- Parod performs his Heroic Sacrifice by telling off Spatch's soldiers.
- Despite Gerund's earlier declaration of not being as war-like as the rest of his countrymen, his Character Development shows him twice getting out of difficult situations by fighting against his oppressors.
- When he is separated from Rice Boy in the Lonely Land, he is captured by the natives to be fed to Father Dimmon, a large Eldritch Abomination whose hands are nailed to the ground. Despite being restrained, after Gerund has one of his horns broken off, he stabs one of his captors with the other horn and begins tearing through all of them. Father Dimmon's despair at not getting a compliant meal is glorious to see, as Gerund simply walks away from the immobile monster.
- During the final battle, Gerund ties a flag around his neck, picks up an axe and starts chopping up enemies left and right with the rest of his countrymen rallied behind him to keep Rice Boy safe. Here, Gerund swears a Declaration of Protection to Rice Boy to get him to the Iron Tower.
- During the Final Battle, Rice Boy embraces his role as the fulfiller: "This is it, Spatch. This is the tower. This is where I fulfill the prophecy." This is where I am the most awesome mushroom-thing with eyes ever to exist.
- The twist a few pages later, with the revelation of the identity of the true fulfiller: The One Electronic.
Awesome / Rice Boy