Spoilers Off applies to moments pages. You have been warned.
open/close all folders
Origins Part 1: Tales of Chloé the Ladybug
- Marinette even as a civilian tells off Hawk Moth in her "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
- Adrien tells off Chloé, saying that they cant be friends if she continues to act like a bully.
Stormy Weather: Tales of Aurore the Weather Girl
- A villainous moment when Stormy Weather manages to defeat both Chat Noir and Scarlet Lady (working together for once) in the span of four panels. One to notice the charge, one to beat Chat, one to beat Scar, and one to perform a 'flawless victory' pose. If she hadn't promptly gotten distracted by her own goals, Hawkmoth might have won right then.
Gamer: Tales of Max the Pro Gamer
- Sabine not only refuses to let Chloé go to Marinettes room, recognising her as her bully, but overcharges her for her usual cookies order.
Reflekta: Tales of Juleka the Goth
- Sabrina actually refuses to help Chloé with her latest bullying scheme.
- Adrien also gets a chance to call her out, clearing baffling her.
- Marinette gets to use the Black Cat Miraculous.
- Rose performing a Diving Save for Sabrina.
Timebreaker: Tales of Alix the Skater
- Marinette swiftly grabbing Timebreaker and knocking her to the ground, citing gùn training her mother had her undergo.
- Her basically trying to blackmail Scarlet Lady into fighting by recording her doing nothing. Even if this does get her tagged.
Simon Says: Tales of Simon the Hypnotist
- The reveal that Aurore basically has Alec wrapped around her thumb as a result of how his attempt to rig the weather girl competition was exposed.
- And by the episode's end this is true for Nino too, thanks to Alec's antics with Gabriel.
- Nathalie in general. She singlehandedly foils Scarlet Lady's attempts to be alone in Adrien (especially since he's (supposedly) showering), takes down Simon Says' brainwashed minions, and keeps Gabriel from jumping off the roof of the studio. To quote the author's note:"Look Nino, when your boss is Gabriel I-Make-A-Living-On-Being-An-Asshole Agreste you learn how to defend yourself."
Volpina: Tales of Lila the Fox
- Adrien calling Lila out on her lie about being friends with Scarlet Lady after she saved her life, telling her that he knows it's a lie because Scarlet Lady wouldn't save anyone.
- Lila calling out Scarlet Lady after she's de-akumatized."If anyone's a fake hero, it's you! You don't have to worry about me pretending to be your friend, because I hate your guts! Arrivederci, weirdo!"
- Even more... "Arrivederci" translates as "see you again". That takes guts.
- In the final page of the episode, Adrien gets two back-to-back.
- After dealing with Volpina, his "partner" comes back to his secret identity's home, most likely trying to have a romantic moment with him now that "she's saved him from Volpina/Lila". Keep in mind, she had proved absolutely willing to let Volpina harm innocents, himself included, mere hours ago. Rather than even attempting to argue with her about needing some space after a long day of having to deal with two Small Name, Big Ego girls or call her out for her sociopathic tendencies (more than likely knowing she'll conveniently forget this moment rather than give even a half-assed apology since it doesn't fit her deluded narrative), Adrien simply reveals that his father has upgraded their home security, ending his interaction with Scarlet Lady without saying a WORD, locking her out so he can actually attempt to read his book in peace.
- After months of dealing with a terrible partner who has become an outright sociopath since getting her Miraculous, being overworked on both sides of his life because of said partner's laziness, rebelling against his absent father who is secretly aiding in the ruination of his life as the Big Bad, is forced to deal with his overly selfish Childhood Friend who refuses to take "no" for an answer to his deflections, and is just plain rude to everyone else in class at BEST if not an outright bully at WORST, and unintentionally having to juggle a Two-Person Love Triangle with his crush Marinette, Adrien has had it rough. However, as Word of God promised months back, Adrien finally gets recognition when Plagg, of his own volition, brings Adrien to Master Fu to help translate the Miraculous Grimoire Adrien and Plagg stole from Gabriel's secret safe. Adrien's status as The Chosen One is no longer ignored.
Collector: Tales of Gabriel the TOP SECRET
- Adrien wastes very little time calling out Fu for his mishandling of Scarlet Lady upon being told that Fu was the one who gave Adrien his ring. Fu, for his part, admits his mistake (showing he's grown to own it since Chapter 1 where he insisted on not taking blame for Scarlet Lady), and confesses to Adrien he NEVER chose Scar and has been hunting for her civilian identity on top of his other priorities. Yes, Adrien managed to get Fu to APOLOGIZE for Scarlet Lady in only one page of meeting him!
