- The opera scene, for proof that Bond's pretty awesome even when he's not killing people. He does actual spying too.Bond: Can I offer an opinion? I really think you people should find a better place to meet.
- The whole scene leading up to this, complete with its Crowning Music of Awesome Night At The Opera. It's one of the few well-directed moments of the film, and oozes with atmosphere and intrigue.
- And his exit. Between the suddenly-weird camera effects and Bond's completely blank facial expression as he brutally fucks up every Quantum mook dumb enough to get in his way, it seems as though he's mentally checked-out and just running on autopilot the whole time.
- After knocking out a Quantum agent and stealing his earpiece, he leaves the guy in a room— AND BREAKS THE FUCKING DOOR HANDLE!
- Bond winning a dogfight using an unarmed DC-3 cargo plane. No missiles, no gadgets, just piloting skills.
- The fight at the art gallery's construction scaffolding.
- Mr. White gets two: the "we have people... everywhere scene, and "Well, Tosca's not for everyone". Please, please develop this guy into a Magnificent Bastard? Pretty please?
- The initial car chase.
- Bond swats a motorcycle out from under a henchman. With his bare hand.
- The bit at the harbor in Haiti.
- The scene with Vesper's boyfriend.
- M helping Bond escape the hit squad in the hotel, then telling Tanner "I don't give a shit about the CIA or their trumped up evidence. He's my agent."
- Felix Leiter openly defies the Jerkass who is his boss and goes into a bar, has a brief Info Dump conversation with 007, then tells him he has 30 seconds to move his ass away from the CIA kill squad coming after him. He then proceeds to nonchalantly down his beer as the CIA busts in guns ablaze. He deserves that Field Promotion at the end of the film.
- Made even better with a dash of Fridge Brilliance. Craig!Bond's main pre-MI-6 spec ops experience is with the Special Boat Service (SBS). The kill team are none other than the CIA's Special Activities Division (SAD) their elite-among-elites paramilitary special forces group which are deployed on the blackest of black ops missions. One might expect the SBS to get the floor wiped by them courtesy of SAD operators (as SAD recruits from American SBS-comparable units like Delta Force and DEVGRU and is even more selective; again, it's the elite unit among most of the special forces community!) and especially so for one lone British operative. But no, with some nifty Conservation of Ninjutsu, Combat Pragmatist chops (crack goes Bond's elbow into the guy's face!) and amazing sprinting skills, Bond evades capture and basically makes the kill squad look clumsy!
- Fields tripping The Dragon.
- The chase scene when Bond and Mitchell fall through a glass ceiling, and fight, clinging onto the construction platforms, trying to reach for the guns that were dropped as they fell, when Mitchell grabs a gun, Bond swing around on the overhanging ropes and shoots him first.
- Greene's managing to fight Bond into a stalemate also counts. This dude is a complete civilian and yet he survives fighting against world's best assassin.
- Even more so in hindsight. As of Spectre, Greene is the only Craig-era Big Bad to actually fight Bond. Not only that, he holds his own, despite (unlike the other big bads), not being much of a physical threat. He's aided by the hotel exploding but even with that he manages to disarm Bond before the explosions reach them and keep him entirely on the defensive until the causeway collapses.
- Camille taking on Medrano, who is twice her size, and winning.
- "One shot, make it count." (blows a hole in the wall by shooting a gas tanks)
- When Bond begins his assault on the Hotel in the Desert, the very first thing he does is avenge Mathis who was killed due to the actions of the Corrupt Police Chief, who had betrayed him. How exactly does Bond do it? He drops onto the hood of the Chief's car as it's leaving the parking garage, reminds him of who he (Bond) is, and then blows his brains all over the headrest.
Awesome / Quantum of Solace