- The Horned King's entrance via Villain Teleportation. Shame he never demonstrates any more (non-Cauldron) magic afterwards.
- Fflewddur, though less competent than his book counterpart, gets a beautiful one when he ruins the witches' Batman Gambit by turning their own words against them: "We never give anything away! We bargain — we trade, remember?"
- Followed by the "Oh, pull yourself together, Madam!" to Orwen.
- Eilonwy helping Taran escape the castle.
- Eilonwy demanding Taran's respect. Once she gets it, she respects him as well.Taran: What does a girl know about swords, anyway?
Eilonwy: Girl? GIRL?! If it werent for this girl, you would still be in the Horned Kings dungeon!
- Taran admitting he's not a hero is pretty awesome since he'd been dreaming of being one for most of the movie. It takes a lot of courage to admit you're not cut out for something.
- Creeper wearing the Horned King's headdress and laughing maniacally as he escapes.
- The rise of the Cauldron Born is one for the animators. It is terrifying.
- Gurgi's sacrifice to stop the Cauldron.
- The Horned King trying to sacrifice Taran to the Cauldron to regain his army, even grabbing at him when he was safe and shoving him towards its suction.
- Awesome Music: Elmer Bernstein wrote a pretty great score. And thanks to Disney's deal with Intrada, the original music (a re-recording came out in the '80s via Varèse Sarabande) was finally released in 2012.
Awesome / The Black Cauldron