- Adrien actually getting his father to back down from his threat of pulling him out of school by threating to cause a PR nightmare by telling all his friends-one of which has a personal connection to Nadja Chamack-that he is keeping him prisoner.
- Scarlet Lady is actually useful in a fight for once, beaning the Collector with a bike pedal Lucky Charm.
- Towards the end of the episode, Marinette and Lila have a heart-to-heart conversation on the latter's bad habit. What follows is a very well written conversation.
- We get an actual Freudian Excuse on Lila's part (that she did it to cope with being the new kid with her constant moving due to her mother's ambassador job, but eventually tried to see how far she could stretch her stories), but Scarlet Lady's exposure and humiliation of her made her realize she's probably made enemies of the entire class who loves Scarlet Lady despite her true personality and doesn't want their heckling, hence she intends to skip the rest of the school year since Scarlet Lady threw her into a fountain and gave her a cold over some tall tales. Unlike her canon counterpart, what Lila went through makes her come off as less of a villain and more of a troubled teenager who karma slapped sense into and realizes she's in over her head making an enemy with Scarlet Lady's insane pull with the press.
- Marinette, all too familiar with Scarlet Lady and Chloé's bullying, offers Lila an ear rather than their canon counterparts' mutual hatred. When Lila's done, she calmly accesses the confession and then gives a You Are Better Than You Think You Are speech. The following pages seems to have had some effect on Lila, beginning the latter's HeelFace Turn.Marinette: Yeah, no, Scarlet Lady sucks.
Marinette: [back turned to Lila] Look, I don't like liars. But Scarlet Lady is the biggest liar I know, so I'd pick you over her any day. [turns to Lila] And just so you know, Rose was worried about you. And Alix stopped Chloé from spreading rumors about you. What I'm trying to say is that you're going to have to earn back some trust, but... You're not as alone as you think. [turns to leave] Maybe rethink your assumptions before you give up.
La Befana: Tales of Gina the Witch
- After La Befana hits his Berserk Button of hurting Marinette, Chat Noir's rage is enough to actually make Scarlet Lady listen to him.
Kung Food: Tales of Wang Cheng the Chef
- Marinette outsmarting the brainwashed Jagged Stone.
- When the brainwashed Alec harms Marinette, Cat Noir makes short work of him and Marlena.
- At the end of the episode, Adrien goes to gush about Marinette's skill in assisting Akuma battles to Master Fu. Fu, upon learning that Marinette not only keeps helping despite having no Miraculous, but she once used the Cat Miraculous and faithfully returned it to Adrien, doubles down on his original decision to make her the Ladybug. That's right, everybody: Marigold is finally coming!
Evillustrator: Tales of Nathaniel the Artist
- Sabrina outright yelling at Chloé about not wanting to do any work for the project, and when Chloé tells her that she doesn't have any other friends, Sabrina tells her that's not true because the rest of the class are so much nicer than her.
- It took two seasons, but Marinette finally meets Master Fu, who in one page helps her realize she's fallen in love with Chat Noir.
- The second Chat Noir gets an opportunity to properly fight Evillustrator (being one step behind him for most of the episode), it's a Curb-Stomp Battle in the former's favor. Scarlet gets a minor one in the page prior by using Tikki's intangibility to circumvent Evillustator's ambush and ambush him instead long enough for Chat to arrive.
Vanisher: Tales of Sabrina the Invisible
- While, with the exception of the Stoneheart two-parter of "Origins" (instead showing Scarlet Lady and Chat Noir, respectively), the title art shows the focused Akumatized character in an outfit based on their Akuma form. However, one has to remember Vanisher... was pretty just Sabrina invisible. Here, though? Sabrina's wearing a beautiful dress for the concept art, corresponding to a new akuma design. And she's also reaching up to a black-gloved hand, the owner conveniently off-screen... hinting at Marigold's debut and Sabrina's HeelFace Turn and cutting Chloé out of her life completely.
- Vanisher has new powers, tailor-made to hurt Chloé. Not only can she be invisible herself, but she can make others invisible and inaudible, as if they weren't there, by putting them in a parallel dimension where they cannot interact with the real world. This is a cruel but fitting punishment for Chloé.
- Marinette has none of her canon hesitation at the chance to be the Bee hero. She jumps at the call, having already tried super-heroism once as Maotif. Now she can help Chat Noir without appearing to break her promise to him in "Evillustrator" as long as she keeps her secret identity.
