- The opening scene alone is awesome in its own right for just how iconic it is and for perfectly and quickly establishing the tone and humor throughout the entire franchise.
- Shrek is about to go straight to DuLoc and make Farquaad give him his swamp back, but he needs a guide. However, no one is willing to deal with the man who forced them out of house and home... except Donkey.
- Shrek and Donkey win over DuLoc's spectators (and the home audience) with a no-holds-barred smackdown on Farquaad's knights. All while Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation" plays in the background.
- Shrek stops Dragon chasing him, Fiona and Donkey out of the castle with a sword and good planning. By leading the collared Dragon through a series of criss-crossing pillars, then stabbing a sword through one of the crosses made by the collar's chains. When Dragon tries to fly after them, the sword gets caught between the two points and acts as an anchor, stopping her.
- Fiona interrupts Robin Hood's song with a flying kick to the head, then Curb Stomps the Merry Men.
- The simple fact that Donkey goes back to Shrek's swamp and fights with him about how he's pushed everyone away. He even gets physical with Shrek as they wrestle with a stick, and going so far as to yell in Shrek's face. Considering Shrek is a creature whom could likely easily maim or even eat a creature like Donkey, it's suffice to say the latter has balls.
- Following that, Donkey reveals to Shrek that he has Dragon on their side and has her fly them to DuLoc. That's right: Donkey tamed a fire-breathing lizard by becoming its boyfriend.
"So, um... what did
Fiona say about me? Donkey:
What're you askin' me, for? Why don't you just go ask her? Shrek: The wedding! We'll never make it in time! Donkey:
Ha ha ha, never fear! For where there's a will, there's a way, and I have a way! (whistles for Dragon) Dragon comes flying into the swamp, much to Shrek's surprise Shrek:
Hahaha! I guess it's just my animal magnetism!
- A quick example: Shrek arrives just in time at Fiona and Farquaad's wedding, but upon the revelation that Fiona is an ogress, Farquaad orders his men to have her imprisoned and Shrek killed. All seems lost... until Shrek whistles to summon Dragon, who then bursts in through the church's stained-glass window, and eats Farquaad. People in the theater even cheered at his well-deserved death.