- Dr. Weaver (foreshadowing her recruitment as Agent L) finishing off the giant cockroach.Laurel: Interesting job you guys have.
- Agent J's got a couple, mostly for the quotes given by Will Smith afterward:
- Before he joins the MIB, he chases after an alien on foot and tackles him to the ground, while saying:J: You see this [badge]?! Huh?! N! Y! P! D! Means I will kNock Your Punk-ass Down!
Alien!Perp: (out of breath, panting) He's coming... he's coming...
J: Yeah, and when he gets here, I'll arrest his ass too!
- J being able to chase the alien down on foot — an alien capable of running up walls — was what convinced K that he would make a good replacement.
- During the MIB session at the shooting range, there's J's rebuttal in defense of him shooting an eight-year-old girl instead of the "obviously" vicious-looking aliens. His explanation? The aliens were simply minding their own business, but there was Tiffany, a little white girl in the middle of the ghetto in the middle of night, carrying a handful of quantum physics textbooks way too advanced for a kid her age, so she had to be starting something.
- The animated series reveals that the little girl guise is the preferred disguise of the Bug Queen. The little girl really is the most dangerous thing in that alley.
- Dialogue between K and Zed reveals that J actually did pick the right target. The "monsters" were depictions of ugly but totally harmless alien species!Or do I owe her an apology?(Zed smiles a little)
- Enjoy your new threads, Mr. Smith. You won't need any others.
- Before he joins the MIB, he chases after an alien on foot and tackles him to the ground, while saying:
- K's speech about people:K: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. 1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and 15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow...
- After J dons his MIB gear for the first time:You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.
- Agent K's got some good moments, but his CMoA:I'm going to get my gun back.
J: You need to ease up out my face 'fore something bad happen to you.(the sound of the Series 4 De-Atomizer charges from the inside of the cockroach alien)J: Too late. *BLAM!*
- Deliberately getting eaten by the giant alien who ate his gun, then blowing him up from the inside.
- How Agents K and J shoot down a UFO which promptly crashes and skids towards them while very slowly slowing down. The best part is how the two agents don't so much as budge as it inches closer towards them.
- It also should be noted that J obviously wants to move out of the way of the crashing spaceship, but holds his ground because K just isn't fazed.
- The Reveal at the end of the film that the entire Milky Way galaxy is, just like The Galaxy, inside a marble. In this case, one of many in an alien's collection.
- The tow truck driver was particularly ballsy when he faced "Edgar"."Edgar": Hey, this is my truck!Tow Truck Driver: Yeah, and make sure you tell 'em that at the impound!("Edgar" goes into the truck and grabs his shotgun)Tow Truck Driver: (revealing his own pistol) Please...
- When Laurel discovers the Galaxy in the little collar around Orion's neck, there's something rather awesome about the way the Galaxy is reflected in her eyes and she just goes "Woah..." That was some nice acting from Linda Fiorentino, considering she'd just be looking at a marble.
- While doubling as a CMOF, J is the one to realize how Edgar was going to get off the planet:J: (loudly, to K and Zed) Hey! Old guys! (K and Zed turn to scowl; J gestures to the observation towers of the 1964 World's Fair mural) Do those still work?
- Meta Example - Especially considering the plot of the film, combined with the title, it really was cool that they got Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith into the top two roles, which allowed the top billings in a lot of promotional posters to literally be "Mr Smith and Mr Jones" - a truly awesome allusion to the idea of Men In Black. It's so cool that it's hard to believe they weren't even the director's first choices.
Awesome / Men in Black