- Marigold appears in a three-panel full length view, after having got in the first hit on the akuma, amazing everyone in the room. Chat Noir, Chloé, and Vanisher yell in unison, "Who are you?!" and Hawkmoth curses from his lair. Her help might have been taken for an attack, but her strike on Vanisher has rendered her visible and audible. As the author said, "Ah yes Vanisher's one weakness. Being hit directly."
- Marigold and Chat Noir working together take down Vanisher in a Curb-Stomp Battle. They first do Back-to-Back Badasses for defense. Then Marigold finds a way to See the Invisible by covering the floor with flowers and looking for disturbances. Chat gets a Kryptonite Factor hit on Vanisher ("Ah my one weakness! Being beat by a baton!" says the author), then Marigold does the Finishing Move with her paralyzing Venom. As the author puts it, "Wam bam thank you ma'am we're done here good job everybody!"
- Anticipating that wearing the Comb to school might draw unwanted attention to her new accessory, Marinette stays up all night creating several other Bee-related accessories to share with her classmates, claiming that the Bee Heroine inspired her to try her hand at resin casting. Girl goes hard when it comes to protecting her new Secret Identity.
Riposte: Tales of Kagami the Fencer
- Through a video that Plagg and Tikki watch from Chloé's purse, we get to see a moment from Marigold's debut TV interview. It is captioned, "Bravo Marigold!" showing that she is off to a great start in the public eye.
- When Chloé angrily asks why Marc is allowed to watch the fencing tryouts and she isn't, not only does Marinette state that Marc has permission, she uses the proper pronouns for them after they correct her.
- For her first time fencing, Marinette actually does very well, managing to land a good hit on Adrien.
- Kagami's Dramatic Entrance.
- When Chloé taunts Kagami over her biased ruling by claiming that she knows when to listen to "her superiors", Kagami stabs the ground so hard she actually makes a crack in it, causing Chloé to flinch. It's also unclear if Kagami actually was aiming for her foot or not.
- When Marigold makes a major blunder in the initial Riposte fight (talking too much to Adrien about getting him to safety and missing an incoming attack by Riposte), Adrien has to has to do a Diving Save for her and he injures his ankle. Marigold is mortified that he was injured protecting her when she was supposed to protect him, and she promises to do better. A cartoon "respect meter" shows she has gained a little respect in his eyes.
- Marigold pulls off an Offscreen Moment of Awesome by getting Adrien away when they are cornered by Riposte on the rooftop. Riposte was looking the right direction to see her and try to stop her, and Scarlet Lady was very close, ready to take Adrien away herself. This move took amazing timing and stealth.
- Chat Noir and Marigold coordinate much faster in this version, defeating Riposte before there is any threat to the sarcophagus where Adrien is supposedly hidden. To be fair, Scarlet Lady helps by providing a third opponent to knock around, and by reluctantly providing the Lucky Charm radiator they need to break the sword/arm.
- Adrien, pretending he watched the fight from the sidelines, compliments Marigold, saying, "You should give yourself more credit. I saw how helpful you were." Marigold blushes and replies, "Helpful?! Really?!", and Adrien thinks, "Cute."
Captain Hardrock: Tales of Anarka the Pirate
- Chloé's tendency to invite herself to every event and expect to be allowed to stay is not welcome on the Liberty. Ivan's solution, instead of arguing with someone he KNOWS will not listen to anyone but herself, is to haul her off the boat and pull up the gangplank before she can react and get herself back on the houseboat, showing that he and everyone else is DONE tolerating her.
- With Marinette not being obsessed with Adrien in this timeline, she shows her ability to focus on the task at hand (setting up the concert) and avoid Alya's hints, even innocently reversing one on Alya, pointing out her crush on Nino.
- When Pollen is about to blurt out what she did to open the lock in a secret-identity-exposing answer to Luka's question, Marinette manages to grab the kwami and shut her up, smoothly finish her sentence with a little "erm" to cover the Vocal Dissonance, and get out her guitar pick with the other hand to show Luka. It's a great feat of quick thinking.
- Marigold gets another Dynamic Entry, freeing Scarlet Lady from the chains that just caught her. She gets no gratitude from Scar, however.
- One to Captain Hardrock, who already has Chat pinned to the mast of the ship and is getting ready to take his ring before Marigold and Scarlet Lady even notice.
- The entire Kitty Section and friends (Luka, Rose, Juleka, Ivan, Nino, Alya, and Mylène) become Adaptational Badasses under Luka's lead. Using Chat Noir's extended baton as a steering pole, they force Captain Hardrock's ship to crash onto dry land. This also provides an opening for Chat Noir and Marigold to use the Lucky Charm chain against the akuma. Their action is not without cost; as Luka says, "We're gonna be so sore tomorrow!"
