- The famous shot where Vidor's camera swoops up a skyscraper and through a window (this actually a dissolve from a model) to find John at one of a sea of desks.
- John and Mary getting married is a combination of this and heartwarming.
- "You're the most beautiful girl in all the world!" Both times this is said.
- The second time this quote is said, John and Mary were making up with each other. Their apartment was in a rough condition, and John's unfulfilled ambitions caused him to childishly blame and chastise Mary for every break-down occurring in the apartment. As John was about to leave, Mary suddenly released she forgot to tell John she was pregnant. She then explains the she was so preoccupied that she forgot to tell him that. The man understood and the two of them made up, leading to John saying the above quote.
- John winning the slogan-writing contest with his slogan "Sleight-O-Hand, The Magic Cleaner.", and winning the family $500 as a grand prize.
- John and Mary had to witness their daughter getting run over by a motor truck lorry on the street. Although neither of them were able to prevent it, John immediately battled his way through passers-by to get to the lifeless body of his mortally-injured young child, and screams for someone to get a doctor for the child. This just goes to show how much he cares for his children. It also doubles as a Heartwarming moment.
- So John's Darkest Hour had arrived, he couldn't find a way to stand out among the crowd, his own wife didn't want to talk to him due to his indolence, and John was about to commit suicide because he felt like he didn't have a purpose. So who stated they still believed in John, and made him decide not to commit suicide? His son, Junior, that's who. He stated he still liked him, and wanted to be just like him when he grew up. Awwwww.
- John swallowing his pride once and for all, and deciding to put his juggling skills to use, along with wearing a clown suit and a sandwich board sign to advertise Schnieder's Grill, as shown in the page image.
Awesome / The Crowd