- Debbie's first act out of prison: conning a high-end makeup store out of several fancy cosmetics, then pulling another con to get a night in a luxury hotel. She has literally nothing but the clothes on her back before she pulls these cons off.
- Debbie has apparently run the Gala con every day, in her head, for five years. By year three she had it down pat. She had herself deliberately put in solitary to give her more time to think.
- The con goes off without a hitch. The team walks out of the gala, each wearing pieces of the Toussaint, with no one the wiser.
- The revelation that Daphne isn't some dumb bimbo who's nothing more than a pawn. She catches on to what's happening, and she wants in! Not only that, she quickly proves her worth, and is a huge help to the team.
- The Reveal: the Toussaint was a smokescreen and something to pin on Claude. The real target was the entire exhibit.Lou: Did you think we just stole one necklace? What are we, pussies?
- Meta example: The mixed to negative reviews of the film from white male critics prompted the female cast to speak out against the biased treatment and implicit sexism from these critics.
Awesome / Ocean's 8