- Tyreese's Last Stand in Issue 14: After witnessing the death of his daughter in a failed suicide pact, he opts to aid the group in taking out a group of zombies in the gym. When entering the gym, he runs straight into the middle of the zombies, killing as many as he can before the group are forced to leave. In the next issue, they return to find all of the zombies dead and Tyreese alive in the corner of the room, casually greeting them.
- Keep in mind, all he has is a hammer, and one bite from a single zombie is enough to kill him. He gets completely surrounded, and everyone is sure he's dead. Rick insists on searching for his body when he returns (having left to put down Shane), and what do they find? Tyreese surrounded by dead corpses, completely unharmed and casually greeting them.
- Rick beating Thomas Richards' face to a bloody pulp, followed by Maggie shooting the ever living shit out of him.
Volume 6: This Sorrowful Life
- Michonne maiming the Governor is undeniably brutal to say the least, but still very satisfying considering he raped her for days after amputating Rick's hand. For no reason.
Volume 8: Made to Suffer
- Lilly shooting the Governor in the back of the head after all the atrocities he committed since Volume 5.
Volume 9: Here We Remain
- Carl killing three zombies single-handed.Carl: You stink!
Volume 10: What We Become
- Rick is held being beaten by an armed bandit while the latter's comrade is preparing to rape Carl. Rick gets so angry he overpowers the bandit and rips his throat out with his teeth.
Volume 11: Fear The Hunters
- It's hard not to feel a sense of "hell yeah!" when the cannibal gang finally gets their comeuppance. What comes immediately after... eh, not so much.
- Dale basically trolling the Hunters, the same way Bob did the show.
Volume 14: No Way Out
- Rick is holding off the zombies alone so that Dr. Cloyd can treat Carl's gunshot wound. He's being overwhelmed. Cut to each of the members of the group seeing him fighting alone, and each one of them going out to help fight them. In a series devoid of optimism, this doubles as a Heartwarming Moment.
Volume 16: A Larger World
- Jesus in his introduction takes on Michonne and Abraham barehanded, while they are armed with their classic katana and rifle. Jesus manages to disarm both, then capture Michonne to use as a human shield.
Volume 18: What Comes After
- You thought Carl killing three zombies by himself was awesome. Wait until you see the moment when he hops out of the back of one of Negan's trucks and blows away about half a dozen of his men with a freaking assault rifle. And that assault rifle belonged to the late Abraham's, to boot! This moment impressed Negan so much, that he decides to invite Carl into base as a guest just as much as a prisoner.
Volume 21: All Out War (Part Two)
- Issues 125 and 126, which conclude the All Out War arc, depicting the climactic show down between Rick, his allies, and Negan's forces. After Negan demands surrender, Rick comes out from the Hilltop to parlay and hits Negan with a positively devastating "The Reason You Suck" Speech wherein he calls Negan out for being a world-class hypocrite and essentially says to him "Hey, maybe if you'd stop being such a murderous prick and actually live up to your rhetoric about rebuilding civilization, maybe we could actually work together and do that instead of killing each other like idiots." But even better? Against all odds and expectations, Negan actually realizes that Rick is right and starts seeing things his way. Then, as soon as his guard is down, Rick slashes him in the neck and triggers the ambush that (in part) ends the war in his favor.
- But that's not even the best part. After finally defeating Negan and ending his reign of terror, Rick refuses to let his hated enemy die and actually insists that they save his life. Why? So that they can deliver him to legitimate justice, prove that the new society he's building can be humane to its enemies, and so that Negan will be forced to watch the new world he envisioned thrive without him. After enduring two years of constant tragedy and brutal loss, after watching himself slowly lose his humanity and become little more than a savage, ruthless animal, even a murderer, Rick actually turns it all around. Rather than simply continuing to perpetuate the cycle of violence that he had previously surrendered to, Rick shows immense personal growth and vision, and triumphantly reclaims the nobility of spirit that he had long ago abandoned. Why is this arguably the most awesome of all The Walking Dead's awesome moments? Because after more than 100 issues of brutal, unrelenting cynicism, the story and our hero suddenly rise from the muck to defiantly embrace idealism and optimism despite a world gone mad.
- Even better is that Negan make a HeelFace Turn afterward and stops seeing other humans as weakling to dominate.
Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams
- Jesus on foot armed with a sword against half a dozen Whisperers armed with knives and a flock of walkers. He kills them all, takes a Whisperer as prisoner, and saves his friend.
- After the time skip, Carl is jumped by two bullies armed with a brick, who plan to kill Sophia, and mock Carl when he retreats. Carl then immediately comes back once he finds a shovel, and beats (and nearly kills) the two of them while they beg for their lives.
"Your sons hurt Sophia... and if I hadn't stepped in they would have hurt her much worse than they did. You want me to apologize for saving my friend? You fucking fuckwads can go fuck yourselves."
- When the bullies' parents are reprimanding Maggie for Carl's near killing of their children, Carl rebuts them with these lines, further cementing Carl's dark side.
Volume 30: New World Order
- Princess of all people absolutely wiping the floor with a group of Commonwealth soldiers that were harrassing her friends with just a spear. I think we've officially found the female counterpart of Negan.Commonwealth Soldier: Step away from him and put your spear on the ground. This is your final warning.Princess: You guys are going to make me put my goggles down, aren't you?Michonne: Princess, stop what you're doing and listen to them!Princess: Too late.
Rise Of The Governor
The Road To Woodbury
- Scott Moon killing a zombie trying to eat him and Megan with a pitchfork... all while high as a kite on pot.
- Josh taking out a whole mansion full of zombies by pouring alcohol all over the upstairs bedroom and setting it ablaze as he and Lilly escape using a nearby tree growing just outside the window.