"Battlefield of the Valkyries"
- Hayate whenever he gets on a Giant Mecha. We first see this when he makes his Workroid dance while moving around freight containers, this however is just foreshadowing of when he takes a damaged VF-171 and shows off some fancy footwork dodging the attacks of the Var controlled Zentraedi.
- While Walkure's act in general is this, singing in the middle of a battlefield, but Mikumo takes the cake when she manages to turn a simple opening lyric into the greatest Badass Boast an idol has ever given, as a battlefield is transformed into a concert venue in moments.
- Special mention needs to go to the fact Mikumo actively chases the action, jumping onto the back of a Valkyrie and then onto the face of a Quadluun battle pod just to reach out to the Var controlled pilot.
- When she gets buried in rubble from some stray missiles she simply breaks out of it and immediately rushes back into battle with another song.
- Delta Squadron, full stop. First, they demonstrate the ability to seamlessly integrate aerobatic dances in support of Walkure while in the middle of battle. Secondly, they're able to go toe to toe with the Aerial Knights who just recently were able to decimate an entire fleet.
- Freyja's singing being heard by Walkure even in the middle of the battlefield.
"Audition of Preparedness"
- Freyja breaking out into song during a Var outbreak, even when she's on her back and with Var infected passenger standing over her. While it turned out to be a fake set up as part of her final audition, meaning that the danger wasn't real, Freyja wasn't aware of that. The fact that she was able to do what she did in that situation just shows how much resolve she has.
"A Stormy Dogfight"
- Hayate beating Mirage by pulling off a Pugachev's Cobra, and then transitioning it into Gerwalk and then Battroid mode all while putting the sun on his back making Mirage unable to pull a bead on him while he lines up a perfect shot on her.
- Hayate learned all this by watching the big seacat pull off a Pugachev's Cobra underwater while being chased by Chuck.
- To all to this, Hayate did all this while his Valkyrie's AI limiter was turned off, meaning that there was barely any system keeping the plane stable at the time.
"A Shocking Debut Show"
- During Freyja's debut live, Hayate break away from formation and starts doing an improvised dance with his VF-31 that absolutely wows the crowd.
- With Walkure's defensive drones down due to interference, Delta Squadron defends them and their audience from an incoming storm of missiles simply by shooting all of them down.
- In the middle of all the fighting, Mikumo simply walks up and starts singing without any amplifier support to snap a pilot out of the Var Syndrome.
- Once Freyja joins in, they end up amplifying each other enough that just about all the UN Spacy pilots are snapped out of Var Syndrome.
- Hayate starts to level up his piloting in this episode.
- His third (and most awesome so far) Big Damn Heroes moment when he kicks Bogue, who had gotten close to the Aether and was about to fire upon Walkure (and Freyja specifically).
- He gets a second one a few moments later when Mirage gets double teamed by Helman and a rookie Knight, getting a shot from near the edge of his guns' range to take out the rookie and save Mirage.
- There's also him managing to dodge Theo and Xao by mimicking Messer and Keith and jumping off of the asteroids to move around.
"Behind Enemy Lines"
- The episode includes several cases of Hollywood Hacking which partially is using Fold Resonance.
- Freyja finally finds her resolve as she goes off on her own to sing to a Voldoran pilot under the control of the Var Syndrome. Not only does she reach him and stopping his attack, her song actually reaches across the battlefield and, thanks to the nearby Protoculture ruins, even across space to Prince Heinz and King Gramia in Windermere.
- Hayate, with the help of Freyja's song, wipes the floor with Bogue in a dogfight. When Bogue tries a last ditch transformation maneuver, he finds that Hayate has already countered it allowing the latter to shoot Bogue's weapons off and then disable his plane.
- Him actually taking a page from Kira and consciously moving to disable rather than destroy the enemy's fighters. When Hayate cornered Bogue, he actually held his cockpit in his reticle long enough for Bogue to notice it, before choosing to spare him and moving to disable his machine. This is what actually riles Bogue so much afterwards.
