- When Pollyanna and Jimmy get caught by Mr. Prendegast while snooping in his house, Mr. Prendegast manages to catch Jimmy, but Pollyanna is able to get away. Just as she's about to run off completely, Pollyanna pauses, then goes back for the boy. Despite all of the nasty stories she's been told about how he captures children and locks them in his basement, Pollyanna marches right back, demanding he release Jimmy, and then makes a new friend in the crusty old man.
- Reverend Ford delivers a rousing sermon after years of misery thanks to directions by Aunt Polly, and he apologises for only looking for evil in the townsfolk rather than good.
- The remake, being a musical, combines this with singing and dancing, perfectly in line with the African-American gospel experience.
- Ben Tarbell standing up to his wife when she refuses to attend the charity bazaar.Ben: I've had just enough of your nonsense. You're going to join in with the others and make this a town, not a dynasty!
- Pollyanna telling off Mrs. Snow when she insists on malingering in bed, that she ought to be glad she's still alive. It's enough to get Mrs. Snow out of bed and begin helping with the charity bazaar by making a quilt.
Awesome / Pollyanna (1960)