- Anything to do with the Bands of Mourning.
- First: Both Marasi and Wax deducing the double fakeout, and realizing that the Bands are actually the speartip on the statue in front of the temple, which they thought was aluminum.
- The first time the Bands are used, Marasi taps so much speed she leaves behind a vacuum. Then she throttles back on the speed and merely creates a sonic boom.
- The coin Hoid gave Wax turns out to be a copper metalmind (with nicrosil so anyone can use it), containing a memory of when the Southerners' Sovereign first came to them. Wax sees some distinctive scars on the Sovereign's wrists, and hears the single word he spoke to the elders:Kelsier: Survive.
- Wayne conquers his fear of guns through The Power of Hate, and shoots Telsin.
The Bands of Mourning
aka: Bands Of Mourning