- Any time a team won with a huge Sweep total or got enough bonuses to effectively cancel out the next-closest opponent. Scores exceeding $1,000 were rare prior to 1992, and some PAX episodes saw winning totals higher than $1,500.
- Any time a "Team 3" wins the Big Sweep.
- On the Lifetime/Pax versions, the very rare occasion in which a team amassed the maximum time from the base of 1:30 originally 3:40, then 4:30, although in the latter case there were only one or two teams who even got four minutes.
- There is at least one 1990 episode where Team 3 won both the Big Sweep and the bonus round, with only a few seconds left by the time they grabbed the third product.
- Early in the 1990 season, Sweep totals were revealed in dollars and cents. One team won the Big Sweep by 17¢.
- Any time a team of contestants invited to play the Sweep of Champions or Second Chance won $5,000.
- Any time a team wins $100,000 in the ABC revival.
Awesome / Supermarket Sweep