeld character who never made it to print, a Mega Man X Maverick or a Transformer, particularly a Maximal or Predacon.
- Jean Valjean from Les Misérables
- Moritz Stiefel and Melchior Gabor from Spring Awakening.
- In The Adding Machine, Daisy's full name is Daisy Diana Dorothea Devore. This is the only thing about her that isn't plain and ordinary.
- Hercules Mulligan in Hamilton. He was also a real person in history who prevented more than one ambush on George Washington and provided various intel to the revolutionary army.