- Bringing in the brass knuckles in late 2001 to early 2002 during his feud with Edge and using them to win Edge's Intercontinental Championship at the 2002 Royal Rumble (January 20, 2002). This was Regal's first Intercontinental title win and the highest-level title belt he has ever held in WWE to date.
- April 21, 2008: Winning the 2008 King of the Ring (KotR) tournament, shortly before his 40th birthday. (Granted it was on Raw (not on pay-per-view) and he seemingly rigged the tournament in his favor as Raw General Manager.) This not only made him literally "regal" but also made him both the first UK-born winner and the first KotR winner born outside of North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), both in Kayfabe and Real Life.
- His speech in defense of Eugene is a reminder that he is far from an aging Joke Character, and he has a lot of bile and venom he is not afraid of unleashing, no matter how big his opponent nor how clear it is he's going to lose. To cap it all off, that speech is to Triple freakin' H who was still somewhat in his Reign of Terror era.
- May 10, 2011 (his 43rd birthday): After a weeks-long feud with rookie Jacob Novak on WWE NXT (NXT Redemption, to be exact), in which Novak taunts Regal by calling him things like "old" and "washed up", Regal finally defeats Novak by submission with the Regal Stretch. (Regal had to wait a week to get his hands on Novak because of Novak's pro JTG interfering, but it was worth it.) Shortly after, Novak got eliminated from NXT on May 17th (once again the first rookie eliminated from NXT, having been the first elimination on the previous season) and released from WWE in Real Life on June 13th of that same year.
- ANY match with Chris Benoit. WCW Nitro, The 2000 Brian Pillman tribute, 2005-2006 on Smackdown and Velocity, each one testimony to the mens' amazing technical prowess and crowd psychology, as well as essential viewing aids for "any up-and-coming professional wrestler", as Dr. Tom Pritchard put it.
- His final retirement match against Antonio Cesaro on NXT, and the promo he did before the match. A glorious way to go out.
Awesome / William Regal