- Spike gets a huge one in chapter 4 where he manages to fight off two fully grown stallions for a significant period of time with nothing more than claws and adrenaline. Granted they were kidnapping him. As Shock put it:I tell you, if you tick off a dragon it doesnt matter if its an adult or a baby, it will give your flank a spanking.
- Twilight snapped at two Diamond Dogs in chapter 5Twilight: I'm terribly sorry I must have made that sound like a request. It wasn't. Call one of your onithopters.
- Then there's her little soiree with Zeitgeist and his small army. Curbs are involved.
- An evil but no less awesome one from TiracTirac: Plan B
Tirac: Oh no! Whatre you going to do with [the wrench]? Fix the plumbing?
- Which is then countered by, of all people, Spike. Best encapsulated in this little exchange
Spike: No Im gonna wreck your power generators, allowing my friends and I to escape and preventing you from phasing your penetrator thingy. Clear?
Tirac: Oh? Please, tell me how you plan to destroy three multi-ton generators twenty meters away whilst surrounded on all sides by my faithful servants with nothing but a wrench.
Spike: Easy. You ever hear the story of the watchmaker in the desert?
Tirac: No, actually.
Spike: Thats because I made it up just now.
Tirac: Ah. Tell me then, how does it go?
Spike: A watch maker takes his pocket watch into the desert. It stops working. The end.
Tirac: Ooh kid! Post that one on Equestria Daily, Im sure itll get six stars!
Spike: The moral of the story, you see (inhales, preparing to use his teleportation breath) Is that small things in the right place can cause big problems; like a grain of sand in the gears of a pocket watch or, say A wrench in a turbine?
Tirac: (Oh, Crap! reaction)
- And finally the ending of Twilight's light strollTwilight: Are you the one they call Gabbro?
Tirac: Well, Im wearing the one they call Gabbro. I'm Tirac, the monster who killed all but three of this worlds gods half-a-million years ago, pleased to meet you.
Twilight: You could be Radian for all I care. The dragon in your arms, hand him over and Ill consider leaving your skeleton where it is.
Tirac: Oh! Was that a threat from a pony? I think Im in love!
(One Oh, Crap! later)
Zeitgeist: Never you mind that, the dragon will be back with us in a matter of moments.
(Tirac crashes right trough the wall and into another)
- The fic should have been called Don't Piss Off Twilight Sparkle
- And finally, what becomes of Gabbro after he regains control from Tirac. Gabbro may have been turned into a monster by Tirac, but in the end, seeing him take his destroyer down into death with him with Tirac groveling for his life was every kind of awesome.
Awesome / Mines of Dragon Mountain