- Messer single-handedly saving Delta Squadron and Walkure from the Aerial Knights, while using his Var infection to power himself up with the help of Kaname's song.
- It also doubles as a CMOA for Kaname who before this, initially believed that she could not be in the center stage due to her past of being a failed idol and being overshadowed by Mikumo in Walkure. She ends up singing solo for this battle (performing her song, "Axia") and is the driving force for Messer to keep on going.
- The Macross Elysion launches from Ragna in a move not unlike a modern rocket launch and folds to Al Shahal, only to come face-to-face with the Sigur Valens... which then folds out. That's right, Windermere waited for Chaos to attempt to retake Al Shahal before launching an assault on Ragna. The Brisingr Cluster is screwed.
- This episode is filled with an awesome moment after another:
- Just right after the Sigur Valens has folded straight towards Ragna, the Macross Elysion fires its main cannons straight into Fold space and hits the Sigur Valens, causing significant damage to the Song of the Wind Chamber within and preventing Ragna (and the unconquered parts of the Brisingr Cluster as a whole) from falling into Windermerean hands as quickly as Al-Shahal did.
- Macross Elysion gets another moment of awesome yet again when it pulls off a Gunship Rescue by using its pin-point barriers to take the main cannon fire from Sigur Valens right after an atmospheric reentry, protecting Walkure and the colony ark behind it. The Macross Elysion plunges straight into the sea afterwards, only for the ship to resurface and challenge Gramia in the Sigur Valens, even scoring a direct hit on the Windermerean flagship.
- After almost being taken out by Bogue and then the Sigur Valens, Freyja risks her life to help Hayate by jumping off the ship so her song can reach him. It does and him synchronizing to her singing helps him enough that he's able to hold his own against Keith and actually shoot him down. All of this to the opening theme.
"Scatter on Stage"
- In this episode we learn that some of the NUN soldiers on Voldor are still fighting, thanks to Walkure's song turning them immune to Var Syndrome.
- The show broadcast on the galaxy network spreading a virus through the Windermerean computers and wrecking their communication network, and making money out of it. Including getting some from Bogue.
- Walkure's mission on Voldor ends up liberating the planet by destroying the local Protoculture ruins and thus breaking the mind control and has Hayate single-handedly curb-stomp the Aerial Knights and nearly shooting Keith down again. Even if how it happened is rather terrifying...
- After a long string of episodes of being overshadowed, Mirage gets her own moment to shine when Hayate and Freyja are dealing with their self-esteem issues. Freyja is afraid her singing may have infected Hayate with Var, so she offers to stop singing if it means Hayate can fly again. Obviously, Hayate wont let Freyja sacrifice her dream for his sake, so he offers to quit flying so that she can remain at Walküre. Mirage overhears the conversation and takes matters in her own hands, shouting at both of them that for once, they are doing something they can take pride of and they should hold onto it no matter what. Pulling no punches, Mirage says that without her singing, Freyja only has her rune and some apples and if Hayate quits flying, hell go back to being a bum stuck in a series of dead-end jobs. She even offers to protect them if it means getting them to move past their self-pitying. Props to Asami Seto for saying all of this with the utmost sincerity and emotion.
- Vordor's NUNS garrison assaults Randall with such ferocity that by the time the Elysion shows up all they have to do is the mop-up...
- The Vordor garrison brought with them a König Monster. Cue Windermere carrier exploding.
- The best part? This is the diversion: the real attack is on Alfheim, from which they can attack Windermere directly, Vordor's garrison and Kaos' biggest guns were at Vordor just to lure the Aereal Knights away from the prize. And it worked: by the time Roid is informed of the real attack (that is, where Walküre is), Keith, Bogue and Hermann and their squadrons are stuck at Randall, and only the squadrons led by Cassim and the twins are available to reinforce Alfheim.