- After helping with three akumas in a row, Marigold gets recognition as a partner from Chat Noir and a fist-bump "Bien Joué!" with him, to her delight.
- Roger getting even with Chloé for what happened in "Rogercop": He allows the band to play their music cause, well it is a music festival, which in turn recedes the violation order he issued. When Chloé objects and threatens to have her dad fire him (again), he points out Sabrina and he looked over things and realized the mayor doesn't have the jurisdiction to do that, complete with a shaded face as he tells her this. Chloé's sweatdrops as he does are both hilarious and cathartic.
Syren: Tales of Ondine the Mermaid
- Marigold gets credit in the news for helping Chat Noir to round up escaped zoo animals. (Scar doesn't bother to show up, and it gets noticed.)
- Anarka and Luka using the Liberty to mount a rescue.
- Syren manages to deliver a Curb-Stomp Battle to Marigold, but Chat still manages to rescue her after she was blown out of the water.
- All three heroes show up in aqua form, just in time to prevent Syren from kissing Kim and turning him into a merman. All three pose shoulder to shoulder for once. This is an awesome feat for Scarlet Lady, given her squeamishness about getting into dirty water and messing up her hair.
- Due to their heroism and skills, Master Fu decides to train both Chat Noir and Marigold.
Dark Cupid: Tales of Kim the Romantic
- Scarlet Lady manages to stop Dark Cupid by throwing a candy heart at him.
- Scarlet Lady uses her yo-yo to stop a brainwashed Marigold from stinging Chat Noir.
- Once he's saved, Kim wastes no time indirectly calling Chloé out for ruining his gift to Ondine.
Intermission: Tales of Marinette the Bee
- While not concentrating on action and more Slice of Life, the ending has Chat Noir and Marigold discussing how Scarlet Lady isn't the intended owner of the Ladybug Miraculous. When it turns to the subject of if or when they defeat Hawkmoth, Chat doesn't think would give the Miraculous up willingly. Marigold's clenching her fist indicates that there will come a time in the future where the two true heroes of Paris will have to bring down SL like any other villain.
Animan: Tales of Otis the Zookeeper
- Sadly he gets interrupted by Animan releasing the animals, but Adrien finally takes a chance to tell off Chloé for intruding on their group activity when she wasn't invited.
- While she completely misses the hint, Adrien makes it as clear as possible that he's aware that Chloé's nothing more than a Stalker with a Crush and doesn't want her there.
- When trapping Animan in the bus doesn't work (because he rips the roof by transforming into a dinosaur) Marigold gives him an One-Hit KO with Venom, handily defeating him. Even the caption for this makes it clear how fast it went.Caption: Animan Speedrun
Puppeteer: Tales of Manon the Doll Master
- Multimouse dominates the fight. First, she grabs the Lucky Charm electrical extension cord and whirls it, along with her jump rope, to make twin shields the villains cannot penetrate. "That all you got?" she mocks. Then, with Multitude power, she attacks the dolls controlling the puppet villains, making them flop on the ground. While Puppeteer is distracted by this, another copy bites her hand to make her drop her wand, and two more carry her wand away.
Guitar Villain: Tales Of Jagged Stone the Rock Star
- Marigold not only does the dragon-taming feat that Ladybug did in canon but also picks up both Chat Noir and Scar for the ride.
- Marigold drops off the others at the top of the Eiffel Tower, gets the Fang Dragon stuck in the Tower, and gets back with the others extremely fast, so fast that Scar is shocked when Marigold pops up and points to her newly-created Lucky Charm with an idea for how to use it.
- Jagged has enough of Roth's crap, so he quits, and is planning to go find another company that truly appreciates him.
Princess Fragrance: Tales Of Rose the Princess
- Marigold single-handedly defeats all of the minions of Princess Fragrance including Kagami. And unless she detransformed and fed Pollen offscreen, she did it without using Venom.
- Scarlet Lady steps up and prevents Princess Fragrance from even starting to dose the city with perfume.
- Marigold uses the Lucky Charm (a balloon to plug the perfume gun), and a quick Venom to paralyze the villain. She's in no mood to fool around.
- After three seasons of seeing Scarlet Lady as the "absolute worst" and her sheer irresponsibility, culminating in Tikki's incredibly poor health thanks to Chloé, Marinette has had enough. As Marigold, she invites Chat Noir, who notes she sounded a bit off, to talk that night after the Akuma Battle, and doesn't mince words for her goal moving forward.Marigold: Chat Noir. We need to talk about taking the Earrings from Scarlet Lady.