This is a series about Marvel's first multi-hero team fighting the Axis in World War 2. That alone is also enough, but here's a few highlights:
- Ladies and gentlemen, we present the most epic moment in the entirety of the Invaders' WW2 adventures: JIM.◊ KILLS.◊ HITLER.◊ And yes, this is canon.You people have suffered enough because of you, you Nazi devil!
- The very first issue's cover shows Namor◊ punching out a plane with his bare hands. Even better? Cap's kicking out the other pilot. Keep in mind that Cap has almost no way of being airborne whatsoever, yet he's several hundred feet above the ground, destroying German fighters with nothing but his shield and his super strength.
- The opening page of Giant Size Invaders.
- Actually, a lot of covers are pretty awesome:
- A Brainwashed and Crazy Thor manages to one-shot◊ Namor!
- Gods and Soldiers:
Tanalth: Alas, robot, your friend is no more. A brave, stubborn, stupid man- who refused to tell me where you were.Jim: *bursting into flame* I don't know who you are-maybe one of Namor's people, with the blue skin-all I know is that you'll pay FOR KILLING MY FRIEND!Tanalth: Oh? Fire?
- Jim Hammond has just walked back from his lunch break to find out that Tanalth just killed his Benevolent Boss. You'd expect grief at the death. But Jim does something different.