- This bit from The Cabin in the Woods.FRAN KRANZ: Maybe the human race should die out, if this is what it takes for it to continue.KRISTEN CONNOLLY: Are you serious? Do you literally have not a single family member that might give you pause before coming to that conclusion?FRAN KRANZ: Well...KRISTEN CONNOLLY: You'd rather sacrifice everyone on earth, knowing that 99.999% of them aren't even aware of this conspiracy, while you know about it and are making literally the most selfish decision humanly possible, which ironically actually makes you extremely deserving of death?FRAN KRANZ: Uh...KRISTEN CONNOLLY: A handful of teenagers every year, compared to the alternative, is nothing. More people die from falling in the fucking bathroom. I'm shooting you, you selfish dick.
- Their review of Pan tears the ever-loving shit out of the trend of taking classic children's stories and turning them into formulaic blockbusters:(Levi wakes up being tended to by Hugh.)Hugh Jackman: So the fact that you can fly means you must be the one destined to kill me. See theres a prophecy-Levi Miller: Oh God no.Hugh Jackman: -that states that one day a flying boy would appear, and that boy would be The Chosen One who-Levi Miller: SHUUUT UUUUUP! For FUCKS SAKE Hollywood, first Alice in Wonderland, then Snow White, then The Wizard of Oz, now Peter Pan, are you seriously not gonna stop until everything is prophecies and chosen ones?! Even after The LEGO Movie deconstructed that trope to hell and back?! There are other stories out there you know I mean COME ON ITS SO FUCKING PLAYED OUT ARGH GRAAAAHRHAAAAHH (starts smashing the set) (sedated) (wakes up an hour later) Okay, Im better now. Lets just get on with this fucking thing.Hugh Jackman: So yeah youre supposed to murder me and end my reign of terror.Levi Miller: In which case, why the hell am I still alive? I mean you were literally in the process of murdering me when you found out that Im this super-dangerous prophecy kid. What possible reason is there for you to not shove a cutlass through my brain this very-Hugh Jackman: TO THE DUNGEON WITH YOU!
- Perhaps the most succinct demolition of the mentality that went into making Birdman ever written:Michael Keaton: This is my chance to really do something good.Amy Ryan: What, this self-indulgent circus trick of a movie, THIS is your big chance? Where you've spent half of it arguing that it's all meaningless?Michael Keaton: Damn right! See, we can argue over whether this means anything for hours. Go back and forth saying, acting is noble, acting is vain, acting is truth, acting is pointless. But the thing is, ITS STILL ALL ABOUT ACTING. We get credibility points for taking shots at ourselves while keeping the spotlight firmly planted on us! Maybe theres meaning to be found in other walks of life, in unglamorous jobs, in simply being a good friend and a decent person, or God forbid, focusing on OTHER FUCKING PEOPLE, but fuck that shit, we gotta keep jerking it over MY ACTING and MY ART and searching for meaning THERE and THERE ALONE because if that spotlight ever goes off, who knows, we might see the whole world.
- They parodied Deadpool. Yes, even the Airplane! of superhero films can be mocked.
- Pick a side, any side:Zack Snyder: I did it! Alan Moore said Watchmen was "inherently unfilmable" but I pulled it off! Not so bad, was it Alan Moore?Alan Moore: Film is an inferior form of art, spoon-feeding audience goers and watering down our collective cultural imagination. This movie was garbage, as are all movies.Zack Snyder: Dude. You write comic books. Stop acting like you're fucking Monet, you pretentious jackass.
- The climax of Suicide Squad (2016):Margot Robbie: I could be your senior beautician! My specialty is eyebrows!Evil Cara Delvigne: (doing the Funky Gibbon) Thats a low blow, Margot. Youve broken my heart.Margot Robbie: I dont break hearts honey, I STEAL THEM! (yanks out Caras heart)
- The Badass Boast exchange in Revenge of the Sith:Ian McDiarmid: I got a threshold, Jedi. I got a threshold for the abuse I'll take. And right now I'm a race car and you got me in the red. I'm just saying that it's fuckin' dangerous to have a racecar in the fuckin' red. It could blow.Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson: Oh, you're gettin' ready to blow?Ian McDiarmid: I could blow.Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson: Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker, motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch my lightsaber I'm Superfly TNT. I'm the Guns of Navarone.
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon ends with a lengthy Take That! directed at the Unpleasable Fanbase:Shia LaBeouf: Ugh, these movies are so stupid. The Transformers deserve better than this.Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Okay, you know what? No, they don't. Transformers was a poorly animated toy commercial dressed up like entertainment. The only reason you ever liked it was because when it was on TV you were a teenage boy, which is exactly who this piece of shit movie is made for. The same version of you that loved Transformers in 1985 would love this movie.Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Look, Bay didn't trick you here. This is the THIRD movie. If you seriously thought, after seeing the first two movies, that this was going to be anything other than an unwatchable, idiotic piece of festering horseshit, then you're even dumber than Bay is, and that guy thinks TV Tropes.org is a filmmaking how-to manual.
- BITCH IM WONDER WOMAN!!!GAL goes into a BLIND RAGE and she just. Goddamn. I mean she like. She fucking MASSACRES DAVID. Just OBLITERATES the SHIT out of HIM. Like shes playing with ALL THE CHEAT CODES on. Dental records won't even identify him.
- Rey/Daisy Ridley's "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Luke/Mark Hamill in The Last Jedi, as well as showing that Kylo could have been redeemed if Luke had acted more rationally.Daisy Ridley Admit it Mark! You tried to kill Adam when he was your student!Mark Hamill Okay okay, I might have BRIEFLY thought about it. If you have kids some day, you'll understand. But I also saw that Adam is beyond saving, he's pure evil! Especially now that he killed his Dad!Daisy Ridley And yet YOU managed to save a full-blown Sith Lord who'd murdered a schoolful of innocent children. And who was responsible for the deaths of most of the Jedi, hundreds of thousands of Rebels, the woman he loved, assorted underlings, and oh yeah THE ENTIRE PLANET OF ALDERAAN.[Beat]Mark Hamill You are NEVER hearing the Joker voice now.
- The script for Pet Sematary (2019) rewrites the film's Downer Ending with a scene that manages to be awesome, funny and heartwarming all at once. See Fanon Discontinuity on the main page for details.
- Bumblebee ends with a particularly satisfying swipe at the hypocrisy of audience-members who are always complaining about Michael Bay's (commercially successful) Transformers films and Hollywood's reluctance to diversify:Hailee Steinfeld: Holy shit we are the most positively reviewed Transformers film! And it has a female screenwriter and a fairly likeable lead whos also a female woman! Surely this means we'll win the adoration of the inclusion crowd who will pay to see our movie in droves!Dylan OBrienbot: Nope we under performed big time. Woke Twitter doesn't care about the quality of entertainment only its forced social pandering, which is why in the next movie Optimus and I are going to fuck!
Awesome / The Editing Room