- Becoming one of the biggest boybands of all-time despite making it only to third place on the X-Factor is this in spades.
- Their unprecedented success in the United States for a U.K. boy band.
- Although Justin Bieber would later come back and bite them hard, seeing them one-upping all of his accomplishments and essentially burying his career into the ground in less than two years was breathtaking. This is likely why the Internet gave them somewhat of a "free pass" and they were able to avoid the resistance that Bieber faced.
- They had a four year run on top. Most boy bands only dream of holding on for as long as they have.
- During their reign on top, they had little to no competition. While it is painful to see many promising careers fizzle out, it is surely a testament to 1D's popularity.
- One Direction winning twenty-seven awards at the Teen Choice Awards is impressive in itself, but they won twenty-seven while only losing two in 2015 where they lost to Super Junior for Choice International and Choice Fandom. Nevertheless, they are, according to Wikipedia, the winningest act in the award show's history.
Awesome / One Direction