- Seishirou's single-handed two-for-one kekkai special in Shibuya and, horrible as it is, his deployment of his Thanatos Gambit.
- Fuuma's trick with pop cans
- Kakyou's corpse-puppeteering with Kotori's body in which he spares her from the physical pain of her horrible death and, in the anime, stops Fuuma from killing Kamui as well.
- Speaking of Kotori? Almost all the Dream Walkers are sure that You Can't Fight Fate. Kotori is the only one who thinks "Screw Destiny". Frpm a sweet little girl who's broken beyond belief and dies for it? Awesome. The TV series adds another dimension to this, when she briefly plays Spirit Advisor to Kamui in Kakyou's Dream World: she tells him not to blame himself for her death, to protect the Earth and Fuuma, and personally relays her "the future is still not decided" belief to him, which manages to give him his faith back.
- Inuki's rebirth. Specially because Yuzuriha's Plucky Girl nature is what brings him back. Out of pure strong will.
- In the TV series, Subaru waking up from his Angst Coma and saving Kamui's life almost at the expense of his own by Taking the Bullet for him.
- There is Kamui's magnificent Dying Moment of Awesome in the anime, where he does manage to bring Fuuma back and make him the protector of the Earth in his stead, even if it's at the cost of his own life.
- Let's not forget Sorata fulfilling his destiny of dying for a beautiful woman in an absolutely badass manner in the TV series. So much that he manages to grievously wound Fuuma and almost destroy half his body, something even Kamui is unable to do. Even more so - Sorata does all of this while being Impaled with Extreme Prejudice by Fuuma himself.
- And if we keep talking about Heroic Sacrifices we can't forget Hinoto stabbing herself to death in the Dream Space to kill both herself and her Superpowered Evil Side in the TV series, and Nataku reembracing his humanity via protecting Karen from Fuuma in the manga.
Awesome / X/1999