- Bowser defeats Mario so thoroughly at the start that he's folded and crumpled up when Kersti finds him.
- One Toad at the beginning of the game is hiding behind a bush waiting to ambush Bowser.
- Bowser Jr. uses paperization to wad up a bridge Mario needs to cross, then throws it to the top of a cliff that can only be reached from the other side of the bridge. A bunch of Toads save the day by stacking together to form a staircase.
- Any time Mario warps reality with the power of Stickers, Paperization, and Things.
- At the end of World 1, a team of Goombas show resourcefulness with their papery bodies and group together as the boss. Suddenly they're a Not-So-Harmless Villain.
- Goombas and Koopas have skills to back up their words this time around, and gleefully mock Mario as they show off their sticker power.
- Restoring the oasis with the Faucet in World 2.
- The unveiling of Drybake Tower in World 2.
- Wiggler swimming across a poisoned ocean to get Mario and Kersti to the island.
- The boss of World 3, Gooper Blooper, getting Hoist by His Own Petard, should the player use the proper Thing sticker (sponge). Mario gets an awesome Theme Music Power-Up and the boss won't be able to hit him. Kind of cathartic after all the problems the boss has caused for the forest.
- The final boss battle. Bowser just keeps throwing wave after wave at you, culminating in the prerequisite One-Winged Angel. All of this even more awesome by getting a Theme Music Power-Up at the end, thanks to Kersti's sacrifice, and going to town on the boss.
Awesome / Paper Mario: Sticker Star