As a Moments subpage, all spoilers are unmarked as per policy. You Have Been Warned.note
open/close all folders
Chapter 1: The Activity Club and the New Kid
Chapter 2: Max and the Midnight Visitor
- Ed's Pre-Mortem One Liners are simply cool.
Ed: You're all gonna die!
Ed: I've got 80 pounds of face-breaking spectral muscle standin' between you and the rest of your life, not to mention there's an irate magical girl outside likely t'be half as merciful with you as I'm not gonna be. So! I need you to hurry up n' choose before I acquaint you with your internal anatomy: are we gonna do this the easy way, or the I KILL YOU way?
Chapter 3: Max, Isaac and the Secret Shortcut
- Max has Suzy open the emergency window on a bus so that he can leap through and get his scooter back.
- Isaac scaring the Sphinx of Games by kicking lightning at it!
- Mr. Spender's painting of the fourth wall is magnificent. Except much like the previous example, it's actually decipherable.
Spender: Issac, I know you're frustrated, and I feel very bad about that, but I am not allowed to discuss such matters with you for the duration of your possession.
Chapter 4: The Activity Club and the Ghost Train
- Forge and Mr. Spender facing off.
- And here's another epic moment, where Spender shows just what he can do... (with excessive use of his powers, apparently).
- Isabel vs. the dogs: "All I need to beat you is me!"
- Immediately afterwards, Isabel exploits the Pixhellhounds' immediate restoration by slamming one into the other as it's reforming, trapping the two vile spirits in an infinite death loop. She then boots the fused spirits off of the train.
Chapter 5: The Activity Club and the Insidious Infiltrator
- This page in its entirety. Just... just take in the epic scope of it all; it's a Battle Royale with cheesiness and a whole gambit of characters you may recognize, about to showdown in an awesome game of Hitball.
- Johnny vs. Hijeff. His throws leave craters, but Johnny shows no fear because this is the guy who tried to hurt his crew. Even having seen what the last throw did, he prepares to shield his crew with his own body. It even starts to wake up Forge.
Johnny: Like HECK I'll go down... b'fore I THRASH this wormy creep... for goin' after my friends!!
- When Hijack tries to hit Johnny with the Golden Switch (swaps your team on a hit, gets all your players off the bleachers if caught) during Hitball, Max blocks the ball even though it's going fast enough that his arm gets broken, and when Johnny catches it on the rebound he's knocked to the floor by the force of it. Not awesome enough? Johnny, still on the ground, turns and shouts at his team to get back into the game, resulting in all his dozens of players rushing off the bleachers to pelt Hijack with balls. Cheesy, but epic.
- Lisa both proves how well-informed she is, as well as channeling her eccentricities into a truly chilling speech toward Hijack as she singlehandedly restrains him for the rest of the class to pelt with a rain of hitballs.
Hijack: Wh-what the— Who're you?!
Lisa: Wow, you ARE an imposter. Well, since you're new here, some advice— you should be more careful in this school. There are some scary people here...you really don't want to offend.
- Max's epic Reason You Suck Speech to Hijack calling him out on his misguided revenge.
Max: You're just hurting people, dude! It's not a just cause just 'cause you found a jerk to be your punching bag! Look what your good deed DID! [points to his own broken arm] I know what you are, Hijack, and you know what you feel like.
Max: A bully.
- During the third scuffle with the bat spirit from way back in Chapter 1, PJ begins to get absorbed by it in front of Max. It's too high in the air to hit with his bat (and even if it wasn't, that broken arm isn't doing him any favors), and his spec-shots droop off of his finger instead of shooting out. So what does Max do instead? Why, he tosses the spec-shot formed earlier and hits it like a baseball, of course!
- Whatever is going on with Mr. Garcia, he was able to push back against Isaac's blast of wind with his bare hands, and casually diverted the kid's lightning with a splash of orange juice of all things.
- That's a Genius Bonus in and of itself: lightning tends to follow the path of least resistance, and water (or water-based liquids like orange juice) tend to be said path more often than not.
- Isabel puts her flipping powers to clever and resourceful use, maneuvering herself and her tool around to completely change the battleground in seconds. And this is a power she discovered less than an hour ago.
- Isabel seeing Hijack's latest facade for what it is and letting him have it, refusing to be jerked around any longer.
Isabel: JUST. SHUT. UP. ALREADY!! Who do you think you're fooling? NOT... ME!! Playing nice...! Playing the villain...!! I don't care WHAT you're playing at!! Either way, I'm not gonna BE YOUR PUPPET!!!
- The Activity Club working as a team to defeat Hijack.
- Isabel's flip throw combined with Isaac's air push to throw Hijack, and the way Isabel shot Isaac a look and he immediately got what she meant.
- Ed and Isabel slicing through Hijack's strings — Ed with his tool, Isabel with a spectral sword — while standing as Back-to-Back Badasses, a team once more. Also setting up...
- A winded-up air punch from Isaac, combined with Max copying the repulsion move he'd seen his spirit do, knocking Hijack off his feet once more, and setting up the final punch from Isabel.
Chapter 6: Stephen and the Suspension of Disbelief