- Indirectly, this is an awesome moment for the New United Nations Spacy: the forces wrecking the Windermereans are a planetary garrison from the fringes of NUN space equipped with antiquated weapons. Had a single Long-Distance Colonization Fleet (such as the Macross Seven or the Macross Frontier fleets) or Galaxy Patrol squadron showing up without the Song of the Wind interfering (as it did in a previous episode when a Galaxy Patrol squadron did arrive), let alone a battle fleet, it wouldn't have even been a battle.
- At Alfheim Freyja isn't singing well due her worry to make Hayate berserk again... And Mikumo gets her out of her depression with a slap and making her handsign for Walküre.
- As Freyja feared, Hayate starts berserking shortly after... And Mirage and Freyja immediately bring him back to normal.
- Mirage finally flying and fighting as well as one would expect from a Jenius-and then pulling a manouver worth of Max and Miria with Hayate. Poor Cassim lost his drones before he could realize what was happening, and barely got away...
- Walküre successfully using the ruins on Alfheim to open a fold portal that allows them, Hayate, Mirage and Arad to go directly to Windermere bypassing the fold faults that had previously prevented attacks.
- Why Chuck isn't there? He was too busy keeping the Knights and their squadrons away from the portal... And while Cassim and Xao manage to pass (the latter only to get shot down by Arad as soon as he gets distracted), they're the only two, and Theo was shot down.
- Cassim's Dying Moment of Awesome: he gave everything he had, even matching Keith and being close to shoot down Hayate... And then his rune almost ran out and made him faint, sending the plane crashing down. He recovers, could survive by crashing on some woods nearby... But it's an orchard (that to him symbolize everything he's fighting for), so he ''willingly'' crashes his plane away from it, getting deady injuries in the process.
- We've known for a while that Windermereans have superior physical abilities compared to humans. Then Mikumo attacks four of their soldiers bare-handed, and easily takes them down.
- Immediately after, they send in a whole company just for her. Somehow, she still gets away.
- And the finale is one for Roid: he alone manages to capture her.
- Berger has a few:
- First, he reveals he can track Arad, Reina and Makina because their equipment has components provided by subsidiaries of Epsilon.
- Then he reveals that Epsilon Corporation is pulling out due what Roid is planning to do And, in the meantime, he just had the VF-22S of Hayates father restored to flying conditions without nobody noticing (remember, that fighter is on a public display), and now gives it to Arad so he can free his captured companions.
- After their Kangaroo Court, Hayate, Mirage and Freyja are sentenced to death by jumping down a cliff, with Bogue demanding that Freyja jumps first. Hayate instead decided to go first, with Keith granting it as a last wish. So Hayate walks to the plank slowly, and then, when Bogue is getting impatient, uses the distraction provided by Arad with his fathers plane to jump down with Mirage and Freyja
Just on their waiting VF-31s that he had remotely summoned.
- The Kangaroo Court itself is one for Heinz, it was the only way he found to be able to have a chat with his enemies, Roid might have taught him a bit too well.
- Kaname using the show drones to swat away Windermere flying infantry.
- Thanks to Walkure, Chuck and members of the Vordor garrison are finally able to raid Windermere. And the Vordor NUNS has brought two Konig Monsters.
- One for the Sigur Valens, as its the first time something gets attacked by the Konig Monsters and isnt even scratched.
- The entire final episode definitely qualifies.
- Satelight released, with the Japanese BD releases, Region-free discs with English subtitles for the first time in the recent history of the franchise, contrary to the implied behest of Harmony Gold, meaning an easy import solution for English fans.
- The official English subtitles include every single song translated faithfully, including when Prince Heinz and the mind-controlled Mikumo sing.note The unofficial translations give a 'best guess' translation which is far from faithful.
- A few months after Delta's run ended, it was discovered Harmony Gold had encountered legal issues which means Macross Delta may well be the LAST Macross series to be blocked by them!
- On their third album, Freyja does a cover of Ranka's signature song, Seikan Hikou, and Mikumo covers one of Sheryl's signature songs, Diamond Crevasse.