- Sudden Impact gives us one of the most well known quotes of all time, "Go ahead. Make my day." It's first used much the same as, "'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?" to dare a crook to shoot his hostage and give Harry a clear shot, and made such an impact President Ronald Reagan used it.
- A crook that Harry arrested is being released due to the arrest methods. Harry encounters him in the courthouse elevator. The crook mocks him and laughs in his face. A large vein in Harry's temple swells as he grabs the scum by the tie and pulls him across the elevator, slamming him into the wall. Holding him close, he threatens: "Listen punk, to me you're nothing but dog shit. And a lot of things can happen to dog shit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground, it can dry up and blow away in the wind or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice kid and be careful where the dog shits you." He throws the terrified crook into the other wall of the elevator and resumes glaring at the panel of buttons. A colleague looks to him and says "You're a class act Callahan. A real class act."
- He winds up killing that guy and his friends.
- "Who's 'we', sucka?" "Smith & Wesson... and me."
- Giving a mobster a heart attack while he's at dinner with his family just by talking to him has to be bad.
- Despite being the token female member of the gang, Ray shows bigger balls than any other of the rapists in Jennifer's kill-list before her death with this line:So, the bitch is here. Tell me, how's your slut sister?
- Jennifer's speech to the Big Bad and his Mooks "This time, you'll have to rape my dead body!" just before...
- Harry, whom the gang has dropped off a pier, reappears out of swirling mist, leading to...
- Harry shoots the Big Bad Mick with the .44 Auto Mag; said Big Bad falls through a live string of electric lights, off the first hill of a roller coaster, through a glass roof, into a spinning carousel and ends up impaled by a carved unicorn horn. No Kill Like Overkill indeed.
Awesome / Sudden Impact