open/close all folders
- Annalise smoothly and calmly taking Laurel down a peg in one of her first scenes when Laurel steals a learning moment from Wes.
- The sheer Refuge in Audacity of Annalise's defence in the second episode, when she argues that her client couldn't have killed his second wife because when he killed his first wife, he did so quickly and cleanly, whereas the second wife was murdered in a hasty, brutal fashion. The client openly admits to killing his first wife on the stand, but can't be convicted because of double jeopardy, so he walks free.
- After having a Heroic BSoD so bad she's nearly catatonic after the murder, Michaela manages to recover enough to convince a security guy that the four of them aren't doing anything wrong, while they're holding a rug they've wrapped a body in.
- Asher calling out his father for being corrupt.
- And in the same, Annalise giving a powerful testimony about how corporate greed destroys communities.Analise: Explain why your eviction suit against Miss Morelli was dropped despite her inability to pay rent. Is it because her lost rent money was nothing compared to the millions you made once Miss Stanley was out of your way? Answer the question, senator. Why was Linda Morelli granted these concessions?Sen. Trucco: Mr. Chief Justice, I have extended great deference to the court by showing up here today. But I am not gonna put up with this any longer.Analise: I am sorry, senator, if you do not have the time to answer for who bore the real cost of your development. Not just Trisha Stanley and her boyfriend, David Allen - who served 21 years in prison - but the thousands who were displaced in the name of lining your pockets, the majority of whom are poor, powerless, and didn't bear the color of skin desirable to your business interests. You tore a community apart. You tore families apart. You destroyed lives, senator. Admit it. Admit you killed Trisha Stanley and had my client, David Allen, set up for her murder.
- And in the same, Annalise giving a powerful testimony about how corporate greed destroys communities.
- Annalise telling Ms. Parks to shove it after the latter betrays her in an Enemy Mine.
- Michaela's future mother-in-law showing up and demanding she sign a pre-nup. Michaela tries to slap her, and she effortlessly catches it, and sounds amused as she says she's willing to have a catfight right there in the fancy restaurant, with her doubtless expensive hair, makeup, and clothes.
- Michaela during the confrontation defending herself by stating that she loves Aiden and is not marrying him for his money. Also, the reason why she tried to slap her mother-in-law was because the latter insisted Michaela was a Gold Digger and insulted her about her poor background.
- Michaela protecting Laurel from Sam the night of the murder and pushing him over a second-story railing in the process.
- In the mid-season finale, Laurel is a walking CMOA. She retrieves the thumbnail and flees Sam while Michaela guards her, and remains utterly composed throughout the entire night after the murder. After comforting Michaela, Laurel later gives the latter some Tough Love, warning her that calling her fiance' from the Keating residence would have her phone traced by the cell-tower, thus making all efforts to cover the murder meaningless. Lastly, she calls out Michaela, Connor, and Wes for chewing her out when Frank called her, when they should be more concerned with disposing the body.
- Wes manages to con his way into a Police interrogation room to visit Rebecca. Using only a fake ID and his wits. Only getting caught because Rebecca informed the Watch Officer that he was a fake. For only a law student, Wes shows his willingness to cross lines when he thinks its worth it.
- Episode 10 begins with Annalise throwing out Ms. Parks after the latter mocks her over the death of her husband.
- Annalise: Get out, or I'll throw you out!
- Episode 11: Laurel giving her parents a "The Reason You Suck" Speech for not paying attention to her career choices.
- Bonus awesome points for it being in Spanish.
- Annalise's mother revealing to Annalise that the fire that burned down her first home was done to kill Uncle Clive after she discovered he was sexually abusing Annalise.
- Bonnie snapping at the students for questioning her decisions.
- Michaela telling the woman who would have been her mother-in-law that she's not marrying her son, because she loves herself.
- Episode 1:
- Episode 2:
- Frank calling out Laurel for only using him when she wants to have sex and informs that if she wants the sexual part she needs to get to know him.
- Annalise giving a scathing "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Emily Sinclair, the prosecutor of Nate's trial.
- Extra props for Sinclair for not looking the least bit upset or angry and simply confirming that Annalise does have anger issues.
- While it was hard to see, Eve manages to get Nate acquitted by making it look like Annalise could've done it.
- Episode 3:
- Wes immediately rushing to Michaela's home in a hunt for Levi, and threatening the latter to stay away from his fellow lawyer-in-training.
- Episode 4:
- Annalise ripping into Connor for delegating incriminating evidence to the opposing lawyer, thus causing her to lose the case when her client loses her shit and literally exposes herself as the killer."You make me out to be the villain if it helps you sleep at night, but do not mess with my cases."
- Annalise ripping into Connor for delegating incriminating evidence to the opposing lawyer, thus causing her to lose the case when her client loses her shit and literally exposes herself as the killer.
- Episode 5:
- Annalise defending Bonnie from Connor, Michaela, and Laurel when they think Bonnie told their Dark Secret to Asher. Also counts as a Heartwarming Moment.
- Frank's entire play on Wes. To elaborate, he knew that Wes and Levi would would go to his friend's cemetary. So, he went to his friend first to tell him to give them a key to a storage shed. Framed Levi by planting drugs in his cars. And he replaced Rebecca's body with a boat load of cash. They guy is an expert Manipulative Bastard.
- Episode 6:
- Catherine managing to secretly (until they notice) record the Keating Group.
- Episode 7:
- Though it was painful to watch, Bonnie rightfully ripping into Annalise for revealing her rape survivor to Asher, thus ruining "the only good thing" in her life, and beforehand, she also tears into Asher for not intervening in Tiffany's gang rape and stepping up about it to bring her justice.
- Episode 8:
- Asher being the one to find the chip Sinclair placed into Annalise's home.
- Annalise putting Nate in his place by telling him she won't sleep with him as a way for him to feel better.
- Wes managing to remember a similar painting Catherine made for him in the background of Philip's home.
- Annalise duping Sinclair again, not once but twice; after Asher discovers the bug Sinclair placed in Annalise's home, Annalise and friends fake a conversation in front of Sinclairs hidden pen bug that impels the DA to chase a fake lead in search of a murder weapon hidden in the basement of the Hapstall house. Sinclair finds nothing, and Annalise smugly runs out the clock and saves the day - or at least, staves the deal, earning an astonished look from Sinclair.
- The second time goes to Frank technically, when he saves the day by entering the court room with evidence proving that Philip was the Hapstall murderer, thus forcing Catherine to reconsider taking Sinclair's plea deal. The usually calm and smug Sinclair later has a breakdown, and Annalise taunts her about it.
- Episode 11:
- After Caleb calls Michaela a whore, she throws it back at him, pointing out that he didn't tell her about the gun until after they had sex.
- The Keating Five each giving Annalise their own What the Hell, Hero? speech when she doesn't call in on Wes to see how he's doing. And then walking out on her.
- Episode 13:
- Annalise exploiting the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine to convince the DA to give her and her team immunity from any crime related to the night that Annalise was shot."Either I sue your ass for abuse of authority, or you give me immunity."
- Annalise exploiting the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine to convince the DA to give her and her team immunity from any crime related to the night that Annalise was shot.
- Episode 14:
- Annalise fighting off Philip and fleeing Wes' apartment.
- The Keating Four channeling their inner Annalise and tossing the DA's inquisitions right back in his face. Bonus point to Connor for this gem:"So good luck screwing me because you're really not my type."
- Episode 15:
- Annalise spends the bulk of the episode avoiding her students and her employees to spend time with her family in Memphis. However, as soon as an arrest warrant is issued against her, she confronts the DA and gives him evidence showing that Caleb murdered his parents and his aunt, and framed Philip and Catherine. She clears her and her students' names from any involvement in the Hapstall murders or Emily Sinclair's murder just like she promised.
- Episode 2:
- Connor giving a powerful "The Reason You Suck" Speech to the judges for victimizing his client again by blaming her for her actions instead of questioning her victim's behavior (her husband who physically and sexually abused her).
- Episode 3:
Annalise: "God knows you deserve worse."
- Connor giving a "The Reason You Suck" Speech to a guy who ditched Oliver to go for him, claiming Asians were not his type.
- Annalise slapping her client after he complained she got 3 years in prison for him after killing 2 innocent women in separate occasions.
- Episode 5:
Michaela: "Go anywhere near my bag or anyone else's in this room and your laptop won't be all you're missing, you spineless, tiny-balled, whiny excuse of a man! Walk away."
- Michaela gives a powerful Breaking Speech to Simon after he accuses the Keating Five of stealing his laptop, which works.
- Annalise successfully demands that her suspension be lifted by threatening President Hargrove with a lawsuit based on the University's inaction on the flyers.
- Episode 10:
Simon: I'm just trying to get the truth.Oliver: No, you're a horrible person. And you need to leave.
- Oliver telling Simon off for insisting that Annalise was the one who killed Wes right after his memorial. Simon immediately shuts up, apologizes, and leaves.
- Episode 2:
- Michaela getting an internship with a prestigious law firm in spite of her mediocre grades based purely on the strength of her interview.
- Annalise's first client after her disbarment hearing is her former cellmate, Jasmine, a convicted prostitute and drug addict. She manages to win the case by convincing the judge that since Jasmine was wrongfully convicted at 13 for prostitution, rather than being sent to a rehabilitation clinic, the justice system failed her. The judge dismisses the charges against Jasmine and orders all of her prior convictions to be sealed.
- Episode 12: Annalise is near the end of her rope, overwhelmed by bad cases and even she can't figure out how to handle it. But then a suggestion comes and she goes to a lecture hall. There, writing on a chalkboard is the only woman who can possibly match Annalise: OLIVIA POPE.
- Episode 13: Annalise managing to get the Supreme Court to hear her case, even shutting up the most argumentative judge by using his own words from a previous